View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT + Modafinol

ros1816

Bluelighter
I have been getting severe amnesia when I take DMT (I have video evidence of this - me babbling incoherently about something for 5 mins with no recollection)

What could I take to counteract this I wonder ...

This thread
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/667723-Combating-Retrograde-Amnesia
made me think of a nootropic like modafinol. The thread claims taken before DMT it would enable the brain to make sense of things more, and thereby remember the trip more

it seems that nootropics like piracetam and family, actually negate the effects of dissociatives like MXE. An idea could maybe be to ingest the nootropic after the hole? Hoping that it would improve recall. Ingesting a nootropic before smoking DMT would actually be a really interesting experiment though, since it should also potentiate the break through.

I have quite a few of these 100mg modafinol pills so could maybe take one, wait 30 mins and then smoke some DMT. Im waiting for more DMT so will try soon.

Has anyone tried a nootropic + DMT?

Does anyone know of any other good combinations to get more from the DMT experience?

Does valium help - take the edge of the anxiety before and mean a pleasant trip perhaps?

I know K makes for some confusing trips and more in the way of amnesia, for me

I find the 2c family of drugs really make for great DMT experiences. Perhaps my only 'worthwhile' DMT experiences so far ... although in the coming weeks I will experiment with IV and IM properly

Hopefully I am not making a false dichotomy but the amnesia caused by very strong DMT experiences may have a more psychological basis than pharmacological. While dissociatives affect NMDA receptors which are themselves involved with cognition and memory, DMT acts on serotonergic receptors on the 'higher brain function' involved with perception / consciousness. I do not know if the amnesia that can happen with DMT happens because there is direct interference with parts of the brain that facilitate function... or instead, what would be my guess, that the mind (or brain considered in its sum functioning) is unable to produce a meaningful stream of consciousness and perception because it is too scrambled and warped to even start to integrate the information.

If the latter is true, I am not sure of what use nootropics may be which by the way act on parts of the brain facilitating cognition and memory (cholinergic system and related to that indirectly also NMDA, AMPA).
Then again nootropics may improve cognitive coherence to begin with so that there is more resistence / resilience to any warping in the first place.

Even if nootropics would help, modafinil is IMO/IME not really a nootropic per se but more of a wakefulness promotor. Wakefulness and attention are not exactly the same thing as cognition, let alone memory.

Anyway, the real answer would come from actually trying these combinations, I can't (won't) really help you with that sorry. :)

I have tried DMT with 2-FA though, and it radically changed the effects of the trip: instead of the normal wonderful experience as a sort of 'story' that unfolded this combination just showed me objects from my memory flashing before me. Like I 'accessed' ideas and concepts like 'cat', 'jar', 'lightbulb', etc 50 times per second but there was no story strung together with those objects.

And yeah 2C-B was great for me to combine with DMT!

Regarding injecting DMT, hopefully you will take my warnings from the other thread to heart...