• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DM - Teenager died after taking drug he bought online...(AMT, 1g)

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Teenager died after taking drug he bought online marked 'not for human consumption' which was supposed to have the same effect as ecstasy

By Jennifer Smith
PUBLISHED: 15:48, 12 November 2013

• Adam Hunt, 18, died after taking one gram of drug Alpha Methyltryptamine
  • Teenager bought the substance online after researching 'legal highs'
  • Police expressed concern people think drugs are safe if considered legal

A coroner has warned of the dangers of so-called 'legal highs' after a teenager died from taking a drug he ordered online marked 'not for human consumption'. Adam Hunt, 18, died on August 18 this year after taking the psychoactive substance AMT at his home in Southampton, Hampshire, after purchasing it from a website. An inquest heard how the keen football fan had told a friend he planned to take the drug, which he believed had the same effects as ecstasy, but died four days later.

He told his friend that he had bought two grams of the substance, as well as etizolam, though there was no trace of the second drug in his system. Adam's mother, Bernadette Fagan, returned home from work to hear her son calling for help from his bedroom. 'He was sweating and shaking. She immediately phoned for help and ambulance staff arrived a short while later and took Adam to hospital,' the inquest was told. The teenager died four days later at Southampton General Hospital after being put in a medically-induced coma.

The inquest heard police discovered Adam had researched AMT and legal highs on the internet after his computer was seized. Packets containing the drugs were also found, with each bearing a 'not for human consumption' warning. Pathologist Dr Brian Green said a post mortem found he had died of multiple organ failure caused by taking almost 1g of the drug, Alpha Methyltryptamine. He said: 'One of the problems of buying medicines from unregulated manufacturers is the individual awareness of the concentration of the substance in the drug provided may bear no resemblance to the actual concentration, that puts an even greater risk in the ingestion of substances that are unregulated.'

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Adam-Hunt-died-taking-drug-bought-online.html

One of the problems of buying medicines from unregulated manufacturers is the individual awareness of the concentration of the substance in the drug provided may bear no resemblance to the actual concentration, that puts an even greater risk in the ingestion of substances that are unregulated.
To Govmt: So regulate them you idiots!

Yeah if it clearly stated effects and doses on packaging this wouldnt happen. Atleast not due to misinformation.

I'm not really up on my rcs I just steer clear honestly.

From experience with breaking down powders eye ballin it can never be accurate. Mathmatics is your best bet like dividing piles.
A gram would be a ton of powder.

Also it says he researched them. Wonder if his phone and comp were searched. Truly unfortunate but this should be a lesson to every body who doesn't already get familiar with there substances to step there game up.

"The inquest heard police discovered Adam had researched AMT and legal highs on the internet after his computer was seized."

They were... seized.
He clearly hadn't researched AMT if he thought 1g was a normal dose 8(

He clearly hadn't researched AMT if he thought 1g was a normal dose 8(

My thoughts exactly. My highest dose of AMT was 160mg taken in multiple doses through multiple ROAs throughout the day and at the peak I was so fucked up that my jaw was bouncing around, making it impossible to talk without sounding like I was outside in the freezing cold and I swear I'm lucky to be alive.

Still, this is the beginning of the end of AMT in the UK. I give it three months before it is illegal as a result of this. Such a shame. It bit the dust way too soon here in the states as it is. :(

I can't even imagine how terrible a whole gram at once would feel.

this fuck head took a GRAM of AMT. he is an idiot, he deserved to die. like bill hicks says, man on acid, jumps off building, though he could fly, dumbass, if he thought he could fly he should have taken off from the ground, he is a dumbfuck, he is dead, good, we wont miss him.

I can't even imagine how terrible a whole gram at once would feel.

To be honest you probably wouldn't have mental faculties long enough to know what's going on. High doses kick in very fast, eliminating the long and drawn out stimulated come up, and you are at the plateau within half an hour (generally after some dry heaves) if you take it on an empty stomach.

juno nightmare said:
he is an idiot, he deserved to die. like bill hicks says, man on acid, jumps off building, though he could fly, dumbass, if he thought he could fly he should have taken off from the ground, he is a dumbfuck, he is dead, good, we wont miss him.

You've never made a mistake? Who are you to judge the loss of a life?

Erowid lists 60-80 mg of AMT as a heavy dose, so 1 gram is at least 12 times stronger than the high side of a heavy dose.
Maybe it is like with MDMA, for which 150 mg is a heavy dose, taking 1800+ mg. Sounds just terrible.

this fuck head took a GRAM of AMT. he is an idiot, he deserved to die. like bill hicks says, man on acid, jumps off building, though he could fly, dumbass, if he thought he could fly he should have taken off from the ground, he is a dumbfuck, he is dead, good, we wont miss him.

Must be nice to have never made a major mistake in your life.
I am envious.
As for the rest of us, who have made big mistakes and lived, we tend to have the space in our minds and hearts to feel human empathy for those who were not so lucky.

Last edited:
What a staggering lack of compassion or empathy! I guess someone has to cast the first stone.