View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

diphenhydramine question

bobbb12

Greenlighter
So a bird had some allergy medicine he noticed it was diphenhydramine hcl. He remembered how his friend had a benadryl experience. Curious he looks up some information and reads and reads he knew all the negatives and that their was no positives pretty much.Still it made the bird more curious to spend the night with insanity what a adventure! So about 5 hours after he ate at 1:00 am took 550 mgs he took them in groups of two sometimes four. Time flew he got numb and heavy blurry vision dark rooms became darker weird nausea feeling. It was almost 3:00 nothing changed he was still in a drunken state I'd say no auditory or visuals at all well if he looked at a picture hard it would move slightly disappointed he went to sleep at 3:30 maybe a bit before. My questions are. Why didn't it work he is a little bird not weighing more then 135 so 550 mgs should have been more then enough right? Did he go to sleep too early? Should he take the pills in larger groups? Feed back is greatly appreciated thank you

Pretty sure we don't use the identity masking nouns here like you were in your post but i'm not sure why they didn't work for you. Do you have a tolerance to other delerients?

No first time I've ever done delerients. Well the few day I got em I took 100 mg each day but just for allergy reasons that wouldn't make my tolerance go up right? Did I possibly fall alsep to fast?

Oh also I feel the "hang over" nausea out of it especially when I smoke, blurry vision so is it possible I just have a high tolerance for it?

It would be less damaging if you just looked into getting ambien from a doc . Sniff 10mg on a totally empty stomach 0 tolerance you trip like all hell.

Coming from someone who's done a lotta drugs and made the several mistakes of doing ones that he knew jack shit about, I'd suggest you research this OTC bs and find out exactly what it is you're doing before you consider trying this again

That heaviness you feel? That's your brain slowly shutting it's self down. Diphenhydramine causes brain damage (so do other anticholinergic deleriants, like datura and the like). DO NOT take it in high doses.

Diphenhydramine is literally the most fucked up drug I've ever done (and I've done basically everything).

Aside from the fact it's not good for you (which as drug users, I think we've all resigned ourselves to a bit of danger-- everyone's line is different)

Doesn't matter how much experience with tripping you have, as (unless you've done other deliriants) nothing can prepare you for a benadryl trip.

For me (I weigh 140) between 400-500 mg is plenty to make me trip balls.
I don't know what other drugs you do, your tolerances, or your tolerance to diphenhydramine.
But if you smoke weed I suggest you do that about 25-35 min after taking the pills. It goes a long way in the hallucinations (which are true hallucinations BTW, not like LSD or Shrooms)
Idk if you have access to/do opiates, bit a light dosage enhances the trip quite a bit.
You just have to be careful and know how much you can handle so you don't get overly depressed breathing.

All in all I'd say do this:
T+0:00 - take 350mg within 10 minutes
T+0:15 - take a LIGHT opiate dose (I use bupe personally, but if you don't have an opiate tolerance take like 5-10mg Hydrocodone... Or whatever is a similar dosage for your tolerance... This step is optional but it helps)
T+0:20 - Drink caffeine, it will enhance the trip and help you stay awake (just don't overdo it, for me I drink about 100mg which is half my normal daily dose)
T+0:25 - smoke weed (optional but highly recommended if you want to have a lot of hallucinations)
T+0:40 take another 100mg diphenhydramine (repeat if you aren't tripping in the next hour + a half)
T+1:00 - smoke more weed if you wish.
And from there you should trip hard-- I'd highly recommend a sitter but I never had one.
Probably best if you have them do their own thing and just keep an eye on you as you'll be in your own little world.

Also make sure to get several bottles of water ready to stay hydrated.

If you smoke cigs I'd have some, but also get snus or something smokeless that you can put in and forget, as you may burn yourself/drop cigs, etc.

Don't expect visuals to be "distortions", you will straight up see people/animals/things that are not there.
I've hung out with people for hours just to realize they were never there. Prepare for a mindfuck.

Personally I'd advise you not to take more than 600mg. If you don't trip with this method by 600, you may as well give up trying. Anything above 600 is far too dangerous for me to recommend.

Also try to stay awake for like 5 hours.
For me it takes about 2-2.5hours to peak.

Anyway it's not for the faint of heart, if you trip there will be times that you will be very uncomfortable or scared. (Opiates will help with that though)

It's very intense, but I don't regret it and have done it several times.

Do some research and above all be safe.

No first time I've ever done delerients. Well the few day I got em I took 100 mg each day but just for allergy reasons that wouldn't make my tolerance go up right? Did I possibly fall alsep to fast?

100mg per day will definitely increase your tolerance.

I'd suggest taking 2 days off before tripping.

Maybe you have a naturally high tolerance to anticholingergics?
Either way I'm not sure if you REALLY know what you're getting yourself in to.
If you're looking for a fun time don't do DPH, the high will either be interesting but not really recreational or fucking terrifying

Personally for me, 550 milligrams taken in 11 50mg capsules is a enough for me to trip and hallucinate. I weigh close to 160 pounds, and my first time at 550 milligrams, it didn't hit me for like 2 hours so I'm freaking out wondering whether it was a waste of time, but then the dry mouth hit and the trip started. Sitting on my bed in my second floor room, I heard people running up and down my steps, had conversations, had the heaviness and numbness. If it doesn't hit at the dosage you took, then it's probably just your body. I tend to ramble on like this.

Do you have a source for this? I've never heard that before.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...l-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100713111724.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697587/

I don't have a source for this one but I read somewhere that there was a tribe that used datura as an initiation ceremony for boys. A bunch of them died, and the ones who survived lost many memories. They used datura because the children "forgot what it was like to be boys so they could learn how to kill"

100mg of DPH is a lot to take every day for allergies. hell, I pretty much never take more than 25mg myself. If I take even 50mg for sleep, I get restless legs. I'm sure taking as much as 100mg a day will raise your tolerance a good bit. However, be warned. As pointed out by CrypticArc, anti-cholinergics are actually bad for your brain and linked to dementia. They are not a class of drug I'd be taking more than needed of. I'd back off on benadryl and another other anti-cholinergics if possible, even if you have to suffer worse allergies. Just because you don't feel as many subjective effects as others would from the same dosage does not mean it's affecting your brain negatively any less.