• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dm - Lines are out, joints are in: Cocaine use in U.S. cut in HALF while marijuana..

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Lines are out, joints are in: Cocaine use in U.S. cut in HALF while marijuana use jumps 30 per cent

PUBLISHED: 21:00, 10 March 2014

With reader comments

• The spike in marijuana use and decline of cocaine was noted in a report published by the White House's Office of National Drug Control Policy
  • Heroin use remained stable while a spike in meth use at the beginning of the decade was followed by a steady decline
  • The study also found that Americans spent $1trillion on illicit drugs between 2000 and 2010
Uppers are down and downers are up, according to a new report on American drug use. Between 2006 and 2010, use of cocaine in the U.S. has dropped by half while marijuana use has increased an astonishing 30 per cent. Use of heroin on the other hand has remained fairly stable, while methamphetamine use has been on the decrease since seeing a huge spike at the beginning of the decade. The new report was published by the White House's Office of National Drug Policy which is affiliated with the RAND Drug Policy Research Center and draws on data between 2000 and 2010. Each year, the National Drug Policy office totals how much Americans spend on cocaine, heroin, marijuana and meth while also estimating the number of chronic users.

'Our analysis shows that Americans likely spent more than one trillion dollars on cocaine, heroin, marijuana and methamphetamine between 2000 and 2010,' said Beau Kilmer, the study's lead author and co-director of the RAND Drug Police Research Center. That's an average of $100billion a year. The report does not attempt to explain changes in drug use or the impact of drug control strategies. However, the dramatic increase in marijuana use may be attributed to the fact that there was an increase in people who reported daily or near-daily use of weed in recent years.

More...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...U-S-cut-HALF-marijuana-use-jumps-30-cent.html

That figure of how much America spends on drugs...comes out to roughly $10 per person per day? Am I mentally estimating math right? That's spreading the cost evenly among users and non users.

The estimate percentage of users is based upon polls, which are easily faked, I remember reading some conservative in this forum saying that because polls can be lied on, no data should be worth shit. Well, they're probably right. In North Korea, would you vote against the supreme leader? In the USA, with the NSA revelations, would you say that you're a drug user?

That figure of how much America spends on drugs...comes out to roughly $10 per person per day? Am I mentally estimating math right? That's spreading the cost evenly among users and non users.

It's a little under a dollar per person per day. 1 trillion for ten years = 100 billion per year.
100 billion per year / 300 million people = $333.33 per person per year.

Seems like grass may indeed save the world.. not bashing coke but allot of grass and a little coke once and awhile is always better for someone than allot of coke all the time.

Not surprising, back when id buy blow id expect some cut but good quality overall, now its like buying cattle dewormer with a little coke as a cut.

cocaine use is down because people are finding out that all the cocaine is cut with Levamisole

i don't think less cocaine use means ANYTHING with the wide variety of stimulants out there, and the fact that most coke is cut to shit and expensive as hell makes it foolish to buy, which i'm guessing a lot of people have caught on too. also coke isn't cool right now, weed molly codeine and pills are cool. (not my opinion, just what i've noticed. i don't think any drug is cool, there's just ones i enjoy and ones i don't.)