• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid 8mg inquiry about best delivery

TexUSA

Bluelighter
Brand newbie here with a burning question. Have read a lot trying to familiarize myself with lingo & where to post. Hope this is the right forum for my inquiry. If not, I'm sure I'll hear about it. My NMI summarizes my past.

I currently suffer from severe degenerative disc disease. Have had numerous ESI's, facet injections, rhizotomies, trigger point injections w/no significant improvement. Have thoracic spondylosis, cervical stenosis & annular tears in lumbar spine which requires 360? surgery that I'm not a candidate for mainly because I live alone & couldn't handle the intense recovery/restrictions on my own. Also for the severe stenosis in the cervical spine I have had (1) ACDF cervical fusion [2 levels] to regain use of left arm and was left with a titanium plate +6 screws as a souvenir. And (2) 2nd cervical fusion [1 level below 1st one a couple years later] as spinal cord was still being crushed. This 2nd surgery failed & bones did not fuse properly leaving me with stabbing pain that mainly radiates into my left shoulder blade (scapula) area that rates a 9-10 pain level which is constant & li'l bit of relief by the way of 8mg Dilaudid orally. Prior to the CDC crackdown on opiates I was getting 300/month = 10/day = 1-2 every 3-4 hours orally as needed. After the CDC crackdown I was eventually tapered down to only 90/month = 3/day orally which is practically useless! Even chewing them!

The doctor I've been seeing for several years since being officially disabled has been a "pain/psychiatrist". He was able to prescribe pain meds & anti-anxiety & sleep meds too. He has recently altered his business path into a new direction & all his patients are being forced to start seeing a new PM doctor & hoping my PCP can handle the psych-drugs w/o having to start seeing a new psychiatrist as well. My quest has now become to find the best pain management with what I'm given.

With all that being said: I've considered trying to IV the 8mg Dilaudid caps that I legally get. I've never once used a needle even though my past included a strong presence on the Southern California street drugs of the mid 1980's. I've read a lot of threads in which most of them were outdated & untrustworthy so I'm trying to be responsible & focus on HR before I do anything along those lines. My past in recovery makes me feel like an idiot for even thinking of doing this but I just can't continue living w/this chronic pain on the li'l bit of Dilaudid that I'm given. I recall the many times I was hospitalized & was given 2mg Dilaudid (IV) every 4 hours. The rush of relief of my pain was absolutely incredible! This is what I'm after.

This what a newbie like me has...
* 8mg Dilaudid caps 3/day
* 3ea. 28ga 1/2" 1ml BD allergy syringes leftover from the allergy shots I used to give myself a while back (unsure if can use)
* alcohol prep pads
* cotton balls (no micron yet)
* a big spoon & lighter
* tap water filtered with/a Brita filter (unsure of the kinds of sterile water & access to it)

I've read on here to crush caps on a piece of notebook paper. How much to crush IDK. Put in spoon w/appropriate amount of water (?). Cutting cotton balls into strips that you can double-over into the barrel of syringe to filter out the wrong stuff. Some say heat but most say no-heat, IDK. If I decide to do this, I wanna do it right to avoid any mishaps. I'm worried about only having 3 syringes on hand for now & not wanting 2 reuse needles.

Any good help is greatly appreciated.

Peace ✌

well, you really want to shoot it? from what I read you already know how to, the most of the method at least. but I would suggest plugging, as you will need them for pain everyday you will just mess up your veins. if you need tips on plugging I can give you some threads, if not

-> crush the pills between two spoons, you can use a notebook paper too, you just put the pill between the 2 pieces of paper, fold it so it does not get all over the place, use maybe half of what you usually do orally, put the "material" in a spoon with 1 ml water and start stiring the "liquid" with the cap of your syringe, if you really want to IV I would suggest 1ml (100 cc) syringes with 28-29 gauge but you already have those so okay :)) you can use heat or no heat but with heat more fillers with get in the solution, trust me if your eyes can't see how the substance gets into the water . after you stirted it and left it 60 more seconds to get absorbed in the water grab a little little piece of cotton like those on the ear tips even less, and throw it in the spoon , now aim for the cotton piece and draw up the solution after you are done look for a vein (but don't just look for it visually, try to touch it etc to feel it physically too) put the needle in, register ( see if you can draw blood) if you can draw blood then you are in the vein, push the half of the solution in, re-register ( see if you can still draw blood so you are still in the vein) push the rest in, now enjoy!

I’m in exact same boat. I’ve been IV’ing my dilaudid tabs for six years now and I learned this, believe it or not, from a nurse while I was in the hospital after I’d been on dilaudid for two years. I now microfilter and store prepared solution in a 50 ml vial. I get 90, 8mg tabs a month and fix the doses to be about 2mg. I use 14 tabs per vial so that equates to just over 2mg/ml (2mg per ml, which is why I use the insulin syringe - most are 1 ml).

You will definitely get more pain relief IVing or plugging rather than oral administration, but I’ve just never warmed to the idea of plugging. As for heat vs cold, DO NOT HEAT! I read an extensive research study done by a university in US that compared samples of hot mixtures vs cold while also testing micron filtering vs cotton type filtering. It is amazing the stuff that gets in and remains in your solution when heated, even though a solution looks to be perfectly clear. It amazes me when users state their mixes are free from contaminants because the solution “appears” clear. Anyway, that same study states .1 or .2u filters are best, and higher concentrations of the drug are attained, if some sort of prefiltering process (ie cotton) is used.

You will definitely need more than three syringes. I use the 10 ml syringes for the mixing process and insulin syringes for the actual shot. You will most likely NOT be able to go into a CVS and buy these supplies without a prescription in most states. However if you google insulin syringe or 10ml syringe you will get a ton of suppliers that do not require scripts. Even eBay and Amazon have everything you would need. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I’m in exact same boat. I’ve been IV’ing my dilaudid tabs for six years now and I learned this, believe it or not, from a nurse while I was in the hospital after I’d been on dilaudid for two years. I now microfilter and store prepared solution in a 50 ml vial. I get 90, 8mg tabs a month and fix the doses to be about 2mg. I use 14 tabs per vial so that equates to just over 2mg/ml (2mg per ml, which is why I use the insulin syringe - most are 1 ml).

You will definitely get more pain relief IVing or plugging rather than oral administration, but I’ve just never warmed to the idea of plugging. As for heat vs cold, DO NOT HEAT! I read an extensive research study done by a university in US that compared samples of hot mixtures vs cold while also testing micron filtering vs cotton type filtering. It is amazing the stuff that gets in and remains in your solution when heated, even though a solution looks to be perfectly clear. It amazes me when users state their mixes are free from contaminants because the solution “appears” clear. Anyway, that same study states .1 or .2u filters are best, and higher concentrations of the drug are attained, if some sort of prefiltering process (ie cotton) is used.

You will definitely need more than three syringes. I use the 10 ml syringes for the mixing process and insulin syringes for the actual shot. You will most likely NOT be able to go into a CVS and buy these supplies without a prescription in most states. However if you google insulin syringe or 10ml syringe you will get a ton of suppliers that do not require scripts. Even eBay and Amazon have everything you would need. Hope this helps.
~~~~
Hydroluv: I couldn't do another PM quite yet as something about being a greenlighter limits how many PM's & frequency of them. Readers Digest version of where we left off...
Definitely hit vein. Even though 1st one was kinda lame; the 2nd one got me flyin! Whoa, having trouble concentrating on crafting this msg. Feeling real spacy & pain level has gone down quite well. Alot of nod going on. Maybe I should eat something as I'm feeling a tad nauseous. Peace 4 now... ✌

Will be in touch later.

TexUSA (Neo)
Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?

well my name is based on the greek god of dreams Morpheus, son of Hypnos, which is represented by the poppy flower that's why I have also papaverus in my name (somniferum papaverus is the latin name of the poppy plant). sorry for not responding clearly on the heat matter, I suggest no heat, because the substance gets in anyway you just can't see it. and on the question how you measure 1 ml of water well you said that you have 1ml syringes so draw water in them until they are full and there you have 1 ml :D you can pm me if you need any other advices.

about the plugging, this is from the plugging megathread:
1. Crush your pill(s) into a very fine powder.

2. Place the powder into a 3ml syringe.

3. Add 2 mls warm water. Shake until fully dissolved.

4. Lubricate/clean anus with warm water.

5. Insert syringe (without needle) approximately 1 inch into anus.

6. Inject slowly -- you don't want to squirt it too far. Just right inside the sphincter is fine.

7. Enjoy your opioid.

and regarding the BA question,
Oral: 30–35%, Intranasal: 52–58%[1] IV/IM:100% (Wikipedia)

I knew something seemed off when you said 4 mg was weak, atleast for what I assumed your tolerance would be! I’m so glad it worked better second go around. Just wait until you begin filtration process. It will be even stronger I’m quite sure. It yes, that nausea is no fun. I’m quite fortunate that I’m prescribed 50 mg phenergan injections. They hel a lot!

well my name is based on the greek god of dreams Morpheus, son of Hypnos, which is represented by the poppy flower that's why I have also papaverus in my name (somniferum papaverus is the latin name of the poppy plant). sorry for not responding clearly on the heat matter, I suggest no heat, because the substance gets in anyway you just can't see it. and on the question how you measure 1 ml of water well you said that you have 1ml syringes so draw water in them until they are full and there you have 1 ml :D you can pm me if you need any other advices.

about the plugging, this is from the plugging megathread:
1. Crush your pill(s) into a very fine powder.

2. Place the powder into a 3ml syringe.

3. Add 2 mls warm water. Shake until fully dissolved.

4. Lubricate/clean anus with warm water.

5. Insert syringe (without needle) approximately 1 inch into anus.

6. Inject slowly -- you don't want to squirt it too far. Just right inside the sphincter is fine.

7. Enjoy your opioid.

and regarding the BA question,
Oral: 30–35%, Intranasal: 52–58%[1] IV/IM:100% (Wikipedia)
May I ask for an alternate method if I don't have 3ml syringe yet. All I have is 1ml syringe. Is it still pheasable? If so, would I use a whole 8mg tab or 1/2 (4mg like with IVg)?

Ok, just tried to shoot into the back of my hand since pretty bruised up elsewhere. 1ml syringe (full) barely pierced what I thought was vein & tried to register. Thought I saw a little blood as I moved the needle a tiny bit. Barely put in less than 0.1ml when I noticed a bubble starting and pulled needle out. Went back to a regular spot. I read a post that I shouldn't be worried but it was from March so not real sure. ???

TexUSA, you were right about the time limits for posting PM’s! I read the second message that had a few questions AFTER I had already sent the first. As far as how much (mg) you could expect from a 4 mg IV dose: you will not get 2 mg in a 4 mg tablet dose. You should get the full 4! Also, the best micron filter for single dose IMO is PVDF, .22u, 13 mm. For vial storage and preparing many doses at once, you will need the 25 mm. The benefits though of vial storage is cost effectiveness. You will find that using a single 13mm filter per shot can add up cost-wise. As tempting as it may be, DO NOT RE-USE a filter, unless you want to prepare and store several 1 ml syringes at once and just keep the others that you don’t use in the refrigerator. Just don’t allow time to elapse between uses of that filter. Hope this helps!

Okay, curious about the length of time of the euphoric boost feeling after IV'g a 4mg Dilaudid shot. It's so amazing and I feel zero pain during the onset of that boost but I'm so very sad about the duration being so short. Is there anything I can do, besides adding the micron filtering process, to my routine that will extend the length of time that the euphoric boost timeframe lingers?

Brand newbie here with a burning question. Have read a lot trying to familiarize myself with lingo & where to post. Hope this is the right forum for my inquiry. If not, I'm sure I'll hear about it. My NMI summarizes my past.

I currently suffer from severe degenerative disc disease. Have had numerous ESI's, facet injections, rhizotomies, trigger point injections w/no significant improvement. Have thoracic spondylosis, cervical stenosis & annular tears in lumbar spine which requires 360? surgery that I'm not a candidate for mainly because I live alone & couldn't handle the intense recovery/restrictions on my own. Also for the severe stenosis in the cervical spine I have had (1) ACDF cervical fusion [2 levels] to regain use of left arm and was left with a titanium plate +6 screws as a souvenir. And (2) 2nd cervical fusion [1 level below 1st one a couple years later] as spinal cord was still being crushed. This 2nd surgery failed & bones did not fuse properly leaving me with stabbing pain that mainly radiates into my left shoulder blade (scapula) area that rates a 9-10 pain level which is constant & li'l bit of relief by the way of 8mg Dilaudid orally. Prior to the CDC crackdown on opiates I was getting 300/month = 10/day = 1-2 every 3-4 hours orally as needed. After the CDC crackdown I was eventually tapered down to only 90/month = 3/day orally which is practically useless! Even chewing them!

The doctor I've been seeing for several years since being officially disabled has been a "pain/psychiatrist". He was able to prescribe pain meds & anti-anxiety & sleep meds too. He has recently altered his business path into a new direction & all his patients are being forced to start seeing a new PM doctor & hoping my PCP can handle the psych-drugs w/o having to start seeing a new psychiatrist as well. My quest has now become to find the best pain management with what I'm given.

With all that being said: I've considered trying to IV the 8mg Dilaudid caps that I legally get. I've never once used a needle even though my past included a strong presence on the Southern California street drugs of the mid 1980's. I've read a lot of threads in which most of them were outdated & untrustworthy so I'm trying to be responsible & focus on HR before I do anything along those lines. My past in recovery makes me feel like an idiot for even thinking of doing this but I just can't continue living w/this chronic pain on the li'l bit of Dilaudid that I'm given. I recall the many times I was hospitalized & was given 2mg Dilaudid (IV) every 4 hours. The rush of relief of my pain was absolutely incredible! This is what I'm after.

This what a newbie like me has...
* 8mg Dilaudid caps 3/day
* 3ea. 28ga 1/2" 1ml BD allergy syringes leftover from the allergy shots I used to give myself a while back (unsure if can use)
* alcohol prep pads
* cotton balls (no micron yet)
* a big spoon & lighter
* tap water filtered with/a Brita filter (unsure of the kinds of sterile water & access to it)

I've read on here to crush caps on a piece of notebook paper. How much to crush IDK. Put in spoon w/appropriate amount of water (?). Cutting cotton balls into strips that you can double-over into the barrel of syringe to filter out the wrong stuff. Some say heat but most say no-heat, IDK. If I decide to do this, I wanna do it right to avoid any mishaps. I'm worried about only having 3 syringes on hand for now & not wanting 2 reuse needles.

Any good help is greatly appreciated.

Peace ✌
My personal experience.... chewing is the best method. Of course, be sure you have a decent tolerance before trying any method besides ingesting them. I’ve doctor shopped for years...when I first began, my goal was to obtain Demerol and then it progressed to Dilaudid. So once I was able to find someone who sold Dilaudid in pill form, I was on the hunt to find out to get the same high from 8mg that I’ve received from only 1mg IV. I was taking two or three pills at a time and all I got was a weak high and a shit ton of vomiting. I’m too much of a pussy to shoot it and snorting or plugging it just aren’t that appealing to me, so chewed it one day and it was heaven. Chewing only one pill gave me a high greater than swallowing three and without any nausea. The high is similar to IV to me. Tastes like ass, but it’s nice. And it’s cheaper in the long run.

If this is something you intend to do regularly, invest in micron filters. You dont want to be shooting all the binders and crap in that pill 3x / day