• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids dilaudid/hydromorphone??

shlebyloren

Greenlighter
i’ve never fucked w/ em but stumbled upon 90 4mgs...i like oxy, is it the same high? can u snort these or just pop em? how many mg is a normal dose for someone who takes 40mg oxy regularly?

In my humble opinion, hydromorphone is more or less a less-prickly morphine, whereas oxycodone has stimulant properties . . . it will be smoother and not as speedy.

Hydromorphone is a prototype of a group of morphine derivatives, the 14-dihydromorphinones & morphols, which includes oxymorphone, hydromorphinol, oxycodone, hydrocodone, thebacon &c though oxycodone is in a category of its own as potentially being a molecular speedball type set up. Then there is morphine itself and codeine, a third group is the morphine esters like nicomorphine and smack, fourth are the bridged oripavine derivatives like buprenorphine, the fifth is the DHC/DHM series, another is morphides, yet another is the morphazones . . . there is enough difference amongst them that the optimum is to have representatives of the first five available for medicinal use . . .

I suppose one could figure something like the following:

40 mg oxycodone PO = 50 mg morphine HCl PO = ~44 mg morphine base = 53 mg morphine sulphate
44 mg morphine HCl PO = 5.5-10 mg hydromorphone PO

10 mg hydromorphone HCl = 8.9 mg hydromorphone base
8.9 mg hydromorphone base PO = 1.18 mg hydromorphone base = 1.32 mg hydromorphone HCl IV/IM/SC

All three of those conversion ratios are the ones which are published in charts, but especially with the hydromorphone it may be necessary at the beginning to start at a conservative dose and hack out the de facto conversion ratio and write it down -- for example. the morphine:hydromorphone equalisation ratio can range from 4 to 10.

Insufflation must do much the same as sublingual administration -- you will get 30 per cent or more additional effect. See if dissolving them under the tongue works first before railing them . . . alternatively, get some distilled water or sterile saline, dissolve some tablets in it, and put it in a nasal spray bottle.

Last edited:
When i was using only 40-60 mg of oxycodone a day and couldn't find any and got hydromorphone 2-4mg sniffed would get me quite high . A different high then oxy, more sedating. Sometimes i would get more high then with oxy so be careful how much and how often