• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DM - Ketamine now a Class B drug: People caught possessing horse tranquiliser face..

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Ketamine now a Class B drug: People caught possessing horse tranquiliser face five years in prison

PUBLISHED: 01:56, 12 February 2014

With reader comments

• Ketamine, known as Special K, has been made a Class B banned substance
  • Anyone caught possessing drug will be punished with up to five years in jail
  • Horse tranquiliser was used by up to 120,000 people last year, say figures
  • Achieved notoriety when former Co-op boss was caught trying to buy drug
  • Its new Class B status has been accepted by Home Secretary Theresa May
Ketamine, the horse tranquiliser used as a party drug, will today be made a Class B banned substance amid fears it is ruining young people’s health. Anybody caught possessing the drug will be punished with up to five years in jail. Ketamine, known as Special K, was used by up to 120,000 people last year, according to Home Office figures. But there is mounting evidence that it is causing huge health damage - with people as young as 20 being forced to have their bladders removed.

In December last year, the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs said that ketamine should be upgraded from Class C to B. That recommendation has now been accepted by Home Secretary Theresa May. Ketamine has been linked to a string of deaths and achieved notoriety when the Reverend Paul Flowers - the disgraced ex-boss of the Co-op bank - was caught trying to buy the drug. Originally designed as an anaesthetic and tranquilliser, often used on horses during veterinary surgery, ketamine was first banned as a recreational drug in 2006. Once the drug is upgraded to Class B, people caught with it in their possession could face up to five years in prison and ketamine dealers could be jailed for up to 14 years.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...orse-tranquiliser-face-five-years-prison.html

I'm assuming it was class C before? If so fucking lame!

Also why does every UK source bad mouthing K always fucking refer to to it as god dam horse tranquilizer? For fuck sake you have to be dumb as mother fucking shit to think anything besides "Yeah....and...?" when some idiot tries to scare you off with that shit! It's not like your doctor warns you before surgery and says "We need to let you know....fentanyl is also used as an anesthetic in animals as well!" or your child's pediatric surgeon warns you that ketamine is used to numb up horses either yet the media never misses a chance to lay that down after every time ketamine is mentioned.

In the US it's somewhat commonly known for its use in felines and I thank whoever that the media doesn't say that ever that I've noticed atleast(not like there's even close to the number of ketamine articles in the US as UK since it's so much more available to you lucky bastards!).

They looooove the "horse tranquilizer" line, it enforces in the public mind the stereotype of the desperate pathetic junkie who will resort to anything.

They looooove the "horse tranquilizer" line, it enforces in the public mind the stereotype of the desperate pathetic junkie who will resort to anything.
I know I know...just ranting because like I said you have to be pretty pathetically dumb to care that an anesthetic is used in animals as many if not most are. To bad I bet if you IMed most people with the right dose they would be blown away and wouldn't give two fucks if ketamine came from horse shit, ha!;)

Lol I was just coming in here to also point out the need for them to just stick that "horse tranquilizer" line right in the title, obviously because if they didn't people wouldn't even waste their time reading about something they've never even heard of.

I used to refer to it as horse tranquillizer as well when I was younger.

Fuck the media it really is brainwash and nothing more.

Also why does every UK source bad mouthing K always fucking refer to to it as god dam horse tranquilizer?

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I guess "common paediatric anaesthetic" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Hey, at least ketamine's got it better than poor GHB. 8)

Please remember this is the Daily Mail, they did an "exclusive" article on ketamine with a video of a horse being put to sleep with ketamine, it was quite funny. Then a man came on screen "shocking stuff", imagine what this would do to a human.

I think Ket being a class C though to a B has been a long time coming, always strange that it has been B for so long. Not that its going to change anything what so ever, at all. Utterly pointless.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I guess "common paediatric anaesthetic" doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Hey, at least ketamine's got it better than poor GHB. 8)
Dude people use grevious bodily harm to rape people on those dates!! ;)

I laughed so hard at that horse video, if I remember correctly they also interviewed some idiots who were "scared straight" after seeing the horse shit. I also remember UK parents trying to change ketamine after their kids died doing dense things like using ket in a bathtub.

Such a great job by the government. think about it-

Since it's now class B, everyone will realize it's dangerous. now no one will ever be touching ketamine. all the ketamine will be gone off the streets! :S

what sickness me is that a good person will get fucked over by this. You really think locking them in a cage does anything except demoralize and turn into a police fucking state.

the new law; x1000 more harmful than the drug could ever be. wtf is wrong with these ppl......

how can ketamine be a class c or b and heroin and crack is a class a??ketamine PROPERLY fucks you up and you feel like in a different world while heroin and crack only makes you happy really..imo

^ because ketamine is used quite a bit in veterinary practices and has well established medical benefits. Marijuana is a schedule I drug in the US while crack is schedule II, these "ranks" mean nothing and are more often than not wrong which only discredits what the government has to say anymore. I think benzodiazapenes are schedule IV in the US and their dependance can actually prove fatal, great job authorities your really doing a great job at keeping us safe... I think being locked in a cage with a bunch of murderers and rapists is more detrimental to my health than the occasional marijuana and even ketamine use...