• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid Tonight After Codeine Last Night *Waste*?

CountDrugula

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so I did a pretty heavy dose of codeine last night, 500-600mg. I got my hands on some dilaudid today and I'm wondering if I take it, will I not get the high I'm after? I have 0 dilaudid tolerance but obviously a big codeine tolerance.

I have 4? 8mg tablets and am so keen to try them asap. ROA will be snorting or plugging as I don't fuck with needles. I'm well aware that people say you have to shoot dil for results but I understand that to be a tall tale from my reading before getting my hands on the stuf.

So basically, is dilaudid strong enough to say fuck you to the prior codiene laay night?

CountDrugula, using codeine you should consider, that it has a ceiling effect at about 400mg.
Codeine is metabolized in the liver to morphine. But the liver metabolizes only up to 400mg in a period short enough to produce some feeling.
So you wasted 100 to 200 mg last time.
If you have an opiate related tolerance it's equal if you take codeine or another opiate like hydromorphon. You should know it since you know what you consume/d.
With only a little tolerance 32mg of Dilaudid should be enough.
Cheers

Thanks for the input sonoio!

Surely I would get higher waiting till tomorrow night though? Or willit make little difference?

Hey man, I'd like to welcome you to the forums drugula, but allow me to give you a brief rundown about your thread here. Firstly, we are a Harm Reduction forum, plain and simple. We are here to help adults who have chosen to use drugs, do so safely. The line that separates appropriate content from inappropriate is often a very fine one

We want people to have fun and to do so safely, but we definitely aren't and don't want to be a resource that users consult in an effort to get as high as they can or to have the most enjoyable/recreational/groovy experience. How your experiences treat you, coupled with your body's unique physiology, means we cannot tell you what you will enjoy. It's not that we don't want to, it's just that we can't. You have to make that decision and in the end, that's part of the fun.

I'm providing you with a link to an Opioid equipotent dosage chart. Here it's going to list a variety of Opioids and how powerful they are relative to each other. I'm not just going to give you the answer (how powerful is Hydromorphone compared to Codeine), as I would like to teach you to fish instead of giving you fish.

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is a drug wildly potent by comparison with Codeine. Codeine is essentially the weakest commonly prescribed Opioids out there, while Hydromorphone would be considered of the strongest.

https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/pdf/calculating_total_daily_dose-a.pdf

This is a very simple tool to use. Literally anyone capable of logging onto the internet and remembering to pay said bill on time is capable of using such a chart. If you feel that you will be using Opioids more frequently in the future, it really doesn't hurt to carry some of the more common conversions around in your head. You won't always have time to consult the internet.

Bioavailability among individual Opioids is another thing you need to internalize. If you don't know what the term Bioavailability means, please read up on it.