• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dissolving opioids in coffee?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
[for reasons, wanted my morphine to be more effective and worker more quickly, don't have access to needles]

I noticed the morphine ER 60s I have, on the leaflet thing that comes in the pack it says "Do not crush, break or chew" which I took to mean "...unless you want the full dose to hit your system like a bolt of lightening" - which I do.

So I peeled the film of a couple of the tablets, crushed them, and dissolved them in a cup of coffee. And WOW, the effects hit me very quickly (minutes) and notably stronger than usual. A big difference.
I should note that this was also on an empty stomach, I've lost about 30lbs (20+% of my body weight) recently, and have also eaten very little lately which may have contributed to things.

Is it JUST the dissolving-in-a-liquid thing that did this? Or does the HOT liquid, or the caffeine, make a difference?

Anyone done/do anything similar to this?

in the freezing winter in Canada when my chronic pain started I would get a large hot tea from Tim Hortons and take my oral Oxy-IR 5mg X 4-6 tablets (Oxycodone) and a single Hydromorph-Contin 9mg XR capsule (Hydromorphone), and that steaming hot tea would cause a noticeable speed of onset as it would dissolve the compressed tablets and hard XR beads of HM

a tablet in cold water will stay in tact for 10min +
a tablet in HOT water will rapidly dissolve in less than 60sec with a single fast swirl of the cup.

like in a dishwasher, the compressed chalky pellet of detergent will dissolve in the hot water in the wash cycle

I actually had a pill bottle from a pharmacy that had a sticker placed on it, stating do not consume with hot beverages lol, they got it right. They knew this would cause a more rapid onset of the medication inside the patient

when I make my oral Brampton Cocktail, I add all tablets, XR beads, raw API powder, etc into thick glass and add a little Hot water, swirl the glass around in 40-60seconds and everything falls apart and completely dissolves into a single milky cloudy solution. Add some cool orange juice to mask the bitter taste, little cool Brita water, and down the catch like a quick shot lol. Then I make a Jin 2.oz cocktail and have a cigarette once the onset creeps in lol

Methadone 80mg (3 tablets + little extra)
Ritalin 50-60mg (XR beads pulverized with glass motor&pastle)
Valium 20-30mg (2 to 3 tablets)
Pregabalin 300mg (API powder)
Cannabis Indica 5mg (oil placed under my tongue after the drink)
Ethanol - Jin 2.oz ginger ale

my standard daily Brampton Cocktail (customized) :)

Throw those stinkstick tobacco bundles in a dang stew pot. I only smoke cigarettes on MDxx plus once for 15 years.