Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine 225 mg - First Time - Weird

SteveTheCanadian

Greenlighter
i would like to start my report by saying that this is the most screwed up drug i have EVER done. I would never try to convince anyone to trip on DPH. now on to the report.

At around 10 last night i took 225 mg of benadryl. i THOUGHT that this would be a small trip but i was wrong.

Within 30 minutes i start to feel drunk and i get light headed. it started to kick in sooner than i though because i tokk them on an empty stomach. The feeling gets worse and im tempted to go to sleep but i dont. The visuals first kicked in after 45-50 minutes. I looked away from my phone and looked at the floor to see almost a liquid wind blowing a few inches off the ground. this startled me so i looked away towards my bed. strangely enough the liquid wind followed. i then looked at the same spot on the ground and beneath the wind a grasshopper thing jumped forward and disappeared.

For some reason i got really paranoid thinking about how worse the trip could get, so i quickly jumped into bed and turned the light off. i was an idiot for thinking i could try to sleep because as soon as i closed my eyes, it seemed like there was lightning bug right by my head. it creeped me out that i was halucinating flashes. then the first audio halucination started.

The sound was a key being dropped over and over. at first i thought it was my grandpa but he was sleeping. The CEVs now are getting stronger with the sounds. with my eyes closed i go from scene to scene of different activities. one that really stood out was of me texting my friend. it was crazy because i could clearly see the phone and the conversation. I then realized it was fake because my phone was charging on the other side of the room. the halucination then kindof faded away. see, this drug screws with your thoughts so much that you would belive the CEVs were real for a good 10 seconds, but then you eventually snap to reality and it fades away.

By now im really freaking out because im hearing voices all around the house. The one audio halucination that was the weirdest was the phone. i heard the home phone ring once and clearly heard my grandma answer. it wasnt till i asked her this morning who called that i found out everything i heard was not real. that really freaked me out because at the time i belived it was real.

i think the home phone incident was the peak because the only profound CEV is that after looking towards my closet and closing my eyes, i still saw my closet and chair almost perfectly.

I guess i must have passed out because the next thing i know my alarm is ringing. i woke this morning feeling like shit and it was almost as bad as a hangover. i did notice some visuals still happening because when i looked out my window, quick black flashes were popping in different places.

All in all it is a very dark, confusing high. i would probably do it again, but probably while smoking weed so its more chill. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG LIGHTLY!! it effects everyone different so start with low doses and work your way up. thanks for reading

May i add that the after effects i am getting are very strange. I will see something move in peripheral vision and look and it will be gone. also i was reading some stories on erowid and the text seemed to move around just a tiny bit. is this normal?

Anecdotally, I've heard that a lot of people still feel a bit of effects from it in the next day or few days, although I can't speak from personal experience. Certainly it's not uncommon to experience minor visual effects after any strong visual experience.

Just read your report and would like to say I've still been getting those after effects, though everyday they lessen. Just last night I was reading and the words started sinking into the page ever so slightly. But I stopped seeing the white flashes yesterday so I know it's starting to leave my system.