• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do I have Salvia Divinorum Growing in my nackyard?

JadedTabs

Bluelighter
So I found out that there is Salvia planted in my backyard, not 100% sure if it is Salvia Divnorum but would definietely like to know because WInter has already started and that is the normal time for the Salvia plant to die. Are there any specific characteristics I should look for to compare it to Salvia Divinorum? It was planted this year.

Okay, because I know its Salvia but really the only difference I see between mine and Divinorum is the edges on the leaves

There are a lot of plants in the family of Salvia, it's unlikely that you are growing s. divinorum due to its rather tricky growing conditions and its rather limited distribution.

The obvious test would be to chew some of the leaves for psychoactive effect, or - even better - go consult the botanical journals. Or chemically analyse the leaf for presence of salvinorin, which should be easily done with GCMS.

How many leaves would you reccomend? I smoked it but I mainly got foil. So I will try chewing

salvia divinorum smells and tastes nothing like the sage you use in the kitchen.... maybe you could post a picture? I believe that s. divinorum also looks rather distinct.

I don't know why but this kills me, I just died laughing when I read this

No way

S Divinorum only grows natively in cloud forests in Oaxaca, in Mexico. And it spreads by falling over and growing again, not really by seeds that travel.. So unless you somehow live there, no, it is any of the multitude of other quite common salvia / sage species.

I don't really get why plants would have been planted in your backyard without you knowing or knowing which ones, but you do know when?? If you really have a cultigen growing there, like I suggested it must have been planted very intentionally - which again raises the question: by whom (previous owner?) and why can't you ask?

What is correct is frost to the rootsystem will ruin a Salvia Div plant pretty quickly... I've been growing them indoor and outdoor for a couple of years.

answered, /thread ? :)

Last edited:
Its a flower man not drugs lol. There are tons of salvia family flowers I got many kinds in my backyard too.

There are about 1000 different salvia - loads are grown in gardens - divinorum is till recently one of the rarest and grows in one place only - unless you have an ethnobotanist squatting in your garden shed the answers no.