Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT 30mg

carlitobrigante

Greenlighter
So i've wanted this experience for a decade or more. I stupidly bought some off the silk road many years ago, when camping by a lake all alone in the wildneness, and despite reading about how it is rendered ineffective by just smoking it, i rolled the half a gram i had obtained into a joint and smoked it. I felt barely anything and cursed myself for wasting it.

Fast forward about 10 years to the present day, to be told by a long time friend that he had obtained the bark online and was washing up his own DMT, i drove the 3 hours to his house at the first opportunity.

We used a glass pipe, and i had a dose of 30mg. We made an effort to get me in a comfortably position on a reclining chair, and i took onboard all my friends advice as i knew this subtstance was not to be trifled with. I smoked a small amount of heroin and crack cocaine about an hour before taking the DMT which i understand was probably unhelpful.

My friend controlled the pipe. I was warned about the taste being not very pleasant. I was determined to take the whole 30mg in a single hit if possible. I was excited and was not nervous at all. I had researched enough to know i was at very little risk of anything going wrong and i was fascinated to see if it lived up to its reputation.

My friend lit began heating the pipe, and i was able to take the entire 30mg in a single hit, and hold it in for as long as i was able. To my surprise the vapour had no discernable taste and it certainly wasnt unpleasant.

I felt the effects almost immediately and was able to recline back in the chair. The experience began with a ringing noise in my ears which got louder and louder until it was close to the 'flat line' sound that a heart monitor would make when someone was in cardiac arrest.

The visual explosion then hit me. I was standing inside and surrounded by a revolving circular kaleidoscope. As many of you know it is almost impossible to put the visuals into words, but the colours and the impossible geometry was just what i was hoping to experience.

I could hear my breathing, and other than the ringing / buzzing noise it was the only thing i could hear. My breathing was loud and had an echo effect. The experience was so powerful my constant thought was that i was actually dying! The thought was constant as it, 'oh shit ive overdone it and im dying' but i wasnt not afraid at all, and the sound of my own breathing that i could hear really loudly obviously reassured me. I was awestruck, and i was able to relax and just admire the ridiculous shapes and colours that i could see. I saw no creatures, or entities...just a spiral spinning rainbow whirlwind that was all around, above and below me. It was spinning at a lovely slow speed and blue was probably the most dominate colour.

Time lost any meaning, and i wasnt having any discernable thoughts other than 'am i dead?' and 'oh wow'. The experience was more powerful than i was expecting despite all my research, and felt just utterly and ridiculously overwhelming (in a good way)

I had no way of knowing how long that portion of the trip lasted, but once the kaleidoscope i was standing in began to fade away it happened quite quickly, and i was aware i was back in my friends living room and in the couch. I was able to open my eyes but felt more comfortable with them closed and began seeing the closed eye visuals which were intense, but nothing like what i had been experiencing moments before.

I burst into almost uncontrollable laughter at the absurb intensity of it all, and i was able to form words again lol, and was able to reassure my friend that i was ok. It was hard to discern shapes and images in the closed eye visuals i was experiencing, and they seemed to lack any colour, which was such a contrast to the break through part of the trip. I saw what looked like a cat like creature in the bottom right of my visuals. I was laughing, partly at how remarkable it all was, and partly from relief at still being alive!

5-10 minutes later i felt no physical or mental come down type feelings or sensations, and felt almost completely clear headed.

On a second occasion some weeks later i had a much smaller dose (15mg) which did not get me the break through experience that i had the first time around, and it was no where near as enjoyable.

I have a decent stash available to use for another experience, but despite how enjoyable the first trip was, i havent had any inclination to do it again since then. When the time is right and i have the perfect company and the right setting i will not hesistate to use it again, however i will use 50mg next time. I found the smaller dose not very enjoyable at all, and i want to get another breakthrough experience that maybe lasts longer next time.

To mitigate the risk, i allowed my friend to hold the pipe and light it for me. I was in a recliner chair that i did not move from for the duration of the trip. I am guessing my use of cannabis, cocaine, and heroin in the hours prior to the trip did not help the experience and my hunch is that i would have had a more powerful and longer lasting break through experience if those substances were not in my body.

I have no mental health concerns, and i was excited and well prepared for the experience. In the days after the trip i definitely noticed some changes within myself and i could almost detect how the experience had shaken up my brain chemistry and given my neuro plasticity a kick start. I seemed (and still seem) to be less anxious in general and more reflective. I am keen to repeat the experience with a higher dosage, no other substances being used for at least 48 hours before hand, and more effort on my part to document the experience and monitor myself for any changes in the days and weeks following.

I've had some pretty out there drug induced experiences during my lifetime...but people are right when they say nothing comes close to the intensity of a DMT breakthrough. Absurd is the only word that feels even a tiny bit appropriate

I finally came across some DMT recently.
Life is "full" (to say the least) and I have not been able to explore like I would like to. I have been taking a hit or so and getting the "overlay" and a bit of a kaleidoscope with eyes closed. I'm actually finding it a positive thing since I can get a little bit of the psychedelic reset while feeling pretty normal an hour later.

However, last weekend I found a time to go just a little higher. I took two big hits and laid back and closed my eyes. The kaleidoscope became strong, I held on and... I was waking up from a nap (I thought), it took me a second to realize what had happened. I didn't remember it.

It's going to be a little while until I can find the alone time to go harder again. I'm a little scared and definitely frustrated. Anyone ever completely not remember a DMT experience?

I usually take 50mg but it does seem that the amount different people need to 'break thought' differs by quite a lot.

Also watch out for shady dealers who cut 5-MeO DMT into DMT because the former is more potent and generally cheaper. I've watched a dealer do that... but he was one of those dodgy people who make a living in Amsterdam by ripping off visitors. So maybe it's more prevalent in that specific city.

Of ALL drugs, DMT is among the most costly so adulteration is the most profitable.

I hear it's $500/gram these days?

On another topic - some people take LSD and smoke DMT as the acid peaks. Never tried it but it sounds like it's pretty impressive.