• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT spirituality; in what ways has DMT influenced your spirituality?

The Hebrew Hammer

Bluelighter
Firstly I want to point out that I am using the word spirituality really to convey all that encompases each individual as a being in existence, sorry, it was the closest word I could think of to describe this, and I trust that most of you fellow psychedelic explorers know what I mean, or can atleast understand where I am trying to go with this.

I know there are several peoples experience reports that I could search for and go through, but I feel a open discussion is appropriate, and if its been done before I appologize, I did a quick search and couldnt find anything.

Im basically wanting to know the specific spiritual intricacies that have been touched by, or are related with DMT in individuals minds. I dont care if you have consumed DMT once, or countless times, or never at all. I dont care if your DMT use has provided positive or negative spiritual realizations. I want to know any part of your life and how it is connected with DMT in any kind of spiritual belief, discovery, motivation, or thought process.

Being as I have just had yet another amazing experience, I figured what better time than to provide my contribution to the discussion.

I have come to the realization, through DMT, that we are in existence as a way to experience love through experience, as a sort of sustainable mechanism of generating more love.

By love, I am not talking about the typical definitions of love, but at the same time this love that im refering to generating encompases all of the commonly thought of definitions of love, as well as all of the opposites of those definitions, and many other phenomenon as well.

Essentially, the energy that is what makes up every concept imaginable and any concept unimaginable, what the entirety of existence is made up of, is what I am refering to as love.

The whole purpose of existence is to continually generate more and more of this love, ever expanding into the caverns of space and time. Consuming this love is also producing this love, in a never ending dynamic of existence.

Essentially, the point of existence is to enjoy it.

This is a belief and understanding that I have gained recently through my use of the spice. Since having this realization I have had a total 180 degree turn in my outlook on life.

Before the spice I sort of dreaded being alive and the extreme amount of effort that was required to sustain not even an enjoyable life, but a life in general, seemed overpowering to the point that I was not suicidal, but sort of praying for an untimely death to come and relieve me of my suffering. So I could finally stop my suffering.

After the spice, I can now see that this effort requirement is merely another form of the love, and now I truly love every moment of existence, even when its going pretty tough and isnt very joyous.

How has the spice effected your spirituality, or anything that is effected by your spirituality?

Last edited:
Essentially, the point of existence is to enjoy it.

you've got it man. :D

i came to a similar realization (this shit's too profound to be expressed in written word) after doing LSD several times.

i haven't done DMT enough times to fully appreciate it. the first time i smoked .05g and i was so far gone i couldn't even begin to access my experience in terms of how to apply it to my life. i just couldn't believe what i just experienced.

after that incident, i only had a remaining .05g which i smoked on 2 seperate occasions, thus the trip was weaker.

dmt is such a wonderful substance. i believe it can benefit all of mankind.

It still amaze's me at the massive effect this molecule has had on changing not only my own life, but many others! :)

After my first DMT breakthrough.. everything changed. I was welcomed with a very powerful sense of spirituality, love and bliss flowing through my body and out towards the infinity of time and space. This experience took months and months of intensive integration on my behalf. I was sent onto the path of meditation.. and soon began practicing Kundalini Yoga.

I have dedicated the past 11 months on practicing gratitude, humility, unconditional love for all and general awareness of the moment.

I feel as though i was already working myself towards this state of mind as i had used LSD a lot in the years before, DMT simply acted as that catalyst.. the rest was up-to me to integrate into my everyday awareness.

<3

Last edited:
It still amaze's me at the massive effect this molecule has had on changing not only my own life, but many others! :)

After my first DMT breakthrough.. everything changed. I was welcomed with a very powerful sense of spirituality, love and bliss flowing through my body and out towards the infinity of time and space. This experience took months and months of intensive integration on my behalf. I was sent onto the path of meditation.. and soon began practicing Kundalini Yoga.

I have dedicated the past 11 months on practicing gratitude, humility, unconditional love for all and general awareness of the moment.

I feel as though i was already working myself towards this state of mind as i had used LSD a lot in the years before, DMT simply acted as that catalyst.. the rest was up-to me to integrate into my everyday awareness.

<3

Wow! I pretty much had similar experiences.

LSD seemed to really unlock my spiritual nature. It showed me many things about myself and reality that i would possibly have never know without it. LSD pushed me to explore more which led to my working with dmt.

DMT is a totally different spirit. Smoking it was hard for me due to asthma. I couldn't get where i wanted to go. So i went for a pharmahausca experience, which im still integrating to this day. It was the most profound spiritual experience of my life. It pretty much taught me how to meditate that night. I started to loose sense of where my body stopped and space begun. It left me with a total realization that we are spirit.

I been taking a intergral yoga meditation class for over a month now and meditate daily. Without lsd and dmt i dont think id be where or who i am today.

DMT is a totally different spirit. Smoking it was hard for me due to asthma. I couldn't get where i wanted to go. So i went for a pharmahausca experience, which im still integrating to this day. It was the most profound spiritual experience of my life. It pretty much taught me how to meditate that night.

Heh, it's not a coincidence that many psychedelic seekers seem to end up on this same path. For me it was (only a few months ago) 2c-i that taught me (at once) how to practice mindfulness and mindful meditation. I was changed in one day. Since then I've been meditating and practicing the Buddha's teaching. I am learning continuously and the old confusion and dissatisfaction with life is fading, fading, fading.

Before the spice I sort of dreaded being alive and the extreme amount of effort that was required to sustain not even an enjoyable life, but a life in general, seemed overpowering to the point that I was not suicidal, but sort of praying for an untimely death to come and relieve me of my suffering. So I could finally stop my suffering.

After the spice, I can now see that this effort requirement is merely another form of the love, and now I truly love every moment of existence, even when its going pretty tough and isnt very joyous.

This was my realization from psychedelics as well. All that stuff you hear about an expert mediator being naturally high all the time has more than a granule of truth in it. Psychedelics help show you what's already there if you pay attention. The universe/world/consciousness/existence is amazing beyond words. Live every moment like it was your last, not in your mind, but in your heart. And keep in mind that the last one is around the corner.

Can't wait to revisit DMT and achieve a full breakthrough. I must say that my experiences were not profound in the way mushrooms and other psychedelics have touched me, but I know my time with DMT is coming. :)

No drug has ever altered my spiritual views.

A few weeks ago I started exploring the notion of free will during an acid trip, which is weird because I'm normally a staunch determinist. As soon as I sobered up, my deterministic perspective returned, and I chalked those thoughts up to errors of intoxication.

DMT has opened a window within me to a far deeper appreciation of the spiritual views that I already held. In this respect it's been much more powerful than any other drug I've ever taken. I'd call that an influence on my spirituality. Completely awesomely mind-bogglingly amazing substance, that one is.

I feel as if DMT has accelerated my spiritual growth. Aside from one or two mushroom trips, all other psychedelic trips i've undergone felt very 'earth-bound' in their purpose, allowing me to deal with issues that were important to me at the time, thus helping me grow in 'daily life'. DMT however acted as some sort of direct uplink to 'the me that stands outside of time'. The main thing is that it allowed me to let love overcome my fears, very much like what you report.

I've long ceased my DMT usage, 'when you get the message, hang up the phone', but very likely I will return later in life. Mind you, I am still totally confused about life, the universe and everything else, but DMT armed me with a deep knowing that when shit turns real nasty, eventually all that exists is love, which is in all things and non-things alike :)

Even typing this up relaxes me, making me smile :)

I don't know if you have already seen it or not, but check out my thread if you like:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=506108

DMT changed my entire view of the Universe and my place in it.

...the climax of the experience (enlightenment) involves a full blown epiphany of the Oneness of the Universe: time ends, Eternity is effectively realized, and subsequently, death is experienced as a transition of being; not the end of our existence, eliminating any fear of dying. The person thus raptured experiences the death of his ego; his merely limited sense of self is totally dissolved, enabling him to comprehend for the first time the Ground of All Being; the Eternal Universe of which he understands that he is. All that was previously unconscious is revealed to consciousness: it is as if the entire mystery of life dissolves before ones eyes, leaving one to comprehensively feel and understand the predestined purpose and synchronistic order behind all things and events. The concept of God presents itself as a divine totality symbol of Oneness and paradoxically, reciprocity (Good/Evil etc). Life is seen to be an eternal search for love and understanding, despite all evil and unconsciousness that befalls us; it is all understood to be necessary for a purpose beyond our merely self-conscious awareness.The realization dawns upon consciousness that, "I am God." (This is precisely why Christ equated Himself with the Father, because He was acutely aware that He is the Father; He is God, of which we All are, which, by the way, was his principle teaching.)

"When you make the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer and the outer as the inner and the above as the below ... then shall you enter [the Kingdom].... I am the Light that is above them all, I am the All, the All came forth from Me and the All attained to Me. Cleave a [piece of] wood, I am there; lift up the stone and you will find Me there." Jesus

This experience presents itself as fundamentally absolute and psychically self-affirming; in fact, it is felt to be the most important experience of the subject’s life, often obliging them to lead a life devoted to the dissemination of their newfound knowledge. It is for this reason that, for millennia, we have depended upon these rare individuals who were granted this insight to help us understand that which we are incapable of understanding by ourselves. This is the very basis of religion: the inexperienced multitude follow by an act of faith a predisposed few whom are sanctioned as the arbiters of esoteric knowledge about our existence (God) by default of their divinely imparted wisdom. However, as previously mentioned, this dynamic puts us as adherents in a position of great vulnerability, hence the need for faith in regards to what we are made to believe about our existence by our divinely chosen representatives of the Truth.

http://www.wedietorememberwhatwelivetoforget.com/

We cannot delineate ourselves effectively from Eternity until we are so "tapped" on the shoulder by "Divine Providence"; our Selves.

We are creating our reality unconsciously; the entire purpose of our evolution is to become aware that we are the arbiters of our own fate and we are to do this by integrating our unconscious. "Man is evolution becoming conscious of itself."

As we become Self aware, it becomes absolutely crucial to our evolution as conscious beings that we take responsibility for All actions and unconsciousness, and in so doing, we realize the sanctity of every little thing for the consummation of the Whole.

We are part and parcel of an Eternal sequence of events that we have come to call - however abstractly and pointlessly - God.

This ineffable concept is summed up quite easily, however, by our religions.

"I am that I am"

"Thou art that"

These tautological statements ultimately lead us to the Golden Rule, which has permeated nearly every major religion.. "Do unto others..." Karma, etc.

Once we realize that we are part and parcel of the Whole, we effectively understand that we must change our actions away from being selfish into collective; this is our love for the world.

This is also, however, the "greatest weight" that Nietzsche spoke of.

Because each moment is a choice.

%)

I see spirituality as something pertaining that is outside the normal realms of the physical world. So, no DMT has only decreased any amount of spirituality that may have resided with in me. I've become more absorbed in the world and the body that experiences it all through. It has helped me dissolve some of the barriers in my brain and gave me a better understanding of the boundaries and limitless potential (contradictory I know, its hard to explain) that the brain has in the confines of the body.

my first few pshychedlic trips (on shrooms) were the really helpful trips in expanding my mind. since them ive tons of pshycs, lsd, mescaline, dmt/aya, some rcs, and they have never compared to that first eye opening consciousness expansion. i still take psyches (dmt being my fav) but they dont impact my spirituality at all, in fact in some ways the high state achieved by psychs is actually a bit of hindrance on my personal quest to enlightenment.

i do believe though that the world would be a much better, loving and peaceful place if everyone took one strong ayahuasca trip in their lifetime.

Cloudy, I think what you are thinking of as "spiritual" is more what the appropriate meaning of "mystical experience" is.

Think of spirituality for the sake of this conversation as having to do with how you relate to existence. Maybe spirituality is not the right word, but this is essentially what I am trying to discuss.

I think you have already explained how DMT has effected you in this world.

Thanks for sharing and pointing out that spirituality is probably not the right word.

I've done acid many times, and had both good and bad experiences. I've only done dmt once. I honestly saw the "light at the end of the tunnel" and a hand reaching out towards me. Just as I was about to reach the light, my boyfriend shook me out of it (I had passed out on the floor and he was worried I wasn't ok) but I just felt this overwhelming since of love and acceptance which stayed with me for like two months.

Hey, don't really know where to post; but here goes. Its has been 2-3 months since my first and only run-in with DMT. Recently, i have started to become interested in the "spirituality" surrounds the substance. I feel as though my soul has been opened up to ideas and constructs that it has never before. I think of the universe in a very different way now than a year ago. My question is, I want to do some reading/listening about the subject. Only I have no idea where to start. Can someone point me in the direction of s speaker or author who covers dmt and spirituality.
Cheers in advance

Hey, don't really know where to post; but here goes. Its has been 2-3 months since my first and only run-in with DMT. Recently, i have started to become interested in the "spirituality" surrounds the substance. I feel as though my soul has been opened up to ideas and constructs that it has never before. I think of the universe in a very different way now than a year ago. My question is, I want to do some reading/listening about the subject. Only I have no idea where to start. Can someone point me in the direction of s speaker or author who covers dmt and spirituality.
Cheers in advance

Well, you could search YouTube for "terence mckenna dmt". Loads of fun talks.

I read DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, but honestly it didn't give a whole lot of perspective on the spiritual aspect of DMT. It's rare that someone can articulate their spiritual insights very well, and I don't think any of Strassman's volunteers did a great job with that. However it was still an enjoyable read.

Honestly, if you REALLY want to know about the spiritual side of psychedelics, don't read about psychedelics. Read about Buddhism.

Last edited:
For me i havent had enough dmt experience for it to alter my perception or reality in a large way, probably because im not new to psychedelics.
But its deffinately changing me in ways i cant quite put into words yet, good ways at that!
But it's got a question stiring in me that baffles me, did anyone become interest in gold after dmt? Like literally blocks of gold and such.
I dont even like it for the money side, when i look at it after dmt its like weirldy interesting and almost feels spiritual.
Just wondering if anyone else had this strange insight type of thing?