• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do all drugs have a yin-yang or cascade effect?

Cinz

Greenlighter
I'm wondering if all drugs have a yin-yang effect, like theres no high without a comedown etc. Also when combining drugs, aka polypharmacy, does it actually make things worse in the long run? Like for example, using potentiators for drugs like heroin or amps- It will make the high better, but won't it be more toxic to dopaminergic neurons in the brain?

Also is there ever going to be a drug that reduces opiate tolerance without causing some sort of cognitive impairment or hidden bad side effect? or one for amps?

I know about memantine and such, but I feel like taking drugs to counteract side effects or ease comedowns only makes it worse? Would you say it is better to just experience withdrawals from say H cold turkey? I've done it before, it was bad, but once it was over I felt like it was worth the time of use compared to the time of withdrawals. Then again, time seems to slow down when you are in withdrawal, and time flies when you are high?

I quit H a year and half ago but started using again, and Im using IV. Is there anything that can actually reverse tolerance other than time and allowing your body to heal?
We all know the biggest bitch about drugs is tolerance. Imagine if every time you did the drug, you feel the EXACT same level of euphoria. That would be much safer too for people. It would be much better for everyone.

Most drugs will have some sort of yin yang effect at some level, i.e. borrowing happiness from tomorrow to feel good today. A lot of this is dose dependant and frequency of dose dependant however. There is not a best way to withdraw, there are pros and cons to all of them. The one way of withdrawing that seems the most painless, but with some risk is through a psychedelic experience. I guess this isn't very scientific but the right trip can change your mind's perspective in such a way that you no longer crave your drug kf choice or even care about withdrawals from it.

If it's about one-time use, or at least only a few times, not all drugs have a "yin-yang effect". Mostly uppers do. Opioids and bensodiazepines have no comedown or dysphoria afterwards. You ought to know this, since you've used H quite alot.

They say that Diethyl Ether can be used infinitely without a tolerance developing and no ill-effects besides the compulsive desire to use more Ether.

^ woah, for real Keif, Ether? but yeah, you gotta pay the piper in the end.
sticking to our anesthetics - i'd say that nitrous oxide is pretty close to having no comedowS but if you abuse it extremely heavily you can get some pretty nasty neurological questions. and perhaps DMT, they're both so fast and dissipate just as quickly - no commitment, aside possibly for psychosis...