• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Discolour in tips of leafs?

junkie skumbag

Bluelighter
Hey guys n gals I couldn't find the growing thread so I've made a new thread...I've had some auto flowering plants growing for about 2.5-3 weeks now they've been budding for about a week and a bit now and on one of the wild Thai ryders the tips of the leafs are going yellow and Turing brown...it's been quite a whole since I've had any problems growing so I've forgotten what this means,does this mean my plant is lacking in nitrogen??

Here's some pics u can see what I'm talking about in the I eat 2 pictures...sorry the quality isn't the best I was using my phone and my HPS light plays tricks with the camera

http://m.imgur.com/BgmLnKs,OGYQuax,QKpOLA8,thQXWRc

From the picture, it's hard to tell, but it seems to be just the fan leaves.

This often happens when the plants are flowering as the plant will be using nutrients from the big fan leaves to help power the flowering process. I've never grown auto-flowering strains before though.

I've never grown cannabis but I grow hot chilies, and lots of other plants. When the leaves turn yellow it's from over watering, and lack of nutrients.

If you took the plants out from under the sodium lamps and put them in normal coloured light we would be better able to tell.

If you say the tips are going brown that could be a sign of over fertilisation. That is a stab in the dark though because it's impossible to tell from that photo. Yellow/brown tips are a classic sign of nute burn but it could be so many other things.

Does it look anything like this (albeit to a lesser degree)?
nutrient_burn_4.jpg

I will take a photo of the plant tomorrow morning as I have to move em outside for a rent inspection :/ ummm I DOES look a lot like that picture but way less severe...I'll update tomorrow morning at about 9am ;)

Then that really does sounds as if it's nutrient burn. It starts off way less severe than in the photo that but it gives you an idea of what to look for. If I were you I would back off on the nutes all together and just use plain water. Unless you've given an overdose of nutrients I wouldn't bother flushing since flushing can't get rid off a gradual crystallisation of mineral salts, so just use plain water until the plants recover. .

Do you know if there's there something wrong with your tapwater? Like are your local gardeners in the area unable to grow things like tomatoes with tapwater okay? If they can then I would just personally stick to tapwater because it's going to be better for your plants than distilled water.

If you're doing something like a hydroponic hempy bucket with the Lucas formula then people sometimes like to use RO water but for you I would just stick to plain old water that hasn't had the mineral content stripped away.

Last edited:
Ummm well I tried growing tomatoes out doors but had no success but I don't think it had anything to d

Pretty sure the tap waters ok. My mate had very similar looking tip burn to that and the buds turned out fine. He was a bit heavy on the ferts. Yours dont look too bad from what I can see through those harsh lights. I reckon you will be fine but maybe dial back the ferts a tiny bit when you start feeding it again. The buds look like they are coming along nicely though.

Last edited: