Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dissos and Post-surgical Pain

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
I have a friend that is about to undergo pretty radical emergency surgery. They don't want to take opioids during the post-op recovery. Has anyone in his situation used dissociatives to try to manage their post-surgery pain or at least reduce their opioid dosage with them? Options include limited amounts of MXE and 3-MeO-PCP, as well as unlimited amounts of DMXE, MXPr, and S-ketamine.

No direct experience but I do have a friend who uses ketamine to treat pain from bone cancer.

I gave him some kratom extract and that seems to have given him partial relief, without being completely disassociated, but he still uses copious amounts of ketamine at night, to the point he can't talk on the phone.

Ive used PCP analogs in the past to help with my back problems and it absolutely does work. The thing with that is if they are gonna have to be on them for say a week you would need to keep the dose like really low maybe 6-8mgs 3-MeO-PCP twice a day orally if they dont have tolerance.

Then for times when the pain is severe maybe mix in a 25-30mg dose of DMXE twice a day especially if combined cuz they will synergize. These drugs would absolutly help them to treat the pain without Opioids. In fact i find the a hefty dose of a dissos to cover pain even better.

Sure Ketamine would help but the duration of it is so short that you would have to be taking more and more every couple hours. With those others they will at least hold the pain at bay for a longer stretch of time. If your just gonna use one the DMXE would be the move. Wish i had an unlimited amount of that stuff, id be the happiest guy around.

Hope your friend feels better ❤️

The friend that was in terrible post-operative pain wrote me to say that the MXPr had been really helpful. They used 14mg on top of their meds and other interventions, saying that "the loud pain receded, I felt more present rather than less but in reverent and joyous ways. Moments were musical and colorful and tasty and lasted forever and made me cry happy tears. Wasn’t expecting the deep presence. Body still very much there but more like a silly toy with with to experience the world rather than a deep yanking source of suffering."

I’ve used dissociatives for pain but the side effects majorly outweigh the benefits. I’m just not someone that can function day to day on dissos. Opiates may not kill the pain as well but their pain killing/side effect ratio is much better.

-GC

The friend that was in terrible post-operative pain wrote me to say that the MXPr had been really helpful. They used 14mg on top of their meds and other interventions, saying that "the loud pain receded, I felt more present rather than less but in reverent and joyous ways. Moments were musical and colorful and tasty and lasted forever and made me cry happy tears. Wasn’t expecting the deep presence. Body still very much there but more like a silly toy with with to experience the world rather than a deep yanking source of suffering."

What a beautiful description! Well done

I’ve used dissociatives for pain but the side effects majorly outweigh the benefits. I’m just not someone that can function day to day on dissos. Opiates may not kill the pain as well but their pain killing/side effect ratio is much better.

-GC
That makes sense. I think in this case, being bedbound and debilitatiled with acute rather than chronic pain, they're not as impacted by loss of functionality. I'm really leery of how sneakily addictive dissos can be--even more so if there's chronic pain. The post-op pain was causing spasms that were causing more pain in a spiraling feedback loop, so I ended up being glad that they had MXPr on hand for situations like that.

That makes sense. I think in this case, being bedbound and debilitatiled with acute rather than chronic pain, they're not as impacted by loss of functionality. I'm really leery of how sneakily addictive dissos can be--even more so if there's chronic pain. The post-op pain was causing spasms that were causing more pain in a spiraling feedback loop, so I ended up being glad that they had MXPr on hand for situations like that.

This was acute surgery pain on my end too. I just hate feeling disso’d out unless I’m like ready to go lay down lol. My walking is majorly impaired, can hardly talk. I’d have to be screaming in agony for dissos to be the right choice for me.

-GC

Personally most dissios except Ket makes my chronic pain worse.
Esp the days after ive taken them.

Not sure exactly why but i suspect they cause alot of downstream issues with inflammation and have various activity that causes a rebound effect.
Also being numb to pain during the high can masc bad behavior like sitting in weird positions or cause tension that you dont notice during the high.

Ket works short term but if i take it for a prolonged time it can also cause flareups.

Did you know, the standard pain relieve for severe widespread vurns is a mixture of ketamine & morphine, in the same drip. Wonder why?

My friend has had severe back problems a while ago and reported great temporary pain-relief from MXPr, granted the doses he used were fairly large (75mg+, oral). He also only used it for a short period of time and then switched to kratom, mainly because of safety concerns and funcionality reasons.

Functionality reasons ok, it interferes with motor and cognitive function, but it pisses me off when I read shit about mxe etc being urotoxic. There are no recoded human cases of mxe urotoxicity and the study they all quote, from China involved doses, which if xferred to humans, would result in 24 hour a day dissociative anaesthesia. Stinks of a state sponsored hatchet job, just like when they claimed LSD caused chromosomal damage...