Do I have brain damage?

mcmz12

Greenlighter
The way I got my hppd and dp/dr was sudden panic attack sharp pain in head then vision changed two days after taking molly I have problems with concentration and focus I really can't focus with my eyes when I look at the sky and see a plane I can't focus on it while it moves when I saw two people on americas got talent dancing hand in hand I couldn't focus on the overall performance when I went to the airport to drop off my dads mom there was a lot of people and to see everyone I have too look left right left right one could only focus on person at a time couldn't just see everyone like a normal person does some guy rode his bike by me I tried to watch him with my eyes and I couldn't follow had to keep moving my eyes to see him when I look left or right it's like I don't process visual information fast enough like it's a slide show or some shit just not natural this all brain damage? When I drive and see the car in front of me it's like i see it but I can't focus on it when a kid was dancing by himself on americas got talent I can either see his upper body or lower body I couldn't focus on just him dancing what is this

There ARE a lot of these threads, aren't there?
Well, first, stop driving!

Panic attacks are traumatic events. At least your brain believes so. Same as going to war and fiery auto crashes. Your brain doesn't know the difference.

Do you think, that if you'd just been the sole survivor of a nasty plane crash, that you would feel OK the next day? Or do you think that anxiety would persist for possibly years afterward?

You didn't damage your brain, you had a panic attack that seared a little spot in your brain (not literally) and it's going to take a while to get back to "normal". The best thing to do right now is avoid most drugs, get a lot of exercise, sleep, good food, all that. Distract if that's what it takes. If you still can't relax, it's time for a therapist, but beware a regular benzo script.

I'd like you to focus, next time you have this sense of dismay, what advice you'd give to the plane crash survivor. Then take it.

In time, you'll be back to "normal". No, of course you'll never feel exactly the same again, you just experienced a traumatic event!

Welcome to the club, bud.

Panic attacks are made much worse by overthinking. It sounds like you are allowing your thoughts to stoke the fear already present. Do the opposite. Develop mantras that you can reassure yourself with. (For instance, "My brain is readjusting and there is nothing to fear.") Talk to yourself as a mother would talk to a frightened child. In other words, be reassuring, encouraging and positive. <3