• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do Celebreties and Actors Kill More than regular people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmccarthy5

Ex-Bluelighter
If you were to take 500 actors/actresses...etc or maybe even more, and put them up against the same amount of civilians, I had to use that word b/c it just fit, sorry military type, who would be more likely to kill? Are you more likely to kill if you're a celebrity?

More likely to kill because you're famous.. ? Have you got any evidence to back up this theory? I don't see why fame would cause someone to want to take another life? :\

This is a question I've oft pondered in the wee hours of the night. It's really a one for the ages - Like nature vs. nurture or free will vs. determinism. From the studies I've read (and there are several) it usually varies based on the sample size, and there's some contradictory data as well.

Consider Welsh 2008 who conducted a famous anthropological sample titled, "Celebrities: Society's Unlikely Killers" In it, he used several sampling methods and was supposed to be the final word on this. Of course, we all know in 2011 a review of his work was done, and found that his double-blind studies weren't double-blind at all!

Celebrities are obviously going to have better access to machine guns and various artillery, so that's something to take into consideration right there. Ugh.. It's late and I don't feel like cracking the safe on this one tonight. Let me write down some rough notes and I might come back to this tomorrow.

Well just think there aren't all that many celebrities yet we have, robert blake, oj simpson, and the natalie wood case, and so many others, now think out of sampling the 500 ppl uve met in real life compared to the 500 celebreties at random. The Celebreties win!

Status
Not open for further replies.