• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Dissociatives and remote viewing

Dogamine

Greenlighter
So when I was younger I would take large doses of dxm with a blindfold on. Eventually I could see through my eyelids and the bandana I was wearing over my eyes perfectly. All the details were there, some flat surfaces may have been altered.

I would walk around for hours like this, cooking, playing video games, etc and forget my eyes were closed.

Some would say this was memory, some might say its your third eye opening some might say your viewing reality at a different frequency.

I have a question about all of this. Im not encouraging people to try it, what im suggesting can be dangerous for a number of reasons. Im just looking for feedback from anyone with experience with this phenomena.

I never did go outside when this was happening or to a place I was unfamiliar with. What would happen if you were having this xray vision and you went to a place that was unfamiliar to you? Would you still be able to see? If so, wouldnt the implications of that be very significant to our understanding of consciousness?

Ive only experienced this with dxm, I have never done another type of dissociative, im also curious if anybody has experienced this with other substances.

Interested. I will say I am highly skeptical that this actually represented any kind of psychic ability rather than simple familiarity with your environment, compensation from other senses and self delusion.

I have a genetic condition which means I have very poor night vision. On ketamine comedowns and some other dissos however, my night vision improves to an almost impossible degree in pitch blackness. But - I am in a very familiar environment, I know where everything is. I haven't tried to do anything dangerous like cooking in the dark, mind. Also, these video games... were you playing with others, and did you have any measure that you had actually made some progress and weren't just imagining it?

I always say this though - I would love for someone to demonstrate a true supernatural phenomenon on a psychedelic or dissociative drug. Have you tried this since? Would you be willing to set up some controlled experiments? Did you ever have anyone with you who could verify your claims?

If the answer is yes to either of the last 2 questions - please, please, for the good of the entire human race - try again to gain access to this ability in a scientific, repeatable way, and document your findings.

Without that, unfortunately it's just one of many interesting but unlikely stories - even if it's true, even if it did happen the way you say it did. If you can't document it in some way, we have a reality conflict here, in that our subjective realities do not overlap to a sufficient degree for any useful knowledge to transfer between them, which is a real shame. Please, please, do your best to break down that wall between our respective universes.

Well, I wasn't trying to test it, like I said id forget about the blindfold only realizing I still had it on hours later. Id have double vision often after doses so id have one eye closed, and light would be too bright at times so id close my eyes. I put a blindfold on and listened to music. Then I "opened" my eyes and went to the bathroom. I saw myself in the mirror with the blindfold, it blew my mind.

Id love to do this in a controlled setting, the problem is I abused the hell out of dxm and I dont know if I can get there again, this was 15 years ago.

As far as the games, I didnt know I had the blindfold at the time. I wasnt so far gone that I was holing, I was walking around, very active. The sounds on the game matched what I was seeing. I was playing marvel vs capcom 2.

Is it possible to pick up infrared spectrums of light? Maybe somehow my visible spectrum was enhanced? Ive had a similair experience sober. I awoke from a dream and saw a lizard on my carpet, I had dreaming of the exact thing. It was a seamless transition. This had never happened before, it wasnt a thing id ever expect, it was completely random. Ill probably never understand these events, but im convinced there are ways to see without eyes.

The questions you ask are exactly what im curious about, was this just subconcious memories and sound cues? Or was something else going on? Im not the only one this has happened to, its a thing with dxm apparently.

Is it possible to pick up infrared spectrums of light?
Some humans retinal cells are sensitive to certain higher wavelengths of infrared, but not enough to resolve any kind of image out of it, and not to the extent that you'd be able to see through a blindfold.

Maybe somehow my visible spectrum was enhanced?
Hmmmmm... maybe. But, there is no mechanism to explain how this would possibly happen, and it's also not clear what kind of enhancement would enable you to see an if you had an opaque facial covering on. Perhaps your eyes are sensitive to background x- and gamma radiation, neutrino flux and other exotic particles than could be resolved - theoretically - through a blindfold. But, probably not.

a similair experience sober. I awoke from a dream and saw a lizard on my carpet, I had dreaming of the exact thing. It was a seamless transition. This had never happened before, it wasnt a thing id ever expect, it was completely random. Ill probably never understand these events,
Coincidence? You woke up previously but were essentially unconscious, opened your eyes briefly and resumed dreaming? The lizard made some other noise that you somehow associated with a lizard?

but im convinced there are ways to see without eyes.
There are - certain blind people are able to learn to use a form of echolocation, and there have been various technologies to build on this method of viewing the world with cameras that translate light into patterns of sound that can be learned to be interpreted. Additionally, it's conceivable although not yet really proven that our eyes could be replaced by cybernetic enhancements - or that direct brain interfaces could be used to connect to external cameras at some point in the future. Additionally blind or eyeless people frequently report detailed visual hallucinations, especially if they were not blind since birth. In this sense they are "seeing without eyes", but it's not light that they're seeing. If what you mean is, you're convinced it's possible to see visible light, without eyes, without any futuristic technological aids... well, I would say you are likely wrong about this, in the absence of some as yet undiscovered supernatural ability possessed by humans that somehow allows them to detect photons in the air around them in sufficient quantities to construct an image, without occluding those same photons, and casting shadows with the psychic vision or whatever.

The questions you ask are exactly what im curious about, was this just subconcious memories and sound cues? Or was something else going on? Im not the only one this has happened to, its a thing with dxm apparently.
You were on a powerful psychoactive drug and you remember things happening that are not physically possible according to the laws of our universe. The obvious conclusion is that you did not, in fact, tap into a latent supernatural ability, sadly. But if you think you did please do test it.

I'm aware there are many reports of strange goings on with DXM, although they are all typically vague, unverifiable, anecdotal, "I was walking down the street on DXM" and the streetlights flickered as I walked by, "electrical appliances always go wrong when I'm on DXM around them, yadda yadda"... someone please videotape this stuff, keep a journal, something.

It's a known property of dissociative drugs that they increase perception of "synchronicities", strange coincidences, that seem almost supernatural, as well as more advanced delusions depending how often you take them. So we have a class of drug known for inducing delusional thinking, memory distortions, increased perception of coincidences, ego delusions that lead one to believe you are close to or have indeed unlocked some kind of secret about reality... and on these particular drugs, we have a vague chatter of anecdotal reports of strange coincidences, supernatural events, people becoming convinced they have supernatural powers. There are a few possibilities here but one of them is overwhelmingly more likely than the rest.

I dont think theres anything supernatural about it, I understand the scepticism, but in my timeline it happened 100%. I would have knocked things over or broke my nose on a wall. The blindfold was not opaque, it was total darkness. I had a beanie pulled down and a multilayered black bandana.

As far as I know infrared light would pass through the blindfolds easier than other light, if you shine it through a glass of coca cola it will appear as if its water with infrared goggles.

The game I was playing had sound cues for every action, jump sounds, dash sounds, almost everything had a sound. Its possible that I was able to accurately piece together the fights from sound alone. The crazy thing is that there are like 60 characters in the game, I couldnt tell you the order of characters when I played everyday. But somehow it was in my memory.

Something else to consider..

"Evidence from morphology and developmental biology suggests that pineal cells possess a common evolutionary ancestor with retinal cells. Pineal cytostructure seems to have evolutionary similarities to the retinal cells of the lateral eyes."

So maybe we do have another way to see? This experience changed me, it made the universe magical again.

Well I have had various experiences.. with meditations and dex.

The idea is that the dissociated eye.. can actually see through the vibration..

Or can actually receive and interpret various and different parts of the spectrum of light..

Well I have had various experiences.. with meditations and dex.

The idea is that the dissociated eye.. can actually see through the vibration..

Or can actually receive and interpret various and different parts of the spectrum of light..
Ah, so you know about it to. Its wild isnt it? It seems like a distant dream, but then I remember it really happened and it still blows my mind.

Look at it this way, if you brought our technology back in time, it would be considered supernatural or magical. Once we can explain whats going on, it just becomes science. With all these substances being studied lately, I wouldnt be surprised if we make discoveries that change our whole understanding of "consciousness".

It's possible to see without using the physical eyes and yes it's a form of remote viewing. You can remote view at a distance or you can remote view right in front of you. You can even watch yourself from the third person. Dissociatives like DXM and ketamine kind of force this ability, along with third eye opening, so it's not natural. To describe why would get into some complicated energy dynamics. Basically, if you force energy upward strong enough and for long enough, you'll force open psychic ability, but it's not healthy. Dissociatives are one form of this.

Is there a way to do it "naturally"? Do you think dissciatives make getting there easier or harder later on?

I hadnt used anything a few years before this and I was having lucid dreams every night. Anytime it rains or there's audible winds I have them to this day. But I remember the moment I fell asleep, everything was black, id have to be patient and will my settings into existence, this was after I was consciously making them happen as opposed to spontaneously when they started happening. When I closed my eyes on dxm I saw translucent lines forming the "skeleton" of my surroundings and I would will the rest of the details into existance. They came into view like you were pulling down a projector screen.

If any of you had this "xray" vision sort of phenemena did you also have lucid dreams regularly? I think there is a link between the two.

The way to do it naturally would be the cultivation methods seen in Daoism, Yoga, Tantric and the Vedic texts. It would require a refined lifestyle, meditation, dealing with emotional blockage (to unblock the kundalini channel), and then various careful energy raising techniques.

But all of these systems point out something important... psychic abilities are not the goal, they are a side effect on the road to realization and enlightenment. Think of it this way... the world we are living in, Samsara, is an illusion. If you are convinced it's real then you will never be liberated. That's why getting attached to psychic manifestations is seen as a bad thing... because they are just more illusions arising from Samsara, in the experience realm. It's just more temporary experience, even if it seems amazing. You can't get sucked into it if you want to be free, and isn't freedom from suffering what we're all really after, at the end of the day?

To answer your other question... lucid dreaming is an astral level event. In other words you are already semi or fully separated from your body, but at a lower level where the functions of the body-mind are still influencing perception. So the out of body experience gets intermixed with the dream state. That's why vivid dreams can feel real yet their content doesn't seem to make sense. The underlying occurrence is real but the mind-body projection is not. If you lucid dream regularly then your psychic faculties are probably already somewhat developed. It wouldn't take much to astral project beyond that point, which is different than remote viewing.

Going back to what I was saying before -- you have to ask yourself why you want psychic abilities so bad. What do you think they're going to get you? Will they ease your suffering? Will they bring you freedom or more complication? I'm psychic but often wish I wasn't. The only way it has benefited me is that it has granted me insight, and I've used that insight to resolve spiritual questions... but the phenomena themselves are just more Samsaric bullshit. If it's already happening naturally, then it's just part of who you are and it's one more layer of the appearance level of Samsara to detangle. Using it to understand yourself may be as far as you're willing to go, but for me it never solved my feelings of existentialism. In fact the phenomena made me feel worse because psychic people are rare and the world just thinks you're crazy, so I felt even more alone. Anyway, each of us have our own path and maybe yours is just to have some fun with it, I don't know.

Last edited:
To me its just a way to understand reality and myself better. The the goal is to lessen my attachment to the physical realm and dissolve my ego. Selfishly it would be nice to not waste my sleeping hours on unconciousness. Id like to be able to work on myself (get away from myself) during periods of rest.

I try to keep things very simple, I enjoy simple pleasures like the aroma and taste of a piece of fruit or the cool breeze of an overcast day. I definately try to live in the moment.

I don't know much about remote viewing except that I can't do it. It's different from AP but similar enough. I'd guess it requires complete conscious awareness just like AP

Some people unlock different channels on drugs. I have been able to go into different dimensions and see through objects, but not remote view. That's more like an ability to describe events going on in another room in your house or right outside your window. I'm not sure but I think it's a pretty rare ability since AP is well known and a lot of people do it, but I'm led to believe astral projecting is an ability and not just anyone can do it successfully; some people have a natural ability and I'm one of those people

I don't know much about remote viewing except that I can't do it. It's different from AP but similar enough. I'd guess it requires complete conscious awareness just like AP

Some people unlock different channels on drugs. I have been able to go into different dimensions and see through objects, but not remote view. That's more like an ability to describe events going on in another room in your house or right outside your window. I'm not sure but I think it's a pretty rare ability since AP is well known and a lot of people do it, but I'm led to believe astral projecting is an ability and not just anyone can do it successfully; some people have a natural ability and I'm one of those people

I think you can do it. Set an alarm to go off hourly, look at your hand, do a reality check. Do this till it becomes habit and it will carry over into your dreams. When you do it in a dream youll become lucid and from there it just takes practice and repetition. It will work eventually.

I practised a method from a book some years ago. I could never manage to stay conscious or conscious of it like you're supposed to be

I also had lucid dreams growing up. When I learned to astral project they went away forever. But yeah, I have a habit of doing it in bed (AP) and if anyone sees me I'm sure it looks like I'm passed out. I'm not conscious in any real sense even doing it during the day, sitting on the couch

I used to have some of it on MXE, where I would just look my legs, or any surface, and see visuals. I would see scetchy figures appearing in the air.

This also seems like it could have been inspired by dissociatives.