Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT (150 mg, smoked, 6 years of collective awakenings) - One from the heart

ReiAyanami

Ex-Bluelighter
This took on a life of it's own as I was writing it, whilst tired, and so it is incredibly long, maybe there are some mistakes, possibly some people will take offense, certainly some people will think I'm an idiot or mad, but certainly I couldn't care less. This is my only serious contribution to Bluelight, and I hope that some will find it interesting and illuminating. It is spoken from the heart, to open minds. That's what psychedlics are all about for me, that is what DMT is especially all about for me. There is little or no description of the DMT state itself - because words fail me completely. I present here only a very dry, long winded, and overly-serious account of the mental effects of smoking DMT over the past 6 years of my life. I have smoked it daily for extended periods, smoked it all day long at times, usually I would smoke DMT on its own, but the combinations aren't really the point (well, I may as well: stimulants are exceptionally good, weed's shit, acids shit, mushrooms are good etc. - combined with DMT, that is). I will put it in nsfw tags to make it easier on the eyes. And again, I hope that people will find it interesting. If anyone is interested in such terrestrial facts, I'm 27.
No apologies for writing so much, because it means so much to me. Mushrooms opened my eyes profoundly when I was 19, and I owe more to mushrooms than DMT from a personal perspective. But DMT's been my 15 minute space rocket - and we've clicked, and grown older together.
So with thanks, best wishes, eternal compassion and understanding, an obligatory heart <3 (because of hippies), and I'll let the man who showed me the way speak those words of wisdom, samahdi_smiles for eternity in my heart because of:
"Love and Light and DMT!!!!"
Thank you ;) God bless and eternal and deep gratitude to all my sexy psychedlic brothers and sisters here on bluelight and beyond. Beautiful people, everything in balance. Lets dance, and let's dance well, because this is my final dance. I have nothing else to give, than all I have:
xxxxxxxx
"Smoke DMT trust me." (God bless you! :(:(:( R.I.P. my friend xxx).

The tone changes from here on so don't expect love, love, love, not at all!
But it's alll done out of love. Surely you understand. I'm crying now, so I will just post this monstrosity of word mass, and get the fuck out of here!
Peace. You're all such beautiful people ;) I will post a collection of books later on, actually, so maybe there will be one follow up. But for now. x
NSFW:
it is a serious message and i'm too tired to edit it, so hopefully you can follow the argument clearly, and ignore typos

The totality of human experience consists of

awake | asleep

that is an undoubted truth

most people go through life believing that dreams are meaningless
most people go through life believing their waking state to be 'all of reality'.

Most people have a heavy bias for awake states, as being 'more true'

Most people don't take psychedelics

To use a model of connecting the "two worlds"

normal | paranormal

through a 'medium' state

normal | medium | paranormal

we can link this as:
=
waking consciousness | dream/psychedelic consciousness | paranormal

the true origin of paranormal is irrelevant - since we can never experience it without having waking consciousness as well:
however high we get, we are still physically 'here' in the material world

since we're interested in psychedelics

waking consciousness | psychedlic consciousness | paranormal

where psychedlic consciousness is a mixture of waking consciousness, and an undefined "paranormal" element
existing between "two worlds" which are normally separated
that is undoubtable.
If reality is normal/paranormal combined, or separated, we see only normal reality when 'sober'.
unless we have schizophrenia or psychosis etc., when we experience a permanent 'medium' state naturally

the fact remains - paranormal on it's own is unknowable without some basis in the material world

waking consciousness is governed by fixed laws, fixed meaning, defined boundaries, measurable and repeatablly true facts
these are undeniable, and they must be accepted as such in a unified model
however:
the psychedelic consciousness has no fixed boundaries, no fixed logic, words have no fixed meaning, and it is repeatably 'there' but changing and different

if we view this as an expanded awareness, or a different perspecive on a sliding scale
the fact remains the same
so what do we take into, and out of, the psychedelic experience?

language, rules, boundaries, beliefs, prejudices etc. etc. from the normal world go in

and we take so-called: spiritual experience, revelation, insight, new perspective etc. etc. out
so the things that we take out are illogical to the fixed laws of logic that we know from the materialistic world

the perspectives gained are valid, enlightening, healing, productive, or sometimes damaging to the mind, depending upon our starting point and perspective

the 'integration' of a psychedlic experience is therefore the rationalization of an irrational experience.

the waking world, 'real' life that is, to most, is where societies have- known, strictly-defined, rules and structures. psychedlics may make us more or less suited to operation in the society we come from, depending upon the culture and worldview.

the waking world is seen by non psychedlic users as the knower of fundamental truths, fundamental laws, known realities of the real world

this is our real world from birth, and so we must initially conform to it's customs

the experience of the unexplainable makes some people believe in God, religion, philosophy, etc. acccording to our tastes and personaliies
inevitably, these are challenged or strengthened upon entering he psychedlic stae
either
the challenged worldview leads to a dissolusion of preconceptions
or
the confirmed worldview leads to a strengthening of precongeptions

as a rationalist, and as rational people in general, we question the validity of our beliefs if we seek a deeper understanding
a person who believes in God may find God and be content with the confirmation

but that is not an understanding of the state itself, but rather a holding on to a belief that was already held.

dissilusion, rather than illusion, is preferred to gain a deeper understanding
some may disagree, and on a personal level they are free to, and will probably be happier as a result, but like blind faith in religion is
simply faith.

there is n room for faith, when we have an experience as well
assess the facts with an open mind, and decide retrospectively which is most logical
that is the rational, and logical, and scientific method.

the belief and philosophy that we take into the psychedlic experience determines our encounter with the experience
especially at lower doses when normal reality is largely intact, and slightly altered

so the philosophies, cultural values, and preconceptions are the main source of our beliefs before we ever have our first trip

these are rigid views of right and wrong, good and bad, productive and nonproductive which is how our societies do, and must operate

to dissolve all of these values may be undesirable to some, but for those who seek to understand the mindset itself, that is surely the best method

with a clear mind we can judge clearly because we can see clearly, unrestrained by social convensions and arbitary predjudices

thos e who practice meditation normally have a fixed goal according to their philosophy
it is a clearing of the mind from all thoughts to see the world without ego

which is my aim here

but the conclusions seem to me to be wrong from an perspective of understanding reality without judgement

without judgement there would be no assertions of enlightenment, no assertions of knowing god, no assertions of realize that you are god, because
god as a concept is defined by language
when we meet the experience, the concept of god can no longer exist, because the word ceases to exist without thoughts

the word is the concept

language is the source of the knowledge' and the source of the belief in god, being a part of god, being one with god, and being a part of god

there are therefore no need to entertain the idea that of solipsism, being the only mind that you can know to exist,

whist it is true for all of us, when we remove all thoughts from our minds, we still do exist, and so do other people

when we are no longer thinking in language, when we open our eyes we see other people, and they see us
that is reality
if there are no thoughts, there are no words, there are no concept - the concepts cease to exist where the word cannot exist

the human body exists regardss, functions regardless, and so do oher peoples.
these concepts are therefore word games of a thinking mind, that misconstrues the experience by attachment to language
the experience knows no language, the concept ceases to exist
it is language based, therefore.

high dose dmt in particular totally removes all logical connections to 'ego' and rules as understood in a normal state of mind

it is impossible to think in language when fully immersed in the dmt experience
yet there is an experience
and a live and vivid experience, totally alien to our known and understood preconceptions of normal reality

the belief that one has become infinity with the universe is entirely plausable given the nature of the experience
and the total detatchment from all recognizable features of reality

however that assumption forgets the fact that language is the source of the concept of infinity
language is the source of the concept of god
and so the rationalization as becoming one with anything except yourself is wrong
when in the experience we still exist in the real world, and we still exist within our own minds as judged by an outsider

the rationalization based upon experience and fact is that the experience is contained within the mind
the infinite immersion into something else is infact a deep connection with the mind
and the thought and concept of god ceases to eist whilst in the experience, and so has no meaning.

we experience what we experience as 'infinity', we know that we stay in our physical body,
and so we know that we must be experiencing ourselves only

ballanced assessment of fact and experience says that the dmt trip is a connection with something based upon the brain

what we experience however, is a complete shedding of language based thinking
a uietening of the mind to language based thoughts is complete at high doses of dmt, and therefore no concepts that the words carry can hold any meaning

when we return to reality, language returns and we try to make sense of the experience based upon language based thinking and desciptions.
this is impossible, due to the non-existence of language in the state
and so any conclusions based upon language and it's definitions are wrong, from the perspective of understanding the state itself.

through repeated, prolonged and daily exposure to the dmt stae, the experience does not become less interesting in itself,
but the reaction to it does.

some may say hat this is 'losing the magic' of the experience, and it is
but my purpose is an understanding of the experience, rather than a reverence of it.

what does result, however, is a complete detatchment from preconception and prejudice caused by language based thinking
the same thinking that defines god, infinity, dissolusion into the universe is nullified by the experience of the state, and relizing that it is real.

after repeated exposure after many years, there is no fear or nervousness of entering the experience, and the experience does not change in its character or remarkable phenomena in itself, but the experience is accepted as real in and of itself. Totally illogical in and of itself, and totally undescribable

yet the mind reacts not at all to the most bizarre occurrences.
this demystifying of the experience can lead to dissapointment, that there was not more there as I had previously thought, but
having attained this state of a non thinking mind, not an empty mind, it is clear that language and the associations towards it are what causes the problems of experience after a reduction in intensity to where one may think semi-logically again to wonder what is going on.

despite the length of this post and the opinionated nature of the judgements, I would say that this is a truly ballanced state of mind, existing outside of language, and arbitrary connections to its use and meaning

as such, the most remarkable thing to realize is that most people in the world are constrained by language based thinking.

It becomes exceedingly clear that having escaped language itself, the words can still flow onto the page as, if you;ve bothered to read it all, are still reasonably clear and rational when desired. It is further possible to see meaning and intent within other peoples language to the extent that i had not imagined before.

Words sometimes become animated with conveying a meaning that is quite impossible to describe.

I feel that the model proposed above, namely

and linking this to
waking consciousness | psychedlic consciousness | paranormal

is an accurate one that is enlightening in the following ways

normal consciousness is logical, rational, language based

language propagates logic by leaving the whole of irrational, inscrutable, unknowable intent completely unresponded to in serious discussion
this is also the source of humor through double entendre, absurdist statements and nonsensical pattern spotting according to most people.

The ability to spot paradox in almost anything is also highlighted significantly, and it is based solely upon the use of language

language which is read unthinkingly and unquestioningly from according to known rules and meanings and defined definitions of meaning are in fact the constraints of logic. The effect is to make all written and verbal communication standardized, homogenized, and utterly predictable.

This conformity to convention has with it the attachments to social heirs and graces, the desire to be liked amongs people who know you freom a name on a screen. this social interaction is entirely language based. The very need for such social interaction is enhancing to the ego, and so I must conclude that it is the sense of ego is in fact the attachment to language itself.

This is of course expressed by others, and I make no claim as being the first person to escape language based thinking.

What is remarkable is how literally nothing written or said can be misinterpreted, except by choice, to prove a point

the point is made with the intention of pointing out the flaws in other's logic which is in essence a judgement on the language itself, rather than the mind expressing it. This desire to demonstrate the fallibility of language is of course not welcomed because of its subversive nature. But the reaction to it from psychedlic drug users has been most enlightening, and shows the extent to which people maintain attachments to language based thinking despite being very experienced with psychedlic states. The reversal to explanations of states as unexplainable and statements of obvious truth such as the effect is caused by a drug interacting with the brain are remarkable , to me.

It shows to my mind, that a loss of 'ego is not at all an outcome of psychedlic drugs, and is in fact a strengthening of ego in the fact that people wish to seek conformity of thought and consensus of agreed right and wrong opinions. This is startling in the fact that psychedlic drugs and dmt in particular are so shattering to any illusions that a person may have, and so i must conclude that it is either the frequency or dosage that these substances are taken is not sufficient to remove completely the language attachment to thought

i continue to smoke dmt regularly so it is possible that these attachments come back after abstinence, and that is how problems of attachment come back into being, and the social neuroses of language creep in to other peoples actions.

More remarkably is the lack of desire to raise the level of personal awareness of reality through taking the 'lessons' of someone pointing out flaws in logic personally. Actions designed to liberate minds are construed as aggressive and subversive. They are both, but the attachment to sentiment is not an issue in my mid. There is no feeling of hate or anger or personal dislike in any criticism, it is purely to help ohers to attain a similar state of language detached thinking.

The state allows one remarkably to see that random occurrences are not random at all. Numbers picked at random according to one person are clearly an expression of their subconscious, which highlights still further the incredible powers of perceptiveness that are gained by reducing all attachment to language

numerology based upon aztec and mayan astronomical understandings of reality make an incredible amount of sense to me. And i am able to shift perspective to get onto the same wavelength as someone simply be focusing on the words and numbers. The sleep deprived and stimulant fuelled state is also incredibly useful in bringing out these occurrences. Lines of words seem to move to highlight the most important parts, and the illogical reading of words in different orders, in a cut-up style point towards a clear relationship towards intent. The statement of Burroughs destroy all rational thought seems like an absurd suggestion, but in so doing through smoking dmt, realizing the reality and worth of the experience, in itself as a part of mmy mind, I am able to understand how the destruction of logical, rational thoughts does not lead to an empty brained moron, but someone who is able to use language and number in a variety of ways, depending upon whatever perspective i like.

Obviously, such research by fucking with people could not be carried out in the real world because of the necessities of not wanting to appear like a cunt. But through using this forum in this way, which I make no apology for since the people I bothered were psychedelic drug users in the main, who should be used to having one or two of their preconceptions challenged by their own experiences, if not by the community at large.. Despite the knowing egotistical nature of this report I shall share it nonetheless, because frankly I have no shame or guilt in sounding like a cunt in this message, because the purpose ultimately is to help other people to break out of the attachment to language that is so constraining to the nature of behavior, and impacts upon the amount of free will that a person is able to show. The magnum opus of alchemists is essentially towards the same aim, of passing on a truth regarding the nature of reality, but usually the message is hidden or obscured by deliberate misdirection to hide the original intent. This in itself seems unnecessary, since those who are unable to see my points clearly enough in the first place will hiss the whole purpose of the text.

The work of terrence mckenna in his book true hallucinations is a similar construct, to my mind, and he uses the word magnum opus in reference to alchemical works as previously mentioned. The idea that this is secret knowledge is one that I deny, and if there were a group of people more fitting to be the most illuminated in society, and to exist above the usual bounds of language based societies, then it is those who are willing to smoke dmt in the first place. I present this as my final submission to bluelight. May anyone who finds the concepts interesting and believable find a similar state of mind, and may those who can't be bothered to read so much text be equally dissapointed. I do not believe that all opinion is equally valid and so i make no apologies for the elitist attitude, it is a concept in itself that dulls-down rather than enlightens a community. There is no freedom without knowledge, no knowledge without patience and hard work. As for the part about DMT, that is an unmistakable truth that I would not wish to cover-up in any way at all. To the best of my ability that is the most fully and clearly that I can explain things. I hope it is of interest, and I hope that some people will find it enlightening. That's really what it is all about - passing on the knowledge and experience from one generation to the next. That is my last post and testament.
Terence McKenna - "language creates your reality"
Dennis McKenna - "A stitch in time saves nine"
Ludwig Wittgenstein: "What we cannot express in words we must pass over in silence"
and to my friend Andi, who shared his love in every post, and opened my eyes with - "Love, Light and DMT! FREE to send the love, FREE to send the good vibes, FREELY!"
God bless
xxx
x

There was some things I could agree with and some I could disagree.
Interesting accumulation of ideas.

The idea that this is secret knowledge is one that I deny, and if there were a group of people more fitting to be the most illuminated in society, and to exist above the usual bounds of language based societies, then it is those who are willing to smoke dmt in the first place.
I may agree to that on certain circumstances.

Some of your ideas could certainly help to explain why the DMT experience is so hard to elaborate..
Outside the boundry of language.

Cheers bro! You know I love my DMT as much as anyone else, I guess. ;) Shifting perspective is the price we pay for using psychedelics, so maybe I'll disagree with it all myself in an hour or two! Haha. Good of you to read it, though. I heard a quote once, I forget who just now, but it went:
"the conversation was your separation..."
So trying to talk about some things, to some people, is just impossible. It's always other people that are the problem!!! Haha.