• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT - First Time - First Time DMT!!! Breakthrough?

number22

Bluelighter
Finally got my hands on this stuff!! After a night of failed attempts with my friend, we finally get the technique right for smoking it with the oil burner. It's strange, we were burning it too much. But we were trying it by the door and i think the draft may have affected it.

With the failed attempts, I weighed out 20mg each time. We kept getting small hits and just felt it a little. We decided to watch a movie and let the tolerance go down after an hour. After some google searches, I discovered we had been burning it.

This time around I just pack in a bunch, not even weighing it. I see a bunch of smoke, and start hitting it. This time it was a lot for the first time. After just a few seconds of hitting it I felt it immediately. It felt like my eyes opened completely, and then a new filter came in my basement. It wasn't like LSD visuals at this point. It looked like my entire basement changed, but just the texture. Everything was full of geometric colorful shapes with black lines separating them. It was like a reptiles skin but each scale was a bright color. I looked at my friend and his entire face was full of these shapes, and then my head went back and my eyes closed.

I kept seeing this person/thing with a big smile on his face and he would disappear and I would see crazy visuals. Then it would come back and same thing would happen. This happened up until I came back. It felt like I plopped into my body. The whole time my eyes were closed I did not hear the music playing. It was silent. Upon returning, I immediately turned the music off and sat in silence. I had to lay down, it was so insane and intense.

Then I got extremely cold and began to shiver unlike how I've ever done it before. It was terrifying I don't know why it happened. It actually happened to my friend too when we came back.

My question is, is it possible to break through on one hit? It truly was unreal, I felt like I was in another universe but in the same exact location I was sitting in, up until I passed out. At that point it felt like I was just floating and being shown beautiful images by this happy being. My friend had a very intense experience as well!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool report, thanks for sharing it. :)

It's definitely possible to breakthrough on one hit, it all just depends on how much you inhale, which will of course also depend on how much you load and how great your smoking technique is. Individual tolerance will of course come into play as well.... I've never had a breakthrough on one hit and based on my reactions to DMT so far I don't really expect to, but you should definitely feel fortunate if you can get there that easily.

By the way, the shivering is a normal thing with these sorts of strongly altered states. It happens to me a lot on psychedelics especially, though mostly when coming up, but DMT's time course does make it a little unique. I also get it pretty regularly after doing a kundalini type of meditation, like building up to the white light and all that, and I could see that relating to your experience here as well. Generally I think it's just a side effect of the fact that the neurotransmitters involved in causing these intense hallucinations also promote movement, so if you just lie still for it then the energy has to get out somehow. That's one theory anyway.

Congrats on finally getting the DMT too by the way, you should definitely write more about it when you dive back in. :)

Thanks for the reply Kaleida!

I'm curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience to my friend and I. I usually hear that you have to surrender to a ringing noise, and it just keeps getting louder until you blast off. Or that you're in a highway of visuals and it just speeds up so quick and then BAM you're in DMT land.

Why with my friend and I, did we just leave as we were taking our hit? Neither of us had time to hold in the hit for a long time. My friends eyes were still open, so I thought he didn't blast off. So I lit the pipe for him and tried to get him to take another hit, but he just couldn't even understand me

No problem, I'm happy to contribute some thoughts. :)

Those descriptions you gave are not unusual for approaching a DMT breakthrough, but it's worth remembering that all psychedelics are unique not just from one person to the next but even from one trip to the next for the same person. I promise you that if you smoke DMT enough you will have trips like that, and also more that are not. There's really no telling what could happen, the possibilities are practically endless. Sometimes you will just suddenly be dropped off somewhere, sometimes you won't even go anywhere and the other realm will be brought to you, sometimes you'll be blasted off into space at lightning speed with the strongest adrenaline rush you could ever imagine.... It all just depends on what happens to be going on in your noggin right then and there when you smoke it that day. That's part of what makes it so fascinating if you ask me. :)

For what it's worth, you may have had a breakthrough but what you described sounds pretty tame compared to what all DMT can do. You might just be able to easily get into meditative states with it no matter how strong your hallucinations are, but you could definitely push further than you already have. I wouldn't be surprised if your trips start to feel a bit more intense or extreme once you build up a bit of experience with it and move past one hit. There's still quite a lot of exploring left to do!

breaking through on one hit is probably possible. I couldn't do it nor have j ever seen anyone do it.for me 3 is a guaranteed breakthrough everytime. I have broken through once on 2 but I can't seem to get big enough hits to reach it on 2.. The first hit is usually pretty fat, about a .25 and I usually clear that in one hit and that hits me hard as fuck.

Friend that is helping me will then drop in the rest of the dose, usually another .05 just to make sure I breakthrough. Take the second hit, can't get a hit as big as the first time because I'm loosing feeling of my lungs and by the time I breathe out the second hit I'm almost completely gone, not knowing what I'm doing anymore

Friend reminds me to take the third hit, I try my hardest to clear what's left but usually doesnt happen becuase I'm trippin ballllz already(so total I prolly smoke .05-.06 and my friend clears the rest.

Third hits has now been holding for about 5 seconds and the ringing noise starts over powering the music and my thoughts and I take one last look at what's left of our reality and the room just explodes into blackness and I'm sucked into a tunnel out of my body and go flying through space at light speed and go back to the next deminsion or something and talk to idek, drift around observing the entire universe all at once and I become everything that exists while I'm also nothing at all just floating through a strange deminsion. I love the drug

I use a dab rig also and it works perfect, a quartz banger on a low temp helps alot with making it taste better and not feel like burnt plastic in your lungs. I don't get shivers tho, I come back feeling like my body and brain just got a tune up or somethin..I feel healthier than I ever have. The 30 minute afterglow is pretty great. Great mood just sitting there amazed at what I just saw.

For sure one of the most beautiful experiences you can experience