Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Distinguishing MXE, MXP and MXM via reagent testing

wormdevil

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to tell MXE, MXP and MXM apart through regent tests? If yes, with which reagents?

I recently researched a sample of MXE, which felt slightly off. I understand the natural variation due to the set and the setting but the specifics of the deviation got me concerned that it might be a different but very similar RC. I would like to stay safe and potentially understand what that sample contains before further researching it.

To be specific, compared to MXE, experience was a bit dysphoric, more physically debilitating, and seemed to linger longer. MXE is remarkably robust in its effects, therefore this sort of variation, especially including more objective differences (e.g. duration of effects), got me suspicious.

I'm also open to ideas regarding other methods of testing (e.g. gs, mp), but emphasize those that could be done at home settings (???). Also, ideas about doing some sort of a recrystallization/washes to remove impurities are welcome as well.

Cheers!

While I can't really provide much of an answer to your question, personally the reason I have no real interest in MXE is due to how varying the effects received were every time I tried it....for the most part they were as you describe - dysphoric and physically debilitating, and 50mg via IM injection had me feeling more like I was beyond shitfaced drunk and someone had just punched me in the head.

Exact same baggy of MXE that's had me holed in pure bliss with the same dose and ROA, same setting, plenty of time between.

2 other MXE aficionados have sampled from this exact baggy, and enjoyed it thoroughly.

My 2c on MXE. My case isn't so much common, but this drug IME is very hit and miss, more often miss.

I would say that it's next to impossible, though you might get a hint. The reason I say this is because I've reagent tested several different batches of confirmed GC-MS pure MXE (and one of MXM and one of MXP) and the results weren't consistent from one batch to the next! How this can be possible, I have no idea. I'll let one of the more knowedgable folk answer that. Nevertheless, I don't think reagent testing is useful for distinguishing between most of these similarish dissociatives.

I would say that it's next to impossible, though you might get a hint. The reason I say this is because I've reagent tested several different batches of confirmed GC-MS pure MXE (and one of MXM and one of MXP) and the results weren't consistent from one batch to the next! How this can be possible, I have no idea. I'll let one of the more knowedgable folk answer that. Nevertheless, I don't think reagent testing is useful for distinguishing between most of these similarish dissociatives.

Lack of consistency might be due to presence of leftover reactants or other synthesis byproducts. Since the reagent tests react to presence of chemicals, negligible amounts of impurities might throw off the colors.

Thanks for the response guys.