View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Machine Advice

skycaptainautopilo

Greenlighter
I've been having trouble getting an immersive DMT experience so I built a Machine (pic) as ostensibly my best option aside from GVG or similar costly devices. I vaped ~18 mg one day and ~37 mg the next, and effects were similar and very mild both times, milder than when I would just smoke spice with herbs, so I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. Below is a description originally posted elsewhere of my apparatus and my approach, and I'm hoping someone experienced can take a look and offer some advice for improvement.

"[...]I bored a hole ~2-3/16'' in diameter into the bottom of a pint-sized liquor bottle with a ~1-inch long neck, diameter ~3/4'' inside, into which I stuffed a ball of copper wire scrubber large enough to sit freely in the neck without falling through, and small enough so as to not restrict airflow unnecessarily.

I would measure a dose of DMT onto the copper wire, then stand the bottle upright on a surface, at which point I would apply a butane torch flame on the lowest setting pointed at the neck 3-4'' away while with my other hand I would rotate the bottle. Soon, the familiar mothball smell would emerge and the DMT would begin to melt, at which point I would ease back slightly on the flame and stop slightly before it would all melt, allowing the heat from the wire to finish the job. Then, meditate for five minutes, grab the bottle and get sat on the bed. I'd hold the bottle upside down so that any vapor would be released into it, then ignite the torch, again on the lowest flame, and hold it about 1.5 inches from the copper scrubber until strands of vapor would appear in the bottle, all the while inhaling lightly from the hole at the other end, then deeply once vaporization starts. I'd inhale until my lungs were full, hold about fifteen seconds while keeping my finger on the hole, then exhale, and a small but visible vapor cloud would come out. Then I'd clear what was left in the bottle and repeat the process until no more vapor was forthcoming. As I'd start to get high it's hard to estimate how long this would take but I'd say about two minutes.

[...]The bottle is definitely airtight aside from the two intentional holes. Maybe I need to apply heat more forcefully during vaporization. Maybe I'm losing some through melting by heating it too much or for too long. At first I thought my bottle might be too big and significant vapor was coating the bottle rather than coming out through the mouth hole, but recently I found a video of someone demonstrating their machine and its use, saying they can break through dosing as little as 25 mg using it. It's about the same size as mine, but the neck is longer, there is more copper, and the end of the copper is protruding out the mouth of the bottle while mine rests just inside the lip. Also, he's run plastic tubing through the mouth hole with the end pretty close to the mouth of the bottle. His reasoning is that it allows you to better see what you're doing with the lighter but I'm wondering if it helps make sure less is lost to the inside of the bottle as well."

d8PVD90.jpg

That things just way too big. Use a 50mL Hennesey or Disaronno bottle.

Try buying a pyrex test tube (cheap and easily obtainable online), tongs and a rubberband can secure it, and use a torch lighter from underneath. Then you can roll up a tube of paper and get a high concentration of DMT for sure

Thanks for the input - I know that what I have has been eminently effective for other users at doses as low as 25 mg so I'd like to work with what I already have. If there were no other way I'd be open to different options but I know this method can be effective if done properly. If no one has any suggestions I'll have to start from scratch but I'm hoping to make use of what I have available.

Eh, the machine isn't a vaporizer. Vaporizing is more efficient any way you slice it.

Thanks for the input - I know that what I have has been eminently effective for other users at doses as low as 25 mg so I'd like to work with what I already have. If there were no other way I'd be open to different options but I know this method can be effective if done properly. If no one has any suggestions I'll have to start from scratch but I'm hoping to make use of what I have available.

1. Did you see Crashing's comment? The bottle is too big from everything I've read, though I have no idea if it actually matters...
  2. When you say others have luck with 25mg: First of all, do you know if the potency of your DMT is as good? Second of all, different people need different amounts.
  3. Are you sure you're vaporizing everything that you've infused into the mesh? I.e. if you try again, there is no more vapor to be had?
Eh, the machine isn't a vaporizer. Vaporizing is more efficient any way you slice it.

Who says the machine isn't a vaporizer? It's actually an extremely efficient DMT vaporizer.

Have you tried using the correct elves to operate the machine mechanism?

Thanks for working with me, Listening.

Did you see Crashing's comment? The bottle is too big from everything I've read, though I have no idea if it actually matters...
I did. That was why I made me comment about knowing that my device can be effective if used properly. From what I've read and seen, the prototypical Machine is a single serving size bottle but larger designs are also exceptionally effective. As I aid in the OP, the video I watched had one that was larger and used more copper and was effective as low as 25 mg.

When you say others have luck with 25mg: First of all, do you know if the potency of your DMT is as good? Second of all, different people need different amounts.
It is. Sparkling white, experienced heads rave. I never said I expected a breakthrough at 25 - my dose was 40mg. That was just to illustrate that similar designs have been very effective. I understand that different people have different thresholds. This, too, was addressed in the OP, where I noted that similar doses using an ostensibly less effective method - spice under cannabis - have produced deeper effects, so if the fault is not with the design or the dose, I imagine it's with the technique.

Are you sure you're vaporizing everything that you've infused into the mesh? I.e. if you try again, there is no more vapor to be had?
Yes, I'm sure. I addressed this in the OP as well.

Thanks again for your patience.

If you can't just put the stuff under some weed and smoke it you're doing something wrong. Nobody I know has not gotten high from that method or just the meth pipe or incense burner or whatever. I'm sure there are other ways of doing it more efficiently, but either you have an unusually high tolerance or your stuff is weak. Off of good DMT, I've never had an issue with feeling effects off just about any method. You can pretty much burn that stuff any way and usually get more than you bargained for.

If the machine doesn't function effectively you could use an “incense burner” aka meth pipe. Those are cheaper than new bottles of liquor. They are available at smoke shops.

If you can't just put the stuff under some weed and smoke it you're doing something wrong. Nobody I know has not gotten high from that method or just the meth pipe or incense burner or whatever. I'm sure there are other ways of doing it more efficiently, but either you have an unusually high tolerance or your stuff is weak. Off of good DMT, I've never had an issue with feeling effects off just about any method. You can pretty much burn that stuff any way and usually get more than you bargained for.
I'm not saying I don't get high - I just don't break through. There are lots of people who are similar in this respect - look at any discussion forum that deals with psychedelics and you'll find plenty of people having difficulty going deep enough. If it's so trivial, why do people waste their money on the GVG or their time making things like this. I know I'm doing something wrong - that's the point of this thread. The spice itself is beyond questioning.

If the machine doesn't function effectively you could use an “incense burner” aka meth pipe. Those are cheaper than new bottles of liquor. They are available at smoke shops.
I would go for this but none of the shops I've visited over the seven or so years I've patronized them, and there are quite a few, have ever had them. I've heard it might be a regional thing

I have never broken through on DMT either, actually, despite good technique and product. For me it's something about the trip itself... something blocks me every time, it makes my mind shoot off into these patterns of syllables which prevent me from letting go (sounds weird but that's how I perceive it). They're very intense trips, extremely intense, but they never resolve. I would go so far as to say that DMT doesn't really agree with me very well. The best trip I had on it was at 10mg, where for a few minutes all the sounds I was hearing became revealed as part of a vast, polyrhythmic pulse, but I also remained very much within myself.

Meth is everywhere. Did you ask? They usually aren't out in the open. Sometimes they hide the case.
I don't doubt it - no have never asked specifically. I've heard oil burner, glass rose, etc - what's the euphemism of choice generally? I feel if I asked for an incense burner I might get any number of things

Also, what about just a regular glass pipe with copper wire? or a bunch of screens?

Last edited:
I don't doubt it - no have never asked specifically. I've heard oil burner, glass rose, etc - what's the euphemism of choice generally? I feel if I asked for an incense burner I might get any number of things

I say incense burner. Oil burner is another euphemism. If you talk about the thing you need nicely with the clerk they should figure out you are talking about a pipe.