• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid. Confused need help.

Claiborne41

Greenlighter
Hey guys. So I've been clean for a couple weeks and while cleaning I found a 8mg Dilaudid. Now normally I shoot I used to shoot them, but I promised myself when I quit no more needles. So, my question is to plug it or snort it. I've read too much back and forth stuff so I came to the experts myself! lol
Much love.

Plug it if you can, the bioavailability will be slightly higher than snorting it

Yeah, it shouldnt be too crazy. ALTHOUGH, please pay attention to the fact that your tolerance has gone down, so please do less than what you were doing when you were shooting it up

Also check out the plugging thread for the finer details or you may end up wasting a good bit of it. There's a wide range for how effective plugging dilaudid is and those details make the difference.

Were you trying to stay clean or was it a consequence of not being able to get more? I ask because if you are anything like me, taking even one dose will ruin your chances of quitting.

If you've quit using, why are you risking your soberness?

Just keep the 8mg Dilaudid for when you get actual real pain.

If you've quit using, why are you risking your soberness?

Just keep the 8mg Dilaudid for when you get actual real pain.

True. This is a good point. One slip is often enough to throw someone completely off the wagon. Let's assume though, that OP is going to be using the Hydromorphone.

Insufflation is a good enough method for Hydromorphone, high bioavailability, relatively quick onset and so on, but insufflation of any pill carries with it health risks including damage to the sinuses and complications from the complete inhalation of binders. So with safety in mind, rectal administration is probably your best bet. Bioavailability is solid and in my experience, the onset is quicker and more powerful than with insufflation.

I know there's still a ridiculous stigma surround this ROA, but over the years it has become my standby for when IV/IM/SC are not safe or practical.

If it's your first time plugging, there's a wealth of knowledge on the forums including complete guides and how-to's that can educate you on the finer points of the process, however, it's not at all difficult. Procure an oral syringe (no needle) use enough water to create a relatively uniform solution without a lot of solid particulates floating around. Use some kind of lubricant to make inserting the syringe less uncomfortable, insert about an inch or so then depress the plunger. Wait about a minute before removing the syringe, as I've found that there can the suction created can cause some of the solution to come out.

The best posture is either lying more or less on your side or on flat on your stomach. I hope this helps.