• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do I have an odd adderall tolerance for a beginner?

PotatoLife

Greenlighter
Hello! New to actually having an account, long time lurker for advice.

So I have done addy 4 times now, and it just seems odd.

First time:
With best friend who is heavy into recreational drugs. Took Two 20mg XR to Start, felt nothing an hour later, Took one more 20xr, and snorted one 20xr
At the time I didn't know what a beginners dosage was, so I just trusted my buddy.
Crazy Day. Super Productive. Not tweaking, but super driven and constantly had to be doing something.
Managed to Move my entire one bedroom apartment I share with the girlfriend, to our new one about 20 minutes away using just my sub size truck. I have no clue how many trips we did, but we were rolling hard from ~10 am - I came down around Midnight. No bad side effects. Life was awesome.

Second: Had two 20mg XR addys left over, so took them about 3 months later. Minimal effects. Some increased focus, nothing too intense though. Got a lot of work done. No Side Effects

Third (yesterday): About two months later I got a recieved some generic addy 20mg ir / 15mg xr. Took Two 20 Ir's and one 15 xr at 9:20 am, followed by another 20 Ir two hours later. I experienced maybe a bit more than the second experience. Time went very fast. A lot of work done again. Was completely done feeling anything of the addy by 7pm at the latest

4th (today): Took Six 15mg xr totaling 90mg in an hours time. Lets call it from 8:30-9:30 am. 10:30am Now and I may feel a little focus, or it could just be placebo. I know typically it isn't always the best idea to take addy as a non medical patient two days in a row (or at least iv heard). Will update if/when escalation happens.

*update at 11:30* Same very minor effect as at 10:30

I keep being told I have an "odd" tolerance, and just wanted some second opinions and see what y'all had to say!

Thank you :D I hope you have a fantastic day if you're reading this!

Last edited:
It sounds like u have a naturally high tolerance all tho u may have bin feeling what others expect from addy and u just thought it wasn't strong enough it's not super euphoric like opiates everything u described sound about what others would feel if they where taking addys u probably got the effects most go for and just didn't realize it or thought it was weak and expected
More

It sounds like u have a naturally high tolerance all tho u may have bin feeling what others expect from addy and u just thought it wasn't strong enough it's not super euphoric like opiates everything u described sound about what others would feel if they where taking addys u probably got the effects most go for and just didn't realize it or thought it was weak and expected
More

I'v never done opiates recreationally, just for some surgeries I'v had. But taking today was a bit of a waste I guess. That's okay though :D I just don't seem like what I'm getting out of it is normal comparable to the people who tell me all about their 20mg wired in times.

Thank you!

I don't believe so. My mother has asked if I do, but I haven't had many problems focusing or any of the symptoms.

I don't know. maybe compared to some you do. my first/only time doing adderall I took 120mg XR and didn't feel much -- a touch speedy, more like I'd had a lot of caffeine than like I was high on an amphetamine though. I do have rather severe ADD however. vyvanse was more effective in terms of ADD treatment and recreation though, 100mg being therapeutic and 300mg giving a decent buzz.

I'v never done opiates recreationally, just for some surgeries I'v had. But taking today was a bit of a waste I guess. That's okay though :D I just don't seem like what I'm getting out of it is normal comparable to the people who tell me all about their 20mg wired in times.

Thank you!

just out of curiosity for what types of surgery is adderall required and what is it used for?