Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT/Urgent Advice

Mescaline3141592

Greenlighter
DMT/Urgent Advice + Cross Tolerance

Hey everyone, this is a new account created despite being a lurker about here for a while. Apologies if this post is in the wrong place, it most likely is. I specificied this as urgent as helpful advice as soon as possible would be much appreciated, not necessarily due to any immediate impending dangers. Anyway, today I've ingested 140mg of 70ish purity amphetamine sulphate paste (tested with reagent, purity not tested as I have no means of doing so but I am very familiar with the stuff and I can only guess the 70ish purity stated is about right), I have a decent tolerance to amps in general due to regular usage for studying etc, I also have ingested 0.5 mg of alprazolam which I have a small tolerance for, these were both orally ingested within the past couple of hours, now I'm wondering for the sake of harm reduction it is SAFE to go ahead and smoke 100-110mg of N,N-DMT? I am only interested in the SAFETY aspect of this, meaning I won't have any dangerous adverse reactions to it (I have no pre-existing heart or medical conditions), no offence intended but I'm not particularly interested in shamanish advice saying I'm degrading the experience and disrespecting the compound with this combination despite how true such statements are. This may seem like a high dosage, but the last time I took DMT was a year ago and most likely due to my lack of good technique at vapourising using a traditional meth pipe I required this amount (no doubt wasting a few precious mg) in order to achieve what I deemed that true ethereal breakthrough. So, can I safely continue with this combo? Furthermore, as for the component of mental risks at hand, with predictions that it could be too stimulating/awful trip, I wholly accept these consequences and I am armed with benzos and anti-psychotics, like a sword and shield. So I'm asking the same sort of question like someone who asks: is mixing benzos/alchohol/opiates safe? 'Hell no', that's what I'm looking for! I just want to blast off into my hyper realm with Beethoven! Also I took 2500mg of pure synthetic Mescaline HCL exactly two weeks ago in one oral dose. Best trip I've ever had, nothing has came close and ever will. I could literally feel my ego and soul tearing apart from my flesh with the sympthonies of Beethoven playing, then felt all these pieces of me, I can't explain, my memories of sorrow and bliss, moments of passion, all connected so delicately like strings. Then it was just... like ...I was standing before a sea, oscillating between calms and thrashes, and I just let go, embraced all that momentum at once, feeling that great tide coming closer and sweeping me offshore. The strings inside then began to weave together harmoniously with the music, these translucent all connected strings coursed through my veins all at once like the fluttering wings of angels! The chorus of Beethovens 9th anyone?! Apologies for rambling, it just feels cartharic to write it out in a place people will appreciate as I still don't know what to make of it myself. Anyway can mescaline cause cross-tolerance with amphetamines, DMT etc? Thanks a lot in advance for any replies! Greatly appreciated. . ***Update *** (5 hours later) I proceeded with DMT and despite experiencing what I deemed a 'breakthrough' it was underwhelming in comparison with an elephantine dose of mescaline experienced recently. Arguably not so in terms of the visuals, hallucinations, the obvious external effects but in terms of meaning and spiritual substance derived the experience, there is no competition even taking into consideration the short acting nature of a DMT trip. On mescaline, I felt myself at the hands of a greater power, perhaps it was just a glimpse of a path that stretched out far and above my narrow confines, but I believe for certain that a divine light was at the end of that path, regardless of its interpretable form (a path, a diety, a force of nature etc) that feeling, that suspension of the spirit, the soul, or whatever 'whole' it is that comes together as a sum of the parts, the parts that which make us all human, too human. Then for a very rare moment, the pure essence bottled up deep inside us, what I imagine consists of the most honest of 'heart's and intellect fuelled by the most raging of curiosities, is then unleashed and free to seek those slivers of truth that it can handle. They are unshakled at last by our natural operating modes that are so well fined-tuned, ensuring such stability, cohension, logic and survival. You just need to take a few steps back, alone and perhaps afraid, but let these all too human cares be blown away and fall away like autumnal leaves. Listen and begin to hear the calling, the water in motion. Look out and see the approaching great wave, embrace it, and it will draw closer and closer, immense with its sheer power, a true force of nature it is, it is a creator that reaps what it first destroys. You'll feel the chains tightly wrapped around you will fall with a resounding clang when the wave of the elements hits. It will thrash down and splay its white bubbling froth to and fro along the cliffside, just as the spitit will break out from inside, it will surge out wildly like bees foraging for pollen. Then with all too human capacity, they return and present themselves like a dim ray of light pouring through a miniscule hole upon a huge canvas. Yet how much this empowers us, just the mere taste of this infinity and even with a morsel we can then open our eyes again and see what's before us with childlike curiosity and wonder. There is such an immense awe to be felt when you tune in to that near forgotten frequency and embrace the sweet melody that is natures harmony. So let us assemble and play a song with such things as memories, imagination, loves, desires, joys, ambitions, sorrows, vices and virtues, and dreams, all are the notes that when played together compose a very human composition, but there is a screech or two and we are slightly off tune, the whole piece collapses in itself at times, wholly too complex it can be, made for the pride at stake, not for the hearts sake. Dismayed we all are but some luckily not for long as we hear a far off tune, with air living in its spirit, waves are dancing and vales are fresh and lustfully bright. With open arms some flee towards and welcome natures harmony, the tunes with such feigned simplicity, are found to be beyond marvellous, baffling to say the least. The only way to make sense out of the harmony is plunge deep into it, move with it, and then dance with it. I think 2500mg of pure Mescaline HCL can be succinctly described by the English poet, William Blake in his poem the 'Auguries of Innocence' as "To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour."

Last edited:
just because your dose wasn't strong enough with a totally different batch a year ago...has zero bearing on the DMT you will be doing today (unless it is the exact same material you've saved since then)

I would treat the material as if it is pure and you are a normal person and take a normal dose. Not use the fact that some dmt you tried a year ago wasn't that strong to justify taking an overdose this time around

What LucidSDreamr said. I've never seen anyone not able to breakthrough on 50mg with a decent technique. 100+ is waaayyyy more than necessary, I've never even gone that high in hundreds of uses. If you do it correctly you can breakthrough off as little as 20-30mg.

That being said, I've done DMT on Vyvanse before. Not quite near that much, but there aren't any contraindications to be aware of so far as I know. It's safe to my knowledge.

P.S. beautiful description of your mescaline trip

I did proceed with my DMT (~95mg) and I was able to breakthrough but without going into an overly verbose description, it felt a bit flat and underwhelming, I know this will be extremely surprising to some people who will state immediately and with vehemence that I failed to vapourise/dose enough etc to breakthrough, but no, I am confident I did 4ish hours ago and these things are subjective anyhow. The main reason for the dissatisfaction is that I've did it a couple of times before last year (lack of novelty) and the the main reason to be honest, is it paled massively in comparison to that of the 2500mg Mescaline HCL trip two weeks ago, I worry very much indeed that I'll never be able to top that again. While I still retain clarity over all the details of the mescaline trip, can someone please point me in the direction where I can post a trip report, I would quite like to share it. P.S It was a new batch (untested purity however... reputable vendor nevertheless) and it was stronger than my previous breakthrough but I don't know, in comparison with an elphantine dose of pure mescaline... I feel unsatisfied

Last edited:
A suggestion

P.S. beautiful description of your mescaline trip

Agreed. I really did like reading that. I just have a somewhat off-topic comment: as good as your explanation was, if you split it up a bit into paragraphs, it's a whole lot easier to read. Especially when you put your actual question at the top, so we can quickly figure out exactly what you're trying to ask, then read your background info. Anyway, just a friendly suggestion.

Sorry to hear your DMT trip was underwhelming. DMT's one of my favorite tools that I end up needing every now and then in my life. I'm wondering if maybe you might have been trying to "compare" your previous mescaline trip with the DMT one, and went into it with the expectations of your previous trip. I'm sure you know how important set and setting are for psychedelics. Again, just an idea. I like to look at all of the psychedelics as kind of "tools"--each fulfill their own purpose, and as such, each one is good in its own way.

Also trip reports go in the Trip Reports forum, if I'm not mistaken. Best of luck in your future psychonautic adventures! ;)