• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine stronger than morphine recreational wise

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Took 30mg morphine got rid of my pain but if you was to offer me 200mg dihydrocodeiene or the morphine I'd choose the dihydro.
Plus I am on 70mg methadone so you'd thin the dhc do nothing I take max dose 240mg a day. I dropped from forty mg oxy to this.
I prefer it to oxy not effects wise but the duration is atlwast six hours compared to oxy two to three hours relief and codeines three hour
I also get good effects of tramadol I think I metabolise cypd26 better than others does this mean I could be getting the effect of dihydromorphine and the other metabolites
Does anyone know if you can feel the metabolites anyway

Regarding the "recreational/fun" question, it's just not something we can really comment on, as it us really so subjective and we're discussing pretty complicated pharmacokinetics here.

If we are talking about which of these ultimately provides you with Opioids, that is a little easier. You definitely could have enzymes more able to process Codein than the majority of the population.

The hypothesis definitely makes sense. It is possible that this is due to genetics, but we aren't so far off between 30mg Morphine PO and 200mg DHC PO. As we've covered there is a large variability with Codeine's metabolic potential.

Regarding some of the other metabolites like dihydromorphine and such, they are typically found in "clinically insignificant" amounts. However, there's no reason why maybe, your enzymes could produce more theoretically. All of this, I believe, can be understood with genetic profiling.

Regarding oral consumption of codeine, dihydrocodeine and morphine, I personally find straight codeine to be the most recreational of the three - though somewhat short lived. Morphine is very functional at the right dose but can cause excessive tiredness if overdone. Dihydrocodeine falls somewhere in between - very functional and almost speedy in its effects and lasts for ages...

I used to buy codeine a fair bit when it was still over-the-counter in Australia and always found it pretty good.

I remember buying a morphine tablet one time thinking it was going to be several times better and was really disappointed. $25 worth of codeine at the time would have had me nodding all week. Next time I had morphine, I felt high for the length of one Gotye song.

I think poppy tea is better than isolated morphine for some reason, but the slow come up of codeine mixed with it's relatively mild withdrawal symptoms makes it a favourite of mine, even after having a lot of the stronger opioids. Wish it was still OTC. Dihydrocodeine just isn't the same IMO.

I used to buy codeine a fair bit when it was still over-the-counter in Australia and always found it pretty good.

I remember buying a morphine tablet one time thinking it was going to be several times better and was really disappointed. $25 worth of codeine at the time would have had me nodding all week. Next time I had morphine, I felt high for the length of one Gotye song.

I think poppy tea is better than isolated morphine for some reason, but the slow come up of codeine mixed with it's relatively mild withdrawal symptoms makes it a favourite of mine, even after having a lot of the stronger opioids. Wish it was still OTC. Dihydrocodeine just isn't the same IMO.

So have you guys had OTC codeine taken away from you now?

Way to fuel the heroin trade...

So have you guys had OTC codeine taken away from you now?

Way to fuel the heroin trade...
Yup. Following America's lead basically. Fear of an escalating opioid (fentanyl) epidemic on the other side of the world led to the safest possible alternative to street grade smack and darknet oxy counterfeits being taken away 😒

Dihydrocodeine is still available OTC in sickening cough syrup.

Seems backwards to me, if you get rid of an easily available and relatively safe opiate like codeine then all your doing is creating a big void that is now more likely to be filled with fent cut products...

I agree 100%. Morphine was weak AF for me (orally tho, so maybe that's why). Had to take 100mg with defeated time release and I had basically no tolerance. DHC is very very good with low tolerance. I don't use any of these anymore cause they wreck my kratom tolerance. Great thing is that kratom eventually stops gaining tolerance and you keep taking the same amount due to the agonist-antagonist effects. Now I'm only focusing on other drugs with that property. The only way to not slowly dig yourself into a hole imo.