• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Dihydrocodeine vs Oxycodone

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I ran out of my Oxy script early so I had to buy some DHC's to mitigate the WD. According to the Wiki Equianalgesic chart 50mg of DHC is equivalent to 10mg of Morphine. How much DHC would I need to take to equal 60mg of Oxy? Cheers guys.

According to my maths it would take 300mg of DHC to equal 60mg Morhpine so if Oxy is 1.5x stronger than Morphine it would take 450mg of DHC to equal 60mg of Oxy. But it is common knowledge that Oxycodone is twice the strength of Morphine if so then it would take a whopping 600mg of DHC to equal 60mg Oxy lol. Anyone agree?

Last edited:
Loaded question but i'll bite... It really depends what you are after.

Yes in theory Oxy is 10x more potent than DHC however as it's a different derivative you'll have less tolerance than with Oxy. SWIM takes DHC for EDS, prescribed dose is 2x30mg, 4 times a day however if its a 'flare' SWIM doubles. SWIM used to be on 100mg Oxy and wouldn't recommend taking more than 120mg DHC to start. It shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes to kick in...

Once again, it all depends what you are taking it for. If you are running out of your prescribed meds often then there is a problem.

This has only happened a few times over nearly 4 years, its not a reoccuring problem. I'm prescribed Oxycodone IR 120mg daily (30mg 4x a day) along with Pregabalin 50mg 3x a day and I take them for Peripheral Neuropathy in my left arm. The Pregabalin helps a lot for my anxiety too which is compounded by my Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis. I've got Major Depressive Disorder and Generalised Anxiety Order on top of my BPD, not good ehh? lol.

I'm taking the DHC to eliminate any Oxy WD and for some pain relief for my arm.

PS: I can take as little as 120mg-150mg of DHC to stop my Oxy WD in its tracks. But if I want some pain relief then I have to take much bigger doses which then triggers a pretty bad histamine response. If I'm planning on taking a big dose I'll take some Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, or Chlorphenamine before hand. Preferably Chlorphenamine as its the least sedating of the 3.

Taking a 1st generation sedating antihistamine on top of an opioid aint the greatest idea but the 1st gen AH's only seem to work. The newer 2nd and 3rd gen AH's don't work on me.

Last edited: