View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dissociative tolerance

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
How does disso tolerance work? How long does it take to build? How long should you wait before it goes back to 0?

Simple questions with complex answers and many different factors that determine the exact nature of the tolerance. Can you give us more information about what you have been using, how you intend to use it? Tolerance isn't entirely bad thing for dissociatives IMO. there is a 'sweet spot' of tolerance in which positive effects are maximized and side effects are minimum. Zero tolerance must be treaded lightly lest it get messy, and high tolerance is just a waste of material and a threat to health eventually. I have a section in my MXE book about tolerance that describes more about it, and how I attempted to keep tolerance in check while using as much as I could get away with!

That's a tough question. I've honestly noticed that my MXE trips are more intense and profound the more frequent I take it, while when I wait months between, it is indeed suddenly very intense, but somehow less pleasurable and more difficult to gain positive insight from.

In terms of it going back down to zero, I've heard from others that their disso tolerance was never fully reset even after months off, and I've noticed a similar issue myself. Simply put, once you've been into dissos for a while, there's no returning to that novel naivety you had at the start.

I still try to space my doses by months, but only because my supply of MXE is dwindling, not because I expect my tolerance to entirely disappear. It's like with weed; after a month off, sure you get super stoned, but it's not that exciting novel high that it once was... you can never get that back :(

Since everyone is different and each drug is different (not even mentioning cross tolerance/partial cross tolerance between different dissociatives), I recommend taking the path of self-discovery to tune into your personal sweet spot. I like to think of use as a ratio of on days to off days. If you want to maximize use and hit the sweet spot but also keep it (relatively) safe I would start around a ratio of 1:4 and go from there. For instance, use 2 days out of a week, and every few weeks take a slightly longer break by using only once that week. Some drugs, like MXE, work pretty well using up to 2 or 3 days in a row (even with multiple redoses each day as long as they arent large doses), while drugs like DXM work better with at least a few days in between doses.
I've used 3-meo-pcp many days in a row, and as long as you don't redose into oblivion and have a ground on reality you can have some serious antidepressant effects and be very functional. But you will definitely want to cycle it by giving a couple days off for each day you used it. so 3 days in a row followed by 6 days off for instance. However, the most sustainable use is only on weekends. I know a guy who has been doing that a long time and is still basking in the magic.

One last thing, if you do find yourself with an unacceptably high tolerance or if side effects are seeping in to daily life (like depression or mood swings when not using), take a month off and see where you are then.

I'm not a heavy user of dissociatives or anything. I'm just wondering how fast tolerance will build, and how long to wait for future reference in case I do end up getting more into K. Recently I have been using glaucine once every few days for the past couple weeks. On top of that, I took 210mg DXM about 3 days ago, then last night I took a fat bump of K (unknown dose). I plan on possibly doing another big bump of K tonight. I don't expect to get answers based on that info, but I hope it helps.

It will probably take consecutive days of use to really induce tolerance but I would suspect 1-2 weeks would be necessary for a little tolerance to form. Tolerance is ultimately receptor down regulation but that's kinda hard to explain. But when you stop using a drug your receptors will up regulate so you'll be more sensitive, so if you gain tolerance you can just stop for a while.

It Tolerance is ultimately receptor down regulation but that's kinda hard to explain. But when you stop using a drug your receptors will up regulate so you'll be more sensitive

I know that it's tempting to pull that explanation for it's simplicity, but I guess reality is a little bit more complex. Tolerance could also be caused by enzyme upregulation, neurotoxicity, synaptic plasticity, even psychological/behavioral adequation.