View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Extraction Question

SillyStringer

Greenlighter
I understand that Teks exsist, but I just need a yes or no. Put bark and vinegar and let it simmer for a while, then add your lye and stir for 30 minutes. Afterwards add your naptha and shake end over end, afterwards let it settle. Afterwards extract the top layee and set it in freezee over night. Is this correct? If not can you help?

As you stated there are teks that cover this. I would strongly suggest rereading those teks over and over as you are missing crucial steps. There is no point to a vinegar boil if you are simply going to add the base directly to the mixture without filtering and reducing. The whole point of the A/B extraction you are attempting is that you convert to a salt, by adding acid, create this acidic tea 3 times then reduce it to a workable volume, then add the base and extract. The salt form also allows you to defat the mixture by adding a nonpolar solvent while its in salt form.

Please read the teks on A/B and follow them completely or you will end up with something not so pure or a failed attempt. Do you have any experience working with lye, it is extremely dangerous after all.

I understand that Teks exsist,

Then use one, but only one. You have two teks morphed together.
Pick a tek (one) and use it.
Personally, I prefer to extract and reduce rather than the STB tek you have parts of in your "tek", but that's personal preference

what you are planning will technically work, but it will be very inefficient for several reason. please read on some teks and follow one...

and btw, are you aware of the possible health hazards of the chemicals you will be working with (especially sodium hydroxide (lye) and naphtha)?

There is a really good guide on psychonautwiki which involves extracting DMT from shredded acacia confusa root bark that has been frozen and thawed 3 times (to break down cell membranes and increase yield) using water, vinegar, sodium hydroxide, and naphtha. You should definitely read through that

All I am going to add is MAKE SURE YOU WASH YOUR FINAL EXTRACTION! I've done naptha extractions dozens of times, and I got complacent about doing a final wash because it reduces yields slightly. Just once I accidentally pulled a tiny bit of the lye mix. Believe me, smoking lye is one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had.