• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do different substances grow on you with repeated use?

Havocsfool

Bluelighter
I've done a lot of oxy in the past year and used to love it, but lately Poppy seed tea has been rocking my world. I use to find it somewhat dull, but not anymore. Seems like something switched on in my brain where Im getting more from the tea then I do from 60mg oxy. It's so strange, and wonderful because it costs me a1/4 the price to get high. I also remember the first time I used hydrocodone I was not impressed at all and didn't touch it again for a couple years and when I did touch it, it was Wow!! Hydro has since been used up, but those were the golden days. Actually feeling like I used to back then on pst and dxm, Have y'all noticed anything like this, where your brain changes and you all of a sudden like or dislike a substance?

Possible because oxy is made from one alkaloid? I think thebaine..and poppy pods/seeds contain several different alkaloids, morphine, codeine, thebaine, etc. this is just my guess.
Along with the fact that if you've just been mostly doing weaker poppy seed tea, your tolerance would lower from what it was when you were doing more oxycodone. And a lower tolerance would cause you to have more effect from weaker opiates//opioids.
This is just my guess, hopefully someone Who has a better idea will reply.

For me personally, i find they become less blurred by representation(romanticisazation or demonization), placaebo and anticipation to give a clearer sensoral "image" of their actual effects.
This is not to say they grow on me but rather, it becomes apparent to whether or not i actually enjoy the substance for what it is.
I realized a while back(and this is just my personal opinion) i shouldnt be deterred from a substance because of a bad first experience just the same as i shouldnt fully back any substance because of an amazing first experience.

Something to note though is opiates/opioids do come with baggage upon repeated use.....i.e. Physical dependency

Your neurochemistry is constantly changing, especially if you're under the age of 27. Drug use makes it change even more. You can react differently to a drug than you did 2 years ago. Usually it isn't this significant, but it can be. Since you've used a lot of oxycodone, your brain has become more used to it so it won't feel as good. Usually this would apply to the entire class of drugs, but not always.

OP, I know exactly what you mean! How is the PST? I've been hearing more and more about it...Is it really that good? or is it just something new/ fascinating? I am really into how hydros and oxys make me feel (the euphoric, relaxed yet able to harness an energized feeling) but the price point sucks. Does PST relate to that feeling from dones, or is it more like sedating/morphine-ish?.