• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Do I have way too high standards for a relationship?

H

HeyGuy

I speak, read, and write multiple languages.

Basically if a woman does not speak at least Spanish as well as English, I'm not interested in dating her...but where I live most people only speak English. I also want women who I date or have relationships with to be educated, like have more than a highschool degree or associates' degree, and have a career or job. Is it bad that I have high standards like this for dating or a relationship?

Mods please move this to the relationships forum.

I think it depends on what you want out of a relationship. Why is someone being bilingual and having an education important to you? I don't think it's necessarily a positive or negative thing to have such standards, but sometimes it's easy to overlook other good qualities in someone when you concern yourself with what you deem essential criteria. It sounds like you want someone who is your intellectual equal, which is understandable, but I wonder how much value you place in other aspects of one's personality. I think you have to ask yourself how realistic the standards you have are, and if having them is allowing you to get your needs met.

Im not sure if those are "high standards" but they seem like completely pointless standards to me. Yeah I know everyone has his own way of thinking but...Spanish? Why would you care about this.

No it's not a bad thing. We all have our preferences.

For myself I don't date or have relationships with people who smoke, who are addicted to drugs, or who don't exercise regularly at all.

It's a bit different but if that's what you want then that's fine.
I personally wouldn't find knowing additional languages to be a big deal... other types of intelligence, yes. That others may not find that important.
It's okay to want certain things in a partner.