• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Do any over-the-counter sleep aids cause false positives for alcohol urine screen

Gearhead19

Bluelighter
Do any cold and flu night time pills cause false positives for alcohol on a urine screen??? This is important?

Yes this is very possible some cold medicines contain alcohol in them I’m pretty sure NyQuil is 10% alcohol.

No. Even one's that have alcohol in have so little that it would be out of your body within an hour. One unit of alcohol is removed by your body per hour and you'd be having WAYY less than 1 unit. So no, it's not possible.
Also, urine screens don't test for alcohol. They use breathalyzers for that. Alcohol is not an illicit drug.

Yes this is very possible some cold medicines contain alcohol in them I’m pretty sure NyQuil is 10% alcohol.
This dude beat me to it ^ alot of them have 5-15% alcohol in em to boost effectiveness aswell as to preserve em

Regardless... unless youre drinking cases of them to sleep youd metabolize it all by the time you wake up if not within an hr or two

These people are wrong. EtG tests are very sensitive and even a large dose of NyQuil could cause a fail within 24 hours