• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

disulfiram and cocaine

Sobaarhhh!

Greenlighter
Hello guys, i'm new here, i have a simple question that i can't Seem to find the answer for...i'm in treatment for my alcohol habit, I get 1400mg of disulfiram spread out on the week, and then this happend, i found a small amount of Coke in my closet so ofcause i want to get rid of it, but Will it interfere with the disulfiram? Or am I just a lucky guy Home alone with nothing else to do than snorting a couple of lines ??

Ok, I've done a little bit of digging regarding your question. Cocaine is a drug still in use licitly in the United States in some forms, so I would expect if there were a serious interaction between the two, you would be able to find it online and I'm not finding it. In my limited knowledge of the drug Disulfiram (Antabuse) works by inhibiting the body's ability to metabolize leading to an excess of Acetaldehyde, which is responsible for the resulting sickness when alcohol is consumed.

If I were you, I would do a small test to see if you can tolerate the drug before going crazy and breaking lines out. Maybe put a small, but active dose underneath your tounge and see what happens.

Thank you very much, that's the same thing i found out, and came to the same conclusin as you....i have been dooing small bumps, with 30 min. up to an hour in between, and nothing unusal seem to happen, so I guess I'm in for a cosy night with some god stand up comedy and a couple of lines...

and thank you again for doing some research on my behalf....
have a great weekend...
Sobaarhh....