• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diphenhydramine mixed with codein?

Jaysonmlg

Greenlighter
Ok guys I'm new to blue light although have been reading through the forums for about 3 years now. In short I want to take some diphenhydramine, and have taken it once before about 2 years ago. I'm aware of the trip and would be interested in trying it again although I have been drinking lean (promethazyne and codein mixed with sprite) all day. I have taken about 40mL of the syrup in the past 10 hours. Will I be ok to mix them? I want to take the diphenhydramine tonight.

Consuming diphenhydramine can cause anticholinergic syndrome promethazine increases the risk of this

What's the content of the Codeine syrup that you're drinking? Do you realize that Promethazine (Phenergan) and Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) are essentially going to produce the same effect in the body? They are both sedative antihistamines and are practically interchangeable, although one is available only by prescription for some strange reason. We would need to know how much you're intending to take.

If you're talking about 100mg Diphehydramine to enhance your buzz or something like that, I doubt you'll have a big problem, but antihistamines generally don't produce the effects people are after.

Diphenhydramine potentiates opiods. 50-100 mg will double the strength, so you'd have to cut the dose in half. Mixing opiods with hallucinogenic doses of DPH is extremely dangerous and would likely result in overdose.

I agree I never take more than 150 mg and that's for like dry heaving level nausea anything higher causes disturbing side effects and almost what I could best describe as what I'd imagine a severe migraine feels line sounds lights all hurt my head is throbbing I just hear ringing and I can't read text see double can't focus and completely ruins my night

* vague I mean 150 mg of of diphenhydramine with or without or an additional 25 - 75 mg 6-11 hours after that .

Also if your taking antimuscarinic first generation antihistamines with opiates I would think that might further increase the risk of constipation due to the role of mACh in peristaltic contractions that move stool l

I decided to wait until the morning guys. I'm going to keep you updated. I took 300mg (t0:00) and another 200mg (t0:30) I'm not feeling anything yet but I'm going to try to report my trip (if that's allowed on here)

I'm now 50 minutes in and still not feeling anything. Might take another 150mg. What is a safe amount to take? I don't want to accidentally OD..

*edit*

(T+1:00) took another 100mg adding up to 600mg and am starting to feel a tingling sensation but nothing else really.

*re-edit*
(T+1:30)
Just starting to feel a head rush but no real hallucinations. Am going to take another 100mg to add to 700mg)

Last edited:
I just started feeling it and I way about 900 lbs. I haven't taken anything else still at 600ng but want to boost to 1000mg is that safe??

You've already gotten some good responses so feel free to post in Trip Reports when you're finished.

Dude wtf. I just took 125 mg an hour ago and I feel it.

How are you taking 800-1000 mg and still typing in a coherent logical manner. To be honest idek look at erowid trip reports for diphenhydramine your results are so beyond typically what I would predict would happen at that dose.

So your saying you took 800 mg of benadyrl that's 32 tablets and your able to report what's going on in a coherent logical way. I know I sure as hell couldn't. I feel impaired from 125 mg and I have stimulants In my system. Idek hopefully your OK

Yeah D1nach. At 150mg I can still function as for walking and stuff but I can barely speak my voice is so faint and having the Motor coordination skills to type a sentence together on a PC would definitely be a struggle. I couldn't imagine 1G of diphenhydramine but heard a lot of drug reports on similar doses.

As for me I don't think I'd ever surpass my max dose of 300mg, seen some strange blacker than black tall and skinny slender man like figures which moves all crazy. Even in total daylight and they drew the light of everything around them grey. Some scary shit, never again.

Yeah right now I took about 150 mg and had to do some rapping I get the lyrics and practice coping the exact voice and rthymnm ECT to try to get as close as possible if it's to hard I pick a easier rap or a more familiar song and make it progressively harder or if it's way to hard I sing Lana del Ray or Paramore if that's too hard I say it in my head then whisper it. And now I'm on a treadmill practicing walking while staying focused on reading while I got some green tea tobacco and various fibers and I keep missing with speed and incline and breaking reading to rotate my head so everything spinning while still walking then weight training very light for either slow form focusing on feeling the muscles contract and controlling their release and very light speed focusing on moving the weight as fast as possible without loosing form. I don't see how 1000 mg is even possible I was wondering why I'd sometimes wisper

Diphenhydramine potentiates opiods. 50-100 mg will double the strength, so you'd have to cut the dose in half. Mixing opiods with hallucinogenic doses of DPH is extremely dangerous and would likely result in overdose.

Nancy, come on now... That's just not remotely true. I think a more reasonable notion would be a perceived ~20% increase in effects.

If it hasn't already been said, just because you can pick this stuff up at Wal-Mart does not make it totally safe. It's safe when used in the intended manner, but multiplying dosages exponentially can be quite dangerous. Tremors, seizures and potential kidney damage are all possible outcomes of an antihistamine overdose. I don't support the recreational usage of antihistamines to induce delirium as a matter of principle. It's just not safe and people tend to have extremely negative experiences when they raise their dosage to the extreme.

Well I'm ok guys. I boosted up to 1000mg and basically just passed out. I never really had any hallucinations I just got tired and passed ouT on my couch sleeping for abou 14 hours. The only real problem I had was waking up to dry mouth and my leg being restless as sleeping. No trip tho :(

What is a safe amount to take by itself if I wanted to take more at a later point to try to get hallucinations

300-450mg is what you take to 'hallucinate' all though it's not hallucinating, it's delirium. As close as fear as you can get in tablet form. Some users report it taking a long time to see anythings, some sooner. You just need to fight the feeling for sleep, no point taking more and more thinking it will make it come sooner or anything like that.

Just take 300-450mg and then relax, watch a few films, listen to music, go for a walk (yeah it's hard but I find walking on a DPH trip to be amazing, especially in the dark with street lights on), try talk to friends. You'll notice at first black dots moving at the side of your vision, then they usually turn to spiders, bugs, or birds, then they start appearing in the centre of vision. So life like, they walk up you and you swear you can feel them, you think you're talking to people to then realise you aren't talking to no one but then you forget what happened and you don't even know what's going on and you're talking to someone but then you remember what happened and you aren't actually talking to anyone. Then shit starts to get real. At least that's how my DPH trips happened from what I remember.

EDIT-

Just found this channel on youtube and came across this video on it. It'll answer pretty much everything you need to know about DPH. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-H79YsNK-0

If a mod sees this can you speak to the website admin/boss about adding this channel to the forum for easy access. It's full of tonnes of informative videos which many users here would greatly benefit from. You'd also be helping a youtuber out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't describe it as hallucinations as more like zolpidem where your just delirious. Like I'll I'll look at text and it will seem like where I look that line is popping out and the rest fading back or like it's snowing back specs or like as you walk it's as if your not moving but the world is moving and a intense feeling that it is a dream or like not quite right almost like everything looks the same but seems wrong. Or like your on a boat and the room is rocking back and forth. Overall I'd describe it as extremely unpleasant. And I am by no means antidiphenhydramine I use it everyday just about often multiple times per day But it's really much much much better to reduce the side effects of other drugs like theraputic doses keep my skin from flushing wear as high doses make my flushing worse. Low doses help reduce my restlessness high doses increase it. Low doses decrease my anxiety and nausous high doses increase it.