• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diphenhydramine mixing and solo (opiates/benzos)

DillionisUP

Bluelighter
Haven't posted recently but I had a few questions oriented around diphenhydramine in high doses and curiosity regarding health risks.

I have an extensive history with harm-reduced pain-management and an equally extensive history in recreation in the opioid field among others.

If this answer can be found on the site, I apologize, my use of internet is incredibly limited at the moment but with IV doses of opana 30s/dilaudid 4s/morphine 100s and a recent interest I've developed the passed 3 months in diphenhydramine in a quickly increased dosing scale from 200mg a night at the beginning to 700-800mg a night now with aforementioned mixture i can't find any straight foreward answers or detailed explanations of bodily/mental harm I could be unknowingly causing myself.
I'M AWARE IT'S NOT "RECREATIONAL"!
I am a fan of abstract-recreationals and had many experiences with DXM back in the day and semi-recently.

I just would like to know what the specific dangers are aside from respiratory depression. But I am curious about how tolerance of both opioids and DPH affects respiratory depression.

Tonight is my first time with a 2mg xanax and i just dosed 500mg of DPH to see how it goes. (2mg is my max benzo dose before black-outs occur, I rarely take benzos now)

Thank you for your time and I hope I didn't break any rules.
Much love.

Did i read that last part right 500mg of dipenheydrine? Thats a fuckin crazy dose to take i would be in a psych ward if i ever took that much

I would definitely not mix opiates/benzos with a DPH dosage so extreme (a normal dose is like 25mg, right?). I mean if you enjoy being in a delirious, sleep-craving hell, then go for it. Personally, I like taking ONE Benadryl with a medium dose of Vicodin since DPH potentiates opiates. Just remember this-both opiates and benzos can cause respiratory depression, as you said, and if you've done enough opiates/benzos in combination with the DPH, you can stop breathing in your sleep. And good luck being woken up on a 500mg dose of DPH with opes or benzos in you. That would be my biggest concern, asphyxiation in your sleep. Other than that, I've heard of people having severe delirium episodes on high doses of DPH, leading to people being taken to hospitals by parents/roommates/friends. One more thing, my science teacher once told me that regularly taking DPH (even in normal doses) can make you feel like you're having allergy attacks, after you stop taking it for a while. This clears up though, it's basically a withdrawal.

Its diphenhydramine not diphenheydrine. And thank you for the input. Yes I took 200mg with an oxy contin 80 diced into nearly microscopic pieces to increase digestive rate. Not sure how much it requires to potentiate but im giving it a shot.
I have had literally no side effects from diphenhydramine doses between 500-850 mg except for increased heart rate when i don't go to sleep. I know it's not smart to take so much but I have such a hard time sleeping and when I do finally get sleep after 36 to 48+ hours of being awake I wake up constantly throughout the attempt at sleep when I don't take atleast 250/300 mg of diphenhydramine.

500mg and I would be talking to trinity, hunting imaginary cats and smoking cigarettes that arent there.

I guess you build up a tolerance but seriously that isnt healthy at all.
In the long run It probably messes more with your sleep than it helps.
As already mentioned the danger of respiratory depression in combination with opioids/opiates and benzos.
And diphenhydramine can cause heart problems.
Be carefull. Try to find another solution.
You are gambling.