View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dissociative induced neurotoxicity in long-term users

dopamimetic

Bluelighter
I did use deschloroketamine daily for 3 years. Don't tell me that was stupid, I know it but I was desperate for escape after the first serious breakup after 9 years of relationship, leaving me friend- and homeless in a foreign country. I remembered the solace DXM and MXE gave me and quickly found the back-then new deschloroketamine. Deliberately began using daily. Over these three years I had quite some adverse effects including auditory hallucinations, bladder irritation (mild), water retention in my legs and at some point stuttering which resolved itself despite continuing use. I simply didn't care and believed suicide were the only other way. Calculated from my orders I believe that I used maybe .75g a day. I was also using morphine during the later 2 years, and was all the time besides the last year on venlafaxine 150mg. The maybe most fucked up fact is that I got the morphine on legit doc's prescription after asking the local drug addiction clinic for something legal to replace my dissociative use. They only knew DXM and thought it was an opioid so I got offered methadone or morphine and thought these must be kind of the ultimate chemical pleasure so I accepted gladly. But in the end I just began consuming both drugs.

Now I am off any dissociative or opioid for 2.5 years with a brief relapse around the 1 year mark, used 5g DCK and then stopped again. Most of the adverse effects recovered themselves after weeks to months of abstinence but what I think remains is an exacerbated ADHD. I literally can't focus for more than 5 mins without getting distracted and am constantly switching between activities. I am living abroad and am desperate for learning Spanish but I just can't focus. Before the dissociatives I always had good marks and learning was easy.

Anybody else with a similar usage pattern of a dissociative, do you also suffer from side effects. I cannot be completely sure that it's the DCK to blame because of the other drugs involved but I think chances are that it is this way. Never heard of opioids exacerbating ADHD. But venlafaxine might have played its part, I also suffer from post-SSRI sexual dysfunction which seems to be related to low dopamine.

I remember reading a PubMed paper where they screened ketamine users for abnormalities in the MRI and found that people using at least .5g of K for 6 months or more had liquid-filled vacuoles in the brain. My usage was certainly above that level. Does this mean I should get a MRI? But what's the point in paying to know whether I have brain damage or not if there is no treatment?