• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do Fly agaric reallly work?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
They are popping up all over the place atm here in the UK & yesterday there was a piece in the local newspaper about the council "killing them" with their lawnmowers to "stop children & dogs eating them" which I had to laugh at, those bloody dogs are always after a cheap high it seems to me.

Anyway I've heard so many tales before online that they work & work quite well & on the other hand I've heard they make you really ill with stomach pain, puking, horrific diarrhea (which I'm not that eager to experience if true)

Do they work?
If so how do you go about making them ok to eat / drink etc?

Those "destroying angel" mushrooms ring a bell somewhere in my memory for some reason.
The name kinda gives it away I feel & I got the feeling a belly full of those isn't a good idea.

Yeah it aint. Its hard as fuck on kidneys or liver too.

When you get to finally use it remember to listen to some burzum or similar music ;)

I understand the potential HR value in this, but could we in the future refrain from using this the "what if maybe, one day I try this" as a main point in the HR threads? Thanks!

Fly argaric do work MAKE SURE you get a mushroom identity book as the beechwood sickeners and some others look similar but don't have a ring round the stalk ALLWAYS get professional knowledge by an experienced forager or at least a Collins gem mushroom indemnity book to double check otherwise you could have serious to fatal problems

Yes it works.

Ive tried it twice. You need to dry the mushrooms in an oven at low temperature (door cracked open). Then chop up the dried mushrooms into little pieces or put in a blender, then simmer with water on low heat for about an hour. With the heating you are trying promote further decarboxylation of ibotenic acid to muscimol, as ibotenic acid is quite toxic (decarboxylation has already begun in the drying process, but you want to make sure). I then strained and drank the solution. I believe I used 8g the first time and 14g the second time (dried weight).

Its sort of feel likes taking 80mg of ambien and trying to stay awake through, but more stimulating.

It is sort of like a series of intense waking dreams, with alot of god-related themes (especially at the high dosage). I'd recommend having someone with you as seziures can occur in susceptible individuals.

Fly argaric do work MAKE SURE you get a mushroom identity book as the beechwood sickeners and some others look similar but don't have a ring round the stalk ALLWAYS get professional knowledge by an experienced forager or at least a Collins gem mushroom indemnity book to double check otherwise you could have serious to fatal problems

Lulz I'm the guy who didn't ask this but said hey LSA containing Morning Glory seeds might seem sickening but worth it and I tried more than once & the similarity to LSD is not to be made with less than shaman dose LSA seeds preferably HBWR [अधोगुडा ] {विधारा} and ingested but don't expect a nice and clean and perhaps very insightful or nerve-racking or WOW THIS IS SUPER or heaven forbid a waking nightmare (did you really know your source if it was a bad trip and how were set & setting checkin out?).

Of course I browsed their vault on Erowid back in the day but they never clicked for my research experiments so I didn't think of actually finding any.

Ok so you are saying take pics and upload them to a site where experienced mycologist might dwell for advice? Who that knows the mushroom hunter offline needs not ask these things?

Yes it works.

Ive tried it twice. You need to dry the mushrooms in an oven at low temperature (door cracked open). Then chop up the dried mushrooms into little pieces or put in a blender, then simmer with water on low heat for about an hour. With the heating you are trying promote further decarboxylation of ibotenic acid to muscimol, as ibotenic acid is quite toxic (decarboxylation has already begun in the drying process, but you want to make sure). I then strained and drank the solution. I believe I used 8g the first time and 14g the second time (dried weight).

Its sort of feel likes taking 80mg of ambien and trying to stay awake through, but more stimulating.

It is sort of like a series of intense waking dreams, with alot of god-related themes (especially at the high dosage). I'd recommend having someone with you as seziures can occur in susceptible individuals.

WTF?

Yes your analogy while at first had me saying no not that much Ambien, Amanita is not a benign specimen. Waking dream intensity meter engaged.

Noo... maybe exaggarating but please dont eat them unprepared. Even the old day shamans used to boil them.

So if you don't cook the mushrooms to the certain temperature, or fully dry them, then the ibotenic acid will not convert to muscimol. Ibotenic acid is minorly toxic, basically it will make you feel like shit, it won;t kill you. However, I have read conflicting reoports, Many say that to fully experience the deep trip, you have to eat them with ibotenic acid, it will have a physical price to pay but will have the full deoth of experience. I don't know for certainly the validity of that, so it's best to cook them or dry them... best to dry them in an oven on low. That way it's all muscimol which is not toxic and presumably reponsible for the effedts.

By buddy harvested a bunch of muscaria and fully dried them, and he says he's been smoking it sometimes. he says it's really finding it relaxing and dreamy, and he'll have really unusually vivid dreams when he goes to bed.

Sounds worth it...no I mean stick with psilocybin unless it's for science?

The thing about amanitas is they are a totally novel mechanism of action of an entheogenic drug... the effects are mediated by the GABA system. So they're just totally different from psilocybin mushrooms, a different kind of experience. Both worthwile. But psilocybes are certainly more generally accessible and requested.

Try to have somebody professional, mycologist (spelling?), help you identify before consumption. Mushrooms are no joke and if you get poisoned, by the time you realize something is wrong, usually you are past the point of helping. Last year, a mycologist (professor giving lesseons on fungi) was found dead at home with a kettle of mushroom tea on his table. So, even the professionals may get confused if they aren't careful or they get cocky; be careful.
Be careful about combining mushrooms with alcohol because some of them are fine if you consume without drinking alcohol but when combined they become fatally toxic. Also, some must be consumed after cooking or some other kind of preparation and if you don't do that, they are very toxic.

Yea as someone who hunts edible mushrooms fairly often, even known edibles can cause slight issues if they are eaten fresh or taken off of certain types of trees.

Always start small with a little piece and wait to see, unfortunately even that can’t prptect you from some mushrooms though.

Also destroying angels are in the Amanita genus but look a bit different from muscaria. A. Muscaria is of moderate difficulty to properly ID, they are easiest to ID when you have in front of you mushrooms in various stages of growth. The universal veil is an important feature to look for.

I haven’t tried them but I’ve picked them more times than I can count. My holy grail is some laughing gyms or potent wood lovers like Azures.

-GC