• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Careers Do looks matter in acting?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
So I'm a 22yr old black guy who is 5ft 5in. I wouldn't say I'm the best looking and have very dark skin. Before the lockdown in February I signed up for an audition agency here in Ireland. My female friend who is 21, white, 5ft 6in and blond hair/blue eyed, and quite attractive applied the same day as me for the agency.

Our results however have been very different. So far, I have received no calls for a role while she has received 3. 1 in May and 2 this month.

I'm wondering if success in acting has to do with appearance?

depends. If they lookin for someone to play the part of an unattractive black man then u would prob have the edge over her.

Not that much but don't be him

67438f2c0d8a91f00c9d553a6c1fd96665eb3e46_00.jpg

No, because if you really think you are that ugly than you can just play an ugly person. You just won't be playing price charming is all.

They certainly help as there are more parts for good looking people than bad in movies imo. Just keep trying.

And definitely easier for a 21 year old hottie to get some part than a guy x10000. Girls always have the advantage if they use their looks right.

67438f2c0d8a91f00c9d553a6c1fd96665eb3e46_00.jpg

LOL
he only got 1 part in a couple movies golum is gone mfs! hahahaha

nah, they role-cast and they pic who they want, right?
theys a lot of great actors that are "ugly" that have left memorious legacies.
cannot think of any off the top of my head... it is bald so shouldn't be that hard just aint feelin it ya know?
lemme take a couple puffs, eat some diaz and have a little more java; maybe something will come to mind..........................................

So I'm a 22yr old black guy who is 5ft 5in. I wouldn't say I'm the best looking and have very dark skin. Before the lockdown in February I signed up for an audition agency here in Ireland. My female friend who is 21, white, 5ft 6in and blond hair/blue eyed, and quite attractive applied the same day as me for the agency.

Our results however have been very different. So far, I have received no calls for a role while she has received 3. 1 in May and 2 this month.

I'm wondering if success in acting has to do with appearance?

You're the easily the prettiest, whitest and most female looking of any black guy i think I've ever met