View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dmt feels like mushroom trip?

joeburden

Bluelighter
So my friend came across some DMT extracted from ACRB and after putting 200mg on top of a bowl, the effects were exactly like 3 grams of really good mushrooms but definitely didnt see any shapes or entities. Should he have made a homemade vaporizer for it? he has a little bit left of dmt left and doesnt want to waste it, as he's wanted to breakthrough for years and this was his first time coming across it. He is even open to IV. Any help would be appreciated!

How exactly did you smoke/vape it? Did you apply direct flame or heat it from a distance? What kind of a lighter did you use? How many hits did you take and how much of the original 200mg did you manage to inhale successfully (by estimate)? How long did you then hold any hits you took?

All these things will effect how well the DMT works. 200mg is an insanely large dose if your DMT is relatively high purity, so it sounds to me like you did something wrong when trying to vaporise it. 20-30mg is enough for a breakthrough if you have purity in the high 90% and a good vaping technique, 50-75mg is plenty with lower quality extracted DMT and slightly less perfect technique.

tried a few different methods, glass bowl with screen then a layer of herb/spice/herb/spice/herb tried the same with ash in the place of herb, tried cleaning out a lightbulb to create a vaporizer, but all I had was a bic lighter and the lightbulb was REALLY harsh and I thought perhaps there was a chemical in it but I washed it before I used it so Im not really sure what happened there. and I have ashtma so after that I was done. I was pretty disappointed after hearing all these breakthrough stories off a few hits and then just getting a really super intense mushroom trip for 20 minutes...

I Might just order some syrian rue and the next time I come across some put 100mg in a gelcap and toss it down the hatch, I've heard thats pretty effective also and wont fuck up my lungs. but I also ordered a G-pen vaporizer Im hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can tuck it away for the next time I come across some goodies so Im certainly not going to give up.

If anyone else has any ideas let me know please.

Cheers!

200mgs? Either your vaping method is off, or there was a lot of NMT along with your DMT. Acacia Confusa has more NMT than n,n,DMT...the one time I extracted A. Confusa I got phenomenal returns but I didn't think it was worth smoking due, I believe, to the high NMT content.
Given the large amount you smoked I'd say even if it was half NMT you should have gotten some decent visuals.

What exactly did 200 mg look like? If it was a gooey brown mess then chances are there was not much spice in it. If it were powdery crystals, something is off with your smoking technique then. Asthma is not a big deal, predose with salbutamol 5 minutes prior to smoking, it will dilate them bronchi a great deal. DMT vapor is hard to hold down if you have not had a smoking history of some kind though..