• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid 8mg/Injecting question:

Paulymorphone

Bluelighter
So, After a few years of injecting, & I dont have easy veins, but I'm very safe as far as sterility, micron filtering 0.22um, etc...once again, I decided time to just IM from now on, as it's become so difficult to get a vein with the needles I usually use, which I don't use insulin needles, but 30g 0.5 inch needles with 3cc leur lock barrels. My syringe was ready, this time with a 25g 1" tip instead for IM ROA. Just on a whim, as I was about to IM, I decided to try an area on the back of my hand near the wrist, I punctured the skin, pulled back a little on the plunger, and moved it forward about a quarter of an inch and boom big blood flow, and much easier and faster plunge into the vein, which instantly made me feel better than better (not nodding or anything, but much more positive mood faster because of the instant plunge, followed by 5 or 10 seconds of that tingling feeling on my head and other places with hair lol)(With 30g on 3cc barrels, you gotta press hard & make sure the needle stays in place, so it takes much longer to plunge)

So my question: Can someone give me the pros & cons of using the larger gauge to IV? I've done it a few times, but don't want to have regrets later about it if I continue, since I never see people using this kind of setup for what I'm doing....of course I have plenty of access to clean supplies and some others do not, and barrels larger than 1cc are typically discouraged due to OD potential. Also it's getting old making each shot once at a time, I couldn't find the post, but someone had posted how he mixed bacteriostatic water & saline (but didn't say if it is 50% of each, so another question would be is half & half the right ratio for that) so that he could just convert his entire prescription, transfer it into a rubber top sterile vial, and keep it refrigerated for the month.) I would like to know the educated experts opinions of these things, any adjustments that should be made, and of course the pros & cons of IVing with larger gauge sterile needles.

Thanks a ton!