Technical Problem Disappearing posts

Vader

Bluelight Crew
This thread had 23 posts earlier, and now when I view it I only see 20. One of the posts that has vanished is from radric davis, and two are mine. I could also swear that the number of views has dropped. Any idea what's going on? Sorry if this has been answered, TFSE was not helpful.

It is possible that the db needed to be restored after the upgrade and lost quite a few posts is my guess.

OK, so this is unlikely to be a recurring problem then? Thanks for the swift response.

Doubtful, although I believe this is 1 of 2 upgrades (see announcements) so may lose some.

Yea we've gotten some complaints about that in staff too. It looks like it was only the most recent posts that were made when the site went down for a while this morning. Hopefully everyone can just rewrite anything that was lost. :) I know it is frustrating though :\

This was not a software upgrade, so those 'hiccups' still loom in the future :D

This was instead an upgrade of our HD, which means the entire db was copied at one point from HD1 to HD2...meanwhile, people kept replying to HD1....now we're live on HD2 (faster, no?) and in that transition, a few hours of posts and replies got lost. This should not occur again :D

I can't type as quick as i used to be able to, so i think the old HDD was quicker. please go back to that one ;)

It does seem improved

I lost the post I left few hours ago. Is the problem fixed?

^This post... 2 posts above your own... should answer your question ;)

This was instead an upgrade of our HD, which means the entire db was copied at one point from HD1 to HD2...meanwhile, people kept replying to HD1....now we're live on HD2 (faster, no?) and in that transition, a few hours of posts and replies got lost. This should not occur again :D

But you are free to make up replacements and add them at this time. :D

^ Sure, I will:)

^This post... 2 posts above your own... should answer your question
I don't post without reading the thread. :)
I am in a different timezone, so I don't know what you guys mean by morning, but I lost 2(or maybe more) posts, the second one was posted 6 hours later after the first one. So, I was wondering if the problem still persist(seems it doesn't). Sorry, if I didn't make it clear.

For the sake of stating it, during that time, any PMs sent were also lost...but people still received email notifications for receiving them, so just something else to keep in mind if you sent a private message around that time, and wondering why you haven't gotten a reply.