• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid & Fent Patch Question

Curvylittleone

Greenlighter
Hello there while I am new to becoming a member of the site, I have been following you all for quite some time. I've done much research through your helpful questions and responses.

That being said, CLO is in need of some advice. She is currently married and has a ten yr old child. Her drug "problem" is not that bad honestly. She is currently on prescription 2mg dilaudid pills and 25 mkg/hr fentynal patch/72 hours. However her condition that has her on these meds is VERY PAINFUL. She is not getting relief AT ALL from them being taken "normally", so she has been injecting her dilaudid IM and IV ( when she can hit a vein). However, this patch BLOWS! Is there any opinions on misusing the patch or perhaps switching to suboxone or MS CONTIN. She'd like to try the morphine, but can that give a good high? Any comments and/or suggestions for her? Thank you! Looking forward to the conversations and friendships here!

Hi there, welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately we can't make suggestions on how to get high from your patch. I might suggest you're perhaps not being entirely honest about the pain since you said you want to get a good high, and could always discuss better pain management with your GP or pain doctor ;)

However even if you can achieve a high with the meds you have, it won't last long without an increase in dose. If you really need them for chronic pain, I would strongly suggest you cut back on injecting and try as best you can to take them as directed, and perhaps seek to enjoy the recreational benefit on special occasions only?

Good luck!
CFC

Following all of us for some time eh?! I might have to file a restraining order, haha welcome to bluelight!

CFC is right, if you are indeed in great pain your number one concern should be, ?do these meds give me adequate pain relief?? I?m not calling you a liar or trying to put you down, i understand how tempting it can be to to get high even if it might bring you more pain later, but if your pain is incredibly bad you should focus on that before the quality of your high.

Please stop injecting your meds or at least buy micron filters so you aren?t putting as much gross pill fillers into your veins. Plugging is a good alternative to injecting if you want greater effectiveness than oral, and it?s a much much safer ROA than injecting.

You should think about where chasing the high will get you, increasingly ineffective pain relief and a blunted high from sky high tolerance. Then you should talk to your doctor about either switching meds or increasing your dose. Morphine is a good option, lasts pretty long and is excellent at blunting pain.