Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Dimethylpentylone (BU or KU Crystal) Trip Report

NapoleanBonoparte

Greenlighter
I received this instead of 3MMC. Twice, From two different vendors. Must be cheap to make.

There is almost nothing online about it that is of any help.

I started with 20mg boofed. Nothing. Next day I tried 50mg. Maybe something , maybe placebo. The material does not dissolve easily and has to be heated. Freebase? A couple of more experiments and I pushed the dose to 100mg. Meh. Not only meh, but I felt worse - irritated and tetchy. I gave up on it but didn't throw it away as a friend likes it. A couple of months pass, and I have some things to go to and had no sleep the pervious night and I am out of stims (coffee gives me the runs). So I try the old BU again.

This time I go for 250mg. Boofed. It takes an awhile, but it gets there, something not unlike 3-MMC. Not as good, but in the ballpark. Now I'm curious. Apparently it's a Nor/Dop reuptake inhibitor. Might it go well with a releaser, like 3 MMC? I know it's popular down under where it is mixed with or substituted for MDMA. So I set up a dose of 1 part BU crystal to 3 parts 3 MMC (specifically 100mg BU, 300 mg 3-MMC. There. That is what it's for. Unlike Coke it doesn't block the receptors, and it extends, and smoothes the high from the 3-MMC. The peak becomes a plateau. I'm still experimenting, but at a guess I would say it lasts twice as long or better. Adds a fair bit of Euphoria too. Nice to know it's useful.

Guess this is just a prodrug like diethylcathinone (tenuate). So forit to work properly you have to ingest it so it goes though the liver. Active principle should be pentylone.

Last edited:
Guess this is just a prodrug like diethylcathinone (tenuate). So forit to work properly you have to ingest it so it goes though the liver. Active principle should be pentylone.

Diethylcathinone (amfepramone) is a bit of an odd one. Obviously when the alkyl chain is longer, cathinones bearing either para (4) substituents and/or a longer alkyl chain (like pyrovalerone) are active even though they bear a tertiary amine.

Recent reports suggest that dimethyl hexadrone is very active indeed.

That benzylic carbonyl function significantly alters the QSAR although, to be clear, examples of actives bearing a tertiary amine tend to be selective to DAT.

Is this 2-(dimethylamino)-1-phenylhexan-1-on? And this is active when vaped or via iv. Or im.?

I PRESUME that's what it is. I would expect it to be orally active as well, it's just that I've only read reports of people vaping it as the rush is recorded as being very powerful indeed.

Glad to see someone finally post a report on the heavily advertised ku crystal. I'm honestly surprised that it's useful

I wonder if someone will make a methylone prodrug

Glad to see someone finally post a report on the heavily advertised ku crystal. I'm honestly surprised that it's useful

I wonder if someone will make a methylone prodrug

Well there are quite a few possibilities. Both the amine and the ketone can be used to produce compounds that the body would break down to MDMC (methylone).

While I'm no expert on US law, MDAR (3,4-methylenedioxy aminorex) MIGHT not be caught be the analog laws. Because while aminorex and most of derivatives are stimulants, MDAR is almost identical to MDMA in it's subjective effects. I certainly wouldn't want to RELY on that to state that it IS legal, US law is intentionally vague.

Unfortunately aminorex appears to be schedule 1 in the US meaning that MDAR is likely covered by the analog act 😞

But if you read the analog act, it states 'similar or more potent activity' and the activity of MDAR is quite different to aminorex, p-F aminorex and so forth - they are all stimulants whereas MDAR is an entactogen.

BUT as I said, I would not wish to test that in law unless I was caught with a personal amount and had the money to pay for a legal team to essentially undermine the analog act.

I suggest that a prosecutor would recognize that the case was 'not in the public interest' if the outcome was to show the analog act failed. In the UK the Psychoactive Substances Act is wide open to such challenges but interestingly, the CPS has decided to drop any cases in which someone chose to plead not guilty BECAUSE case-law would simply re-enforce the fact that the PSA is too vague.

I do carefully watch these things.