• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

do new yorkers run their words together?

deewallace

Bluelighter
Like when they say howyafeelin without stopping or enunciating?, does Scorsese talk to fast? I can understand them but do they enunciate like southerners do?

Im an educated 34yo male from upstate central New York. Ive lived in Fl for the last 3 years. I havent taken on a Southern twang and I do enjoy where I live.
My opionion is that a person who runs their words together is working class. Brooklyn and most likely white.

I hope ive answered your question the best I could. Your wording was excellant.

Ok awesome. If your hard of hearing is it easier to understand a fast talker or slow talker?

Like when they say howyafeelin without stopping or enunciating?, does Scorsese talk to fast? I can understand them but do they enunciate like southerners do?

That's how I talk. I grew up in NYC and most people I know talk like that. fugetaboutit lol

Rochester NY here and I'm guilty of running my words together. It's like a secret language. How you announce what you emphasize.

We talk funny in western NY. When me and my bros or my family are talking other people can't understand it. It sounds like mumbling, then about 3 seconds after the sentence you know what they said (you also knew they were gonna say that.

"Oh gladyouasssked I'm good"

Translate to I'm not explaining nothing cuz I said "I'm good" not "I am well..." hold your breath and get the message it's riding along on the "s"

It's like Midwest meets new York city accent...all depending on your ethnicity. Meets all the types who fled NYC a hundred years ago.