Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine/400mg + weed , seizure?

sticku4yapaperr

Greenlighter
To start off I'm only 130 pounds. I'm not new to diphenhydramine, but this experience was kind of different. I took 16 pills of benadryl (400mg) and then I smoked 3 blunts with my friends. I started walking back home with my friend, then all of a sudden I feel the pills take over. My body was shaking and entirely numb. For some reason I believed that I was going to have a seizure and die. I felt as if any second I was going to drop and spazz out. It felt like my body was being pulled to the ground. I told my friend I'm about to have a seizure , but I told him lets just get to your house fast. Turns out I didn't, and I think that I'm incredibly lucky. I'm just wondering, can taking 400-500mg of diphenhydramine give you a seizure? I like this drug I had a lot of fun tripping but I didn't like how I actually thought and felt that I was gonna die. What do you think? Have you ever felt like this?

I can't comment on whether or not you can get a seizure from that dose, as everyone's seizure threshold is different, but I'd say it's definitely possible. Personally, I hated my experiences with high dose DPH and felt so thirsty but felt if I drank one drop of water, I would vomit everywhere. This is not a healthy feeling and it is definitely not good for you. I'd suggest against using deliriants like Benadryl. You can just feel how unhealthy it is for you just by the side effects. The same goes for DXM, but I even feel like downing a bottle of robo is safer than that much DPH. Be careful, sir. Not even mentioning how light you are.

I've had a seizure before from shooting to much dope. When it happened I didn't see it coming at all. I did my shot, threw the gear I used away and as soon as I sat back down I blacked out. I have no memory of the next ten minutes of what happened. The next thing I know I wake up with a bunch of paramedics around me and a breathing tube in my nose and I'm totally confused as to what happened; no memory of the event, nothing to make me feel as if something was coming on. Just blackout and then snapped right out of it.

A week or two ago I broke up with my girlfriend when I saw her for the first time this summer since college. A day later, as I usually do, I took 100 mgs of diphen along with half of an indica cheeba chew. A bit later I took another 50 mgs of diphen and tried to fall asleep. After a while, I got really really hot and my chest got very tight. It was very difficult to breathe and I lost sensation in my limbs. I tried to calm myself down with breathing, which worked, but then I had two minor convulsions. It was very frightening but I woke up alive and saw a doctor.

I was informed that because I had a mild fever and was mildly stressed, the diphen had an adverse effect, causing the convulsions. The weed probably played a role too.

Hope that helped

Sounds like you have experienced an akathisia attack, which is a frequent side effect with first-generation antihistamine drugs such as diph when taken at high dosage. You can kill the attack with a quick-onset benzo such as temazepam (preferred) or Xanax.