Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissolving LSD in Dropper and Achieving Accurate Dosages

YimYam

Greenlighter
Hi Bluelight's,

I am a newbie to this drug and intend to use this in liquid form for medicinal reasons. In my particular circumstance I have a 300mcg tab, I want to dilute it down into 10mcg or 5mcg per drop/dosage (300/10 or 300/5). I understand for this I will need 30/60ml of distilled water and a dropper. This bit I understand, what I am struggling to get my head round is finding the right dropper and information which can help provide me with confidence of achieving a consistently reliable dosage.

What I have read is that the volume of diluted LSD coming out of the dropper can vary significantly from one dropper to the other. This frighten's me a little as I intend to experiment with this drug in a very controlled manner, being on low dose (5-25mcg) over a couple of months or so.

So my question is, what methods or tools do "the experienced one's" here use to achieve the most reliably, consistent and accurate dosages?

This be the dropper's I intend to use, seems fine to me but if any UK users who have experience with this sort of stuff know where I can get a better one etc, I'm all ears!

http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/amber-glass-bottle-with-dropper-30ml

Thanks. :)

All the best,
YY

IMO the only way to compensate for the inaccuracy of using drops as measuring method is diluting even more. That way the measurement error should average out, you could try 3 ug per drop or something but I wouldn't go crazy and go even lower. In all honesty that would be overcautious in my eyes.
I'm no expert, but I also imagine that you want a relatively narrow hole from which drops form so that it's only the surface tension that determines the volume of the drop, and not too much physics coming from the liquid in the bottle.
Soon I plan on experimenting with liquid AL-LAD, an analogue of LSD. And I want to make 25 ug per drop or so, just so that I can choose a dose properly that is not in increments of 100 which seems silly. I think I am going for the type of dropper bottle that dispenses drops right of the bottle, no pipette attached in the inside in the cap. That way you can keep going until its all gone, with minimal evaporation from opening the bottle entirely frequently.

Using a very controlled strategy is smart and safe, but there are limits beyond it's just not really meaningful anymore and you risk getting cramped about the whole thing. You'll be fine!

Despite the low doses, be wary of tolerance.

Also, consider having at least 20% of alcohol in there by using half vodka half distilled water, if you are keeping it for extended periods of time you want to keep moldy precipitation type stuff out of there by conserving it somehow!

welcome to bluelight / PD!

Last edited:
When you get your dropper fill it up with a known volume of water and empty it, counting how many drops you get. Do this a few times to see how much it can vary, maybe calculate an average and then fill it up with your LSD solution accordingly.

Droppers are not the way to go if you want a calibrated delivery device.

If you want a reliable way to measure it, make a solution of sufficient dilution to produce a weighable volume on a ~10mg scale (something like 100 mcg / mL), and weigh (don't measure by volume) the solution to dose it.

I'm bumping this thread in search of answers. I'm trying to figure out if making a dropper vial of 1p-LSD with ethanol is a good idea or not. I mean, people sell L in sweet breath mint dropper bottles meant to be one dose per drop, so I would think that this would be a decent way to dose 1p albeit less accurate. Would it be best to use 95% alcohol or use a mix of lower % plus h20 as mentioned above? Thanks