• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine - NHS repeat prescriptions advice

kiwimango

Greenlighter
Hey, I’m wondering if anyone who uses the NHS (preferably in Scotland) has had to get their repeat prescription super early, and done it successfully? I got my usual repeats on the 15th of this month, so about 10 days ago. I have 3 controlled drugs on my script - dihydrocodeine, pregabalin and xaggitin (which is an ADHD med - legal speed basically).

I’ve never had to order this early before, but have had to once 4 years ago at a different GP surgery.

I think I’m going to have to phone NHS 24, but I don’t know how to explain why I need it so early although I have thought of just saying while I was opening my monthly pill box, they spilled out and most of them landed in my sink in the bathroom which had water in it from washing my face, resulting in the tablets being ruined. Therefore I have none to get me by until I’m meant to order my January script (which should be around the 10th). Has anyone been through this and can offer me advice? I can’t believe I’ve ended up in this situation.

Hey, I’m wondering if anyone who uses the NHS (preferably in Scotland) has had to get their repeat prescription super early, and done it successfully? I got my usual repeats on the 15th of this month, so about 10 days ago. I have 3 controlled drugs on my script - dihydrocodeine, pregabalin and xaggitin (which is an ADHD med - legal speed basically).

I’ve never had to order this early before, but have had to once 4 years ago at a different GP surgery.

I think I’m going to have to phone NHS 24, but I don’t know how to explain why I need it so early although I have thought of just saying while I was opening my monthly pill box, they spilled out and most of them landed in my sink in the bathroom which had water in it from washing my face, resulting in the tablets being ruined. Therefore I have none to get me by until I’m meant to order my January script (which should be around the 10th). Has anyone been through this and can offer me advice? I can’t believe I’ve ended up in this situation.
I think if you do it be prepared to be put onto weekly collection instead of monthly.

If you aren’t someone who does it regularly you might get away with it but you will be flagged.

I wonder if I wait until the 30th, if it’ll make any difference in their judgement of the situation. Or if I could even get a phone call with my own doctor, because weekly collection would not be great but maybe it would help me reign my painkillers useage in a bit.

Would it make a difference if I said it was my anti-depressant and painkillers that got damaged? So not my whole repeat prescription list. I don’t know if there’s an excuse that has the best chance of me getting approved and the least judgement. Do they have to flag me, and what does flagging mean exactly (if you know)?

Thank you for replying.

I wonder if I wait until the 30th, if it’ll make any difference in their judgement of the situation. Or if I could even get a phone call with my own doctor, because weekly collection would not be great but maybe it would help me reign my painkillers useage in a bit.

Would it make a difference if I said it was my anti-depressant and painkillers that got damaged? So not my whole repeat prescription list. I don’t know if there’s an excuse that has the best chance of me getting approved and the least judgement. Do they have to flag me, and what does flagging mean exactly (if you know)?

Thank you for replying.
Well if you’re reordering controlled drugs early you are flagged in the system for obvious reasons. They do have to flag you up, anyone who reorders early is flagged. It’s up to them to decide how to follow it up.

Your excuse that you dropped them down the sink wouldn’t fly tbh. They will see through it but if you haven’t done this in a long time then they might give you a pass. I really can’t say. I’m sorry.

MsDiz is right especially if you use that excuse they will see right through that better of saying you left it on the bus they been funny with my mate after he did it for for oromorph before we don't know if he got flagged up but since then his doctor has been funny with him to review this get this blood test done so be careful mate