View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT: Smoking .vs. IV

Padhome

Greenlighter
Is there someone who has experience with both methods of administration who could compare them for me?

Thank you to anyone who helps.

Is there someone who has experience with both methods of administration who could compare them for me?

Thank you to anyone who helps.

As a matter of fact i did 40mg IV last night and IME it takes more IV to go to legoland than smoking...partly due, i'm sure, to the fact that the fumarate salt is only 3/4 DMT and 1/4 fumaric acid.
What exactly do you want to know....?

Last edited:
(How) did the experience differ from that of times when smoking it?

Ok i've only IV'd a dozen or so times but have smoked it countless times and IME IV is slower and gentler than smoking...instead of a 30 second come up you get a minute or so and it is not as "in your face" as smoking can be. I can IV more mg than i can stand to smoke and it's definitely easier to get where you want to go...just load that shit up and push the plunger...That said, i prefer IM over the two ROA's you mentioned...much nicer and you have some time to "stop and smell the roses".
I know...not much help...i do better with specifics so if you have any more questions ask away.

Oh i IV in my ankle but doubt that vein position would affect anything though....?

Maybe the ankle could make the come up longer compared to injecting somewhere else...
Was it fumarate you used for IV/M?

yes, i extract it fairly often and turn 75-80% into the fumarate salt...smoking is my least favorite ROA, but i still smoke quite a bit just cause ....just cause i guess...idrk why... i like the pipe maybe?
have you done any DMT yet?

No, it's something I'm interested in doing in the near future.

well, I'd suggest smoking it as a first time experience...if you like it then you can explore other ROA's
It can be pretty fucking InTEnSE...sometimes...ooh, or even better...eat it with an MAOI...thats the best ROA, IMO.

In the form of ayahuasca? Or can you literally just eat an MAOI followed by DMT? I'm not very educated on oral administration.

Last edited:
I've tried both, probably prefer IV, it's just easier to dose, considering how quickly it comes on when you're smoking, continuing to smoke your dose, if need be, can get rather difficult. IV takes a bit longer to come on and in my experience, the high seems to last a bit longer, which is largely why I prefer this method.

snorting DMT is probably not a good idea. i've read that you can achieve the intended effects, but my own (singular) experiment was a terrible failure. roughly 50mg was snorted over maybe 5 or ten minutes, and it was super caustic and clogged my sinuses for like two hours. had very minimal basic tryptamine buzz for a half hour or so, but nothing resembling anything that would make the burn worth it.

maybe if you snorted more all at once, but i still can't imagine that you could get past the burn. snorting MDMA wasn't a problem for me, but DMT was awful.

would it matter if it was freebase or a different form?

would it matter if it was freebase or a different form?

Hell yeah, dmt as a salt obviously burns MUCH less than as a freebase.

But it's still a waste of material compared to vaporization and IV.