• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do OPIOIDS help with BENZO WITHDRAWAL?

ambler16

Greenlighter
There are endless discussions over whether or not benzos help with opiate withdrawal. However I?m curious as to whether or not opiates help with benzo withdrawal. I know benzo withdrawal is is absolute hell, but I?m very curious as to whether or not large doses of opiates would ease the symptoms of benzo withdrawal at all? For example, would a large IV dose of strong heroin or OxyContin help with the insomnia? Would it help with the anxiety/panic attacks? All answers/feedback is welcome!

I have no experience of opiate withdrawal, but I'd imagine the answer is that they could only mask some of the symptoms. So, you light feel less anxious, but they wouldn't prevent you having a seizure, etc.

If your not already addicted to opiates I wouldn?t use them to w/d from another addictive drug. Opiates are extremely addictive!

Eezy Peezy Xeexy

There are endless discussions over whether or not benzos help with opiate withdrawal. However I?m curious as to whether or not opiates help with benzo withdrawal. I know benzo withdrawal is is absolute hell, but I?m very curious as to whether or not large doses of opiates would ease the symptoms of benzo withdrawal at all? For example, would a large IV dose of strong heroin or OxyContin help with the insomnia? Would it help with the anxiety/panic attacks? All answers/feedback is welcome!
I actually deciced to answer your question before my rant bellow. I have had Benzos help be quite significantly get through heroin w/d. The first 3 days are must more managable since beyond 10 I woudln't take any're benzos or if you, talk to a Dr. and taper or find a good spot. That doesn't seem to be your question though any way. Yes opiates can help Benzo W/D. It's hard for me to say amounts and what not. There are a ton of knowledegable folks on here though that if you gibe the "Ammount taken daily") May really help. Okay first off. I am using Xanax to help my Mdone w/d (only 72hrs at this point.} As many will say. Dual addictions are awful to begin with. Any Benzo+Alc or Opis is rough coming off of. But I'm telling you I've seen it many times. an addict just wants to git well and doesn't necessarily anticipate creating this 'potentially' deadly cycle to begin with. Hell, across the country Mdone clinics will allow Benzos scripts (FULL PAY clients of course ime) Best case. Complete Abstinence. Rather likely alternative, a roller coaster ride and at times feeling the need to adjust multiple elements of treatement to become safe & successful switching to Benzos, even though that can be an expense in more ways than one. The Convenience and cost generally that's why so many go to Mdone clinics. Mine has been around forever and is strict, will only allow mg up to 100 normally, sometimes up to 115-120 (in VERY rare cases.) Then the other side is the hoops they make you jump through. But some can get funding and help considering pay for their cost of coming to treatment. It is a good thing, and it is a bad thing. Start small, never go over 50-60mg ime. The taper is much easier. I'm ranting.Currently on a low dose mdone taper (18mg) I also take 2-3 2mg Xan throughout the day so I am in no way preaching. Though I do not take Benz longer than 10D for me. And give it a break. Benzo w/d is unreal. I thought Mdone sucked! Just taper the Xan slowly and hopefully with a Dr's advice. If you have any questions lmk.

Last edited: